: What is best method for loweing an 09 V?

wfo
08-07-09, 05:41 PM
Have heard numerous compliants about using the Eibach spring kit for lowering the 09 V. They squeak and compromises ride quality. This is ready great suspension system, no complaints. It can be done and doesn't affect travel if done correctly and lowered to an inch.

Hennessy Performance Tuners advises machining the A arms which requires of course requires expertise. They are experts, but they are a bit far to get to. I'm not allowing just anyone to muck around with a great car. I do want to lower the ride height about an inch so it look right. I lowered my 08 Z06 with PFADT coilover suspension and it rode even better than stock, stiff, tight and secure at high speeds. Bu then it was a Vette. I'm not using coilovers on the Caddy...no sir, this is a grand luxury sport ride. But I want that sweet look of a bit lower...sitting just right. Those in the know, know what I'm talking about.

These cars have been out for awhile now, got to think there's good lowering methodolgy out there that is working superior.

Where in North Texas?

Any suggestions...

chopmeat
08-07-09, 05:51 PM
GOOD LUCK!:banghead:
Lol!
No really, so many of us are thinking the same thing.
I did the Eibach's.
Bad idea.
They are for the regular 2008 CTS anyway, not the right one's.
I ended up cutting my stock springs just a little.
It's a tiny bit lower and I'm leaving it until the real deal comes OUT!

haterinc
08-07-09, 05:53 PM
i'm after the same thing. i talked to d3 earlier this week and they're expecting something in less than 2 months. the magnetic ride control and ltd production has really limited many people getting into the market for this car. i'm just waiting for d3 because a couple more months isn't going to kill me.

if you really want to fill up the wheel well in the meantime? put 21" rims on the car. 20" are nice, but the size of the car really is balanced out well with 21" rims. do a search for Dave Golder's white CTS V from Hennessey. he put black HRE 21" rims w a chrome lip on it and it looks phenomenal. obviously a lot of the old school guys think anything over 20" is "ghetto" but i'm sure they said that about 20" inch rims a couple years ago lol. evolution...

chopmeat
08-07-09, 06:26 PM
Here's my cut stock springs.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/knihc_photo/stockcut1.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/knihc_photo/stockcut2.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/knihc_photo/lingenfeltervettedocs.jpg

Dr. Design
08-07-09, 08:30 PM
Hello,
As haterinc already mentioned we are working on something. We have already submitted factory springs for evaluation and all required measurements for pre-production and prototyping. We even have a test car already lined up. We are waiting for the test springs to be completed and shipped from Germany.

Lowering springs will allow you to keep the factory MAG ride system in tact. We have been working on a coilover system for the 09 CTS-V, however it deletes the MAG ride system. We are not big fans of eliminating factory options or features so it was decided that we would have lowering springs manufactured for the 09 CTS-V.

For those that need a coilover system, we have a solution. Those that want lowering springs built specifically for the CTS-V, just give us a couple more weeks and we will post the results of the lowering springs with a production date to follow.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Have heard numerous compliants about using the Eibach spring kit for lowering the 09 V. They squeak and compromises ride quality. This is ready great suspension system, no complaints. It can be done and doesn't affect travel if done correctly and lowered to an inch.

Hennessy Performance Tuners advises machining the A arms which requires of course requires expertise. They are experts, but they are a bit far to get to. I'm not allowing just anyone to muck around with a great car. I do want to lower the ride height about an inch so it look right. I lowered my 08 Z06 with PFADT coilover suspension and it rode even better than stock, stiff, tight and secure at high speeds. Bu then it was a Vette. I'm not using coilovers on the Caddy...no sir, this is a grand luxury sport ride. But I want that sweet look of a bit lower...sitting just right. Those in the know, know what I'm talking about.

These cars have been out for awhile now, got to think there's good lowering methodolgy out there that is working superior.

Where in North Texas?

Any suggestions...

chopmeat
08-07-09, 09:55 PM
Hopefully you will have a bit of a rake in the stance???

Tony407
08-07-09, 10:02 PM
I too am waiting for the D3 springs. This company seems to really know their stuff and in my dealings with James their customer service seems top-notch. I do not want to lose the magnetic shocks, so springs will be the way to go for me.

Patiently waiting... :yawn:

Tony