: Replacing EXT Factory Muffler to Aftermarket

wit performance
08-07-09, 01:01 AM
I'm looking to replace the muffler only on my 04 EXT was looking into either a Magnaflow or a Corsa Touring. Anyone know the part #'s that will fit the best? I don't want to purchase an entire catback will weld and fab it up myself. Want something that flows better than stock w/o the drown or anything extremely loud. I already have a Mustang Race Car which is loud already this is a daily driver.

zerocarpileup
08-07-09, 04:06 AM
Corsa touring is the way to go. i have the sport and i still have no drone whatsoever, just a deeper growl. I find the Corsa sound to be clean,crisp and consistent and i find the Magnaflow and the Flowmaster to be a bit loose messy and phlegmy sounding. You can go to the website and listen to what the touring and the sport will sound on your Escalade.

wit performance
08-07-09, 01:45 PM
anyone know the actual dimensions of the oem muffler and inlet outlet pipes don't have access to my truck right now I believe it was single in dual out if I remember correctly. Try to match something up that will be a close fit. Don't want to purchase an entire catback...

luxurylife33
08-07-09, 02:16 PM
on my ext its actually dual in and single out. it's going to be hard to find a muffler like this. I did find one that has dual in dual out, so maybe i'd run a pipe to the drivers side.

sk7
08-08-09, 10:28 PM
Here's a pic of the stock exhaust. I replaced it with corsa sport. I love it! Its amazing how nice it sounds but is barely noticeable at highway speeds. Unless you floor it! I can measure it if you want. There was a number on the corsa exhaust itself, maybe that's available separately?

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/Escalade/Lade111.jpg