: For new modders. D3 ecu plug box vs w4me handheld?

aburd
08-07-09, 09:00 PM
Wanting to keep stealth factor and purchase cai and tune. Suggestions?

aburd
08-07-09, 11:09 PM
cmon forum. am i the only one who is looking at these products?

Gary Wells
08-07-09, 11:16 PM
Not to bogart your thread, but I am in the same boat that you are, so I am also watching this for responses. I am sure that the 2 supporting suppliers will have something to say about their products.

nynd
08-07-09, 11:19 PM
Likewise Gary.. I'm on the sidelines waiting....

aburd
08-07-09, 11:23 PM
so bump this shit so we get the best product for our 1K. amen

ab

zr1vet
08-08-09, 04:14 PM
I'm interested too.

aburd
08-08-09, 06:59 PM
Thats 3

PSRmark
08-08-09, 07:31 PM
The D3 plug and play unit only adjusts A/F ratios, so it would be good for a car that has mild mods. I like the ECU box because it literally takes 1 minute to install or unistall...

When you start getting in to adding extra boost then the hand held would be a better choice as A LOT more can be adjusted...especially the trans tuning.

Either unit has their ups and downs...

aburd
08-08-09, 07:45 PM
Now we Are getting somewhere. D3 I emailed u guys about what kind of hp gains from ur cai and ecu box?

kck
08-08-09, 08:06 PM
The D3 plug and play unit only adjusts A/F ratios, so it would be good for a car that has mild mods. I like the ECU box because it literally takes 1 minute to install or unistall...

When you start getting in to adding extra boost then the hand held would be a better choice as A LOT more can be adjusted...especially the trans tuning.

Either unit has their ups and downs...

d3Mark:

I very much appreciate your post here. When sponsors describe their products, I’m always trying to judge their “credibility” in the claims they make. I am very impressed that you would promote another sponsor's product for particular applications (in this case, more extensive modding), and even highlight a feature – wait4me’s popular “transmission tune” – that end-users have widely praised elsewhere.

In another thread you corrected an “error” (due to faulty memory) that you made in posting horsepower numbers in which you originally claimed 18 hp but you later noted was actually 16 hp (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/176135-mods-installed-then-dyno-run-8.html).

Although I obviously cannot speak for other forum members, your “credibility quotient” has become very high in my estimation.

Kyle

Gary Wells
08-08-09, 08:40 PM
I am planning on stopping by towards the end of this week, d3Mark, as I would like to check out your operation, check out the new pulley, and see what you guys can do for me in the modification area. Thanks for the info that you just posted, also.

AuPanda
08-08-09, 08:48 PM
D3 sounds like more my cup of tea. I assume the air/fuel tune simply improves efficient performance of the engine. That combined with a Zoomer's exhaust would be quite pleasing.

aburd
08-09-09, 12:12 AM
Hp d3?

PSRmark
08-09-09, 02:02 AM
Hp d3?

Sorry. I don't have the numbers off hand as they are at the shop. we are open M-F from 9-5. When I get to the shop on monday I will look up that info for you.

aburd
08-09-09, 02:33 AM
Ur the man thanks.

wait4me
08-10-09, 11:39 AM
The difference between mine and the other one is,

Mine you can request ANYTHING you want to have done.

I can change JUST fuel in the computer, if that is all you want.

The computers that i sell, replace the stock one, for $320. It swaps out in a few minutes just like D3. No tools needed.

The difference is, im replacing the brain on your engine, that is in charge of everything. So it allows me to do ALOT of things in the background. Not just fuel changes...

The D3 unit, just plugs in between a module to trick the output from the sensor coming into the computer to make it lean out your car..

Leaning out a car is simple, One table in the ecm technically could mimic the same change as the D3 box.

We sell 2 options, one is just a plug in ecm. You get to keep your stock one for $320. It does ALOT of things to make your car better. Not just a wide open throttle fuel change.
Or, we have hand held programmers for $420 that hold 3 seperate tunes. Each with tranmission changes that make your car alot more fun to drive and includes an engine program that makes it better and safer than stock. "Alot smarter also"

aburd
08-10-09, 12:13 PM
Very interesting Jess. Great info. How hard is it to get at the stock ecm
box on the v?

Thanks ab

aburd
08-10-09, 12:14 PM
Just want to pic the one that is best at protecting my warranty. With all of the debates about stealth and stuff I just think replacing the ECM is better?

wait4me
08-10-09, 12:22 PM
I give you both choices on that. Either one goes back to stock.

As for replacing the ecm. there are already several posts with pictures on how to do it. It is a 2 minute job.

aburd
08-10-09, 12:39 PM
Ya I'm looking. No luck yet. I'm on iPhone.

Thanks for the info.

One again hp gains from both ur tune and cai?

aburd
08-10-09, 09:09 PM
hell i have even thought of buying w4me standalone ecm . but it doesnt have transmission tune?

dang

ab

PSRmark
08-12-09, 07:13 PM
With no other mods I would say the D3 unit with our intake would make an additional 20-25 hp

aburd
08-12-09, 07:19 PM
Thanks d3 for taking your time to answer my questions

ab

Luna.
08-12-09, 10:23 PM
D3 sounds like more my cup of tea. I assume the air/fuel tune simply improves efficient performance of the engine. That combined with a Zoomer's exhaust would be quite pleasing.

Can Zoomer's mufflers handle 550+hp?

I haven't chatted with Ron in a while...