: need some help

blk93notch
08-07-09, 11:04 PM
i have been working on my moms 97 deville with a 4.6 northstar. i did the headgaskets and now i need some info.

i need a vacuum diagram since i have a few lines i dont know where they go. mainly from one of the solenoids on the back valve cover and the line that comes off the back of the intake.

also i need to know where the grounds go. the battery one and the two short ones. i believe on of the short ones go from the coil packs to the head. not sure.

also i cant figure out the drive belt routing. ive looked everywhere and cant fine the correct one.

i have been working on the car off and on for the past few months and the paper i had stuff written on is missing and there no labels on the car as in diagrams. thank you for your time and answers.

blk93notch
08-07-09, 11:13 PM
also do i need seal tabs still or is it not needed anymore

Ranger
08-08-09, 10:36 AM
I am surprised you started a job like this without a FSM. Might try a one year subscription to Alldatadiy. Sub speaks highly of it.

Forget the sealant tabs.

blk93notch
08-08-09, 03:04 PM
got everything done except one ground wire. starts up and runs. also one vacuum port off the solenoid that is on the valve cover. other than that its running and idling fine.