: Rear Access Open

johndoe_57
08-09-09, 10:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

I tried searching but I did not see any info on my problem. I was driving the other day on the expressway and I hear the gm chime and a msg came up that said rear access open and the dome lights came on and they will not go off, of course I stopped and checked the rear lift gate and the window and closed and slammed and shut it for hours and I get the same problem, any ideas, thanks in advance!!!!! 2003 Escalade AWD I did a search on google and got a tahoe forum and they said maybe it needs a new BCM around 620 bucks wow!!!!

sk7
08-09-09, 12:48 PM
I would start by checking which switch is causing the problem, I'm not sure if there's a different message in dash if either glass panel is open or the complete rear hatch? Gotta check that. Here is a copy of wiring diagram. One switch must be defect. I doubt a failed BCM would cause only that little glitch... Keep us posted.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/Escalade/REARGATE.gif

johndoe_57
08-10-09, 08:47 AM
Thanks, so far it just repaired itself and I am playing the waiting game, I will keep u guys posted!!!!

pcguy760
08-10-09, 01:41 PM
Hey mine did that once or twice in the past few months! Usually I have to slam the rear hatch so I suspect it has something to do with the locking mechanism - is there a way to adjust the locking mechanism like on most vehicles? I suspect it might have moved back causing it harder to latch in...