: sts-v parts disappearing from manufacturer ?

Mazz
08-07-09, 02:15 PM
hey fellas

here's a stupid question regarding sts-v parts from the manufacturer

i myself dunno where the parts are being made but my car stood still in the dealership for more than a month awaiting supercharger parts (2008 sts-v)

i could ask for the exact parts that were replaced but waiting all this time without a car was a little hard, the advisor in the dealership told me that its taking forever for the parts because they are not available neither here nor in US manufacturer inventory..... could that be possible !?!?

asides from that iv complained everywhere regarding the dealership not giving me a car till my car is done with its repairs and got no real reason asides from that was cancelled a long time ago, i read here in the forum that people were given sts's and cts's to use for the time their car was in service in the dealership. how come the GM guys over here dont have that service, instead they wanted me to rent a car from them.... :bonkers:

BMW is gives out cars while the owners car is in service
and so do MB Lexus infinity and other companies but why not GM !?!?!?

im just so frustrated with how they r treating us over here :mad: :mad2:

forgot to ask who is responsible regarding the nav discs and updating them

i have so many roads not showing on the map its crazy to use the nav directions.
i pulled out the dvd and pluged it in my laptop only to see that its a 2005 model map
contacted parts and was told that that dvd was the latest for sts with no new updates, amazingly the 2008 escalade nav disc is updated to both 2008 and 2009 versions and the new cts-v is even a new 2009 version
did someone forget about the sts and the sts-v since 2005 ? is it too much to ask for an update thats been left out for so long ?

06stsv
08-07-09, 03:56 PM
I had service work on my 06 and asked for a vehicle and they gave it to me. The dealership sent their work to Enterprise rental company. Which the service advisor informed me that if it is under the GMPP warranty they want you in a GM product and nothing else. It prob depends on the dealer for repairs!

MacMuse
08-07-09, 05:01 PM
Nav discs are handled by an apparently independent group that doesn't play ball with dealers. check out http://gmnavdisc.com/

They recently changed the website, it used to let you plug in your VIN and find out your current available disc. If you're in an '08 then you may want to just call them and nicely beg for an update. If your Nav disc part number truly pre-dates 2008, then you got ripped off by a previous owner or dealer dumping an old disc in your system.

That's what happened to me - my '06 car came with an '05 disc (I bought the car this year), but the site claims my VIN received a free 2008 disc. I lose.

Berger 93
08-07-09, 05:04 PM
I have no idea how the warrantee is spelled out for a car over seas . . . when I have had mine in for service I usually get a CTS as a loner from my dealer.

Part's avaialbility I've heard many times they are in short supply, and I would asume even shorter supply for Abu Dhabi.

Nav disc's are your responcibility to "apply" or order your new discs from GMNAVDISC.com . . . In USA we get on free update set.

I do not know "who" updates the discs, but the data a sadly way out of date . . .

MacMuse
08-07-09, 11:21 PM
... when I have had mine in for service I usually get a CTS as a loner from my dealer.
. . .

really, I gotta start using your dealer. Over the last two weeks mine gave me an SRX, a Kia Rio, and a Cobalt.

CIWS
08-08-09, 09:58 AM
We have a rare car, so it's very possible certain parts may be hard for them to track down. Although a month sounds a little long. As far as loan cars and what you get really all comes down to each dealership and how they handle it. Now you should have been given something to drive if the car is still under warranty and they are doing warranty related work.

Do you know what it is they've been waiting on with the S/C ?

inurok
08-12-09, 11:50 AM
I waited a month for a new .....um re manufactured tranny so I guess they are just backlogged in general because that trannys not exclusive to the sts-v anymore right? Even a new belt set took over a week to get.

The dealer always seems to be out of caddys when I need a loaner but enterprise is good about holding a caddy when they come in and calling you to exchange for it. I have had CTSs, Tahoes and once a cobalt which I traded a few days later for a STS.

Mazz
08-20-09, 12:42 PM
Do you know what it is they've been waiting on with the S/C ?

amazingly it wasn't supercharger related but was the throttle body :confused:

how could that be affected at only 45,000 km is killing me but anyways that was the part replaced

and still the car feels like its a little under-performing , takeoff from 0 used to eat the rear wheels like crazy but now only squeeks a little

problem is i cant complain as the cadillac dealer here is the only dealer in the country and with no options .... u might know how i feel

inurok
08-20-09, 12:50 PM
amazingly it wasn't supercharger related but was the throttle body :confused:

how could that be affected at only 45,000 km is killing me but anyways that was the part replaced

and still the car feels like its a little under-performing , takeoff from 0 used to eat the rear wheels like crazy but now only squeeks a little

problem is i cant complain as the cadillac dealer here is the only dealer in the country and with no options .... u might know how i feel

Idk if its the same but when i had my new motor put in the car was a total dog for the first few thousand miles. It had gotten much better plus I have since got it tuned so I am happy. Mine was never able to eat the rear tires from a stop though.

AllGoNShow
09-01-09, 09:35 PM
All of your cars should be able to eat the rear tires from a stop, if my dinky little V6 can get a squeal out of them, your monster V should be ripping them to shreads. Hit the T/C button and come back with some more results, fi you are not ripping apart pavement, you have a problem.