: Keeping seats clean??

acowherd
08-09-09, 01:30 AM
How hard is it to keep the inserts clean??? If a child were to say spill a coke in the back seat, any chance the insert would not stain???

Caddyscat
08-09-09, 05:09 PM
Ha! Easy fix! No food or drinks allowed in our V. This ain't the neighborhood minivan. Kids are messy as hell.

acowherd
08-09-09, 06:37 PM
Yes no food it the car.. But on a long trip..have to have something to drink.:helpless:

I agree kids are messy, but I can't just leave them at home all the time. I would never drive the car if I couldn't take the kids. If that was the case I would get a z.:bonkers::bonkers:

Caroutisine
08-09-09, 06:56 PM
I imagine it would clean up with a mild shampoo and vacume just like any other cloth seat, although it's made of some kind of artifical suede...can't remember what exactly its called. Hope I never have to try and clean it like this though.

neuronbob
08-09-09, 07:37 PM
Yes no food it the car.. But on a long trip..have to have something to drink.:helpless:

I agree kids are messy, but I can't just leave them at home all the time. I would never drive the car if I couldn't take the kids. If that was the case I would get a z.:bonkers::bonkers:

On a long trip, one option is to use a universal seat cover like that sold at autoanything.com in order to protect the seat. An alternative with a small child is to put a seat protector under the child or booster seat. The second is what I actually do in my car, and the Lionheart seat protector has now saved two cars from major damage from our little one's food. An all-weather floor mat where the kids sit is also a "must" as juice/soda can dribble onto the floor.

In town, the rule in my car is "no food allowed" unless the drink involved is in a tightly covered container with a straw. My three-year-old is MESSY in any other situation.

I feel the same way as you. After my S2000 (two seats, no room for my little guy) I wanted a sports car with enough room to carry my family. Thus, the V.

uncletoad
08-09-09, 09:10 PM
If the inserts are Alcantara, like mine, you don't have much to worry about. Here is a story from a day in my Audi S4 with the same Alcantara.
Going to a shooting club in LLano TX, and thought I would stop by Coopers BBQ and pick up a tray of Black Berry Cobbler for the members to enjoy.
Cobbler weighted about 7LBS. I put it in the back seat, hit a bump and it spilled out onto the seats. PANIC in Llano! The cobbler was just out of the oven and hot, so it had penetration ability. Blackberry has world class staining ability. All I had in the car was a roll of toilette paper and a 1/2 full bottle of Kroger brand window cleaner.
Scooped up the cobbler and saved what I could for the hungry shooters.
Then spayed the seat until wet with window cleaner, mopped it up with the toilet paper and no stain. In fact, no evidence of spill of any kind ever.
I was so impressed I re-upholstered a bunch of furniture in my house with Micro fiber.
So carry some towels and some cleaner, and concentrate on perfect corners, not your seats.