: I want to buy local



acowherd
08-08-09, 11:55 AM
I want to buy local, but no one will come off of 70k sticker price.... The dealer has 6 on his lot. What can I say or do to get him to come down to a reasonable price of 63k??
They are all autos with recaros nav.. fully loaded..

Florian
08-08-09, 12:32 PM
Bring in a check for 63K and tell em you want a car and you have the money to back it up.

They will move.


F

wfo
08-08-09, 12:43 PM
Barring no trade in, where they think they have you over a barrel. This should be a no brainer.

1.Be pre-qualified, if financing, "have your ducks in a row"...You take charge.

2.Bring cash, certified check or other unquestionable purchase method. You take charge.

3. Be comfortable, rock steady and get ready to walk out do business elsewhere. You are, in charge now.

If still no signs of life in these turkeys, they are absolutley clueless....and if that's the case, they're probably just as cluless with their customer support and service that will surely follow.

Bottomline: You as a customer deserve the best from a Cadillac Dealership. Accept nothing less.

Now get out and get one of these sweet rides. You don't know what your missing.

thatcoder
08-08-09, 01:00 PM
tell em u know it's more expensive for them to keep it in their inventory, and you are willing to bail them out.

aburd
08-08-09, 02:21 PM
Avoid the headache and call Scot or Tony.

Gary Wells
08-08-09, 02:27 PM
Avoid the headache and call Scot or Tony.

X2, support a forum supplier. Scott or tony will give you a great deal without the associated problems that you are running into.

asabase
08-08-09, 06:48 PM
Not all dealers work on volume. Most are happy to sit around and wait for the doctor/lawyer/whatever to stroll in and pay sticker without haggling. You can't convince them to give you a deal. Just go with one of the above.

acowherd
08-08-09, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all the advise guys. I was at the dealership yesterday, and they told me 70k no insintives are out there for the CTS-V. I do have a trade that is paid for, and bought from that dealership. What I really wanted to do was trade the Yukon in on the V, and buy a used car for winter and daily bad weather. They were more than willing to work with the Yukon, and the (insert vehicle) we were looking at buying for the second car of the deal. But by no means were they coming off the price of the V. Oh except for 500 since I was a returning customer.....lol

I would think that 63k should buy a fully loaded V.:thepan:

MReiland
08-08-09, 08:20 PM
Thanks for all the advise guys. I was at the dealership yesterday, and they told me 70k no insintives are out there for the CTS-V. I do have a trade that is paid for, and bought from that dealership. What I really wanted to do was trade the Yukon in on the V, and buy a used car for winter and daily bad weather. They were more than willing to work with the Yukon, and the (insert vehicle) we were looking at buying for the second car of the deal. But by no means were they coming off the price of the V. Oh except for 500 since I was a returning customer.....lol

I would think that 63k should buy a fully loaded V.:thepan:

Will they take a GSU Supplier Pricing code, that would help. If so PM me.

acowherd
08-08-09, 08:49 PM
Will they take a GSU Supplier Pricing code, that would help. If so PM me.

I forgot to ask them, but yes that would help.

acowherd
08-10-09, 06:47 PM
I did talk to Scott and he was very helpful. I did decided to buy locally, and hopefully by the end of the week I can go pick it up!
The dealer was more than willing to deal after I told him "if he wants sticker than he shove it".

cvettr/cts-v
08-11-09, 01:15 PM
Sometimes that is what it takes being honest, fair, calm and walking out, letting them know that you are willing to travel to get the right deal. I had to make 1 long distance phone call buy 2 airline tickets fly to texas and drive 680 miles home but got a better deal doing so including all costs for airfare fuel etc.. than buying local for my 2006 v. The local dealer called me back 1 hour after I left to accept my offer but I had already made a much better deal with an out of town dealer. After doing this once I will never be reluctant to do it again, it was a great experience and I saved money on the exact same car including color inside and out. Glad you got the deal you are comfortable with.

Krug Ford
08-11-09, 02:21 PM
I will give everyone a great deal..

thebigjimsho
08-11-09, 02:37 PM
It was only a matter of time...

Barry626
08-11-09, 07:31 PM
I want to buy local, but no one will come off of 70k sticker price.... The dealer has 6 on his lot. What can I say or do to get him to come down to a reasonable price of 63k??
They are all autos with recaros nav.. fully loaded..

Why would u expect them to sell below invoice "cost".
Maybe u get real & be happy with $4,000 off & buy @ $66,000 u will get a DEAL!