: Tampa Area

VineTime
08-07-09, 01:02 AM
I'm down in the Tampa area, St. Pete to be exact, and I have the check engine light on for a bad cat so I have to get my car in for service. Anyone from this area have a recomendation for where to bring it? I know there's a few Caddy dealers around but not sure how good they are..

cooncat
08-07-09, 09:31 AM
I highly recommend Ed Morse Cadillac on Fletcher Avenue in north Tampa. Go up on 275 to Fletcher Avenue and go left (west). It is right after you go under the highway on the left. Any of the advisors are good. If you see Carlos, tell him that Bob with the Steath Gray 2006 STS sent you there.

cooncat
08-07-09, 09:33 AM
There are two dealers in the St. Pete area, one is Dew Cadillac in St Pete and Dimmitt in north Clearwater. Give them a call.

Angus Young
08-07-09, 01:42 PM
I would be very skeptical about bad cats, I have those codes on both banks p0420 and p0430, cats just dont go bad, something is causing them to give these codes, if you search the threads some will tell you they have replaced the cats only to have the same codes reappear, the dealer will charge you around 2 grand to replace them if you are not still under warrenty however the cats are under warrenty till 80,000 miles, something more than likely is causing you to run rich and the cats wont clean/burn off all of the excess fuel causing these codes. Let us know how it all works out for you..

-Angus

Playdrv4me
08-07-09, 02:58 PM
I had a 2003 Volkswagen Passat GLX (the only car I ever wasted money on "new") that had a bad cat at just 650 miles, so it certainly does happen. The first time they assumed similarly that a cat could not be bad at such low mileage and just reset the code. When the light came back they changed out the catalyst and it solved the issue.

To the original poster... If all you need is warranty work I'd go with either Dew Cadillac if you are closer to St. Pete or Ed Morse if you are closer to North Tampa.