: New Owner oh boy!

nok
08-07-09, 12:30 AM
I've been lurking here since March and love the forum. All the while I was doing leisurely research into used 'V's. I found a good one out in Indiana (I'm in NY). Private owner, certified '07, 22,000 miles, thunder gray (my favorite) and sunroof delete! I'm 6'5" and need headroom and I rarely use a sunroof anyway.
I flew out to O'Hare on Tues, did the deal, got a temporary reggie from the Indiana DMV (it's crazy, Indiana's "tag" is the size of a postcard; got me pulled over in Pa.) and drove back to NY. I did about 250 miles on Tues. just to get the feel. Beautiful car to look at and drive. A few small disappointments but just as many pleasant surprises. The power is amazing, the brakes are amazing, the stereo is amazing, and those are the three golden keys for me. Add on top of that; great handling, quiet cabin and on and on. I finished out the rest of the trip yesterday and enjoyed every minute. It was about a 1000 mile drive which is plenty of road to get acquainted. I live over a mountain, so the last 8 miles of the drive were the best. Really twisty road and steep. I fell in love with the manual shift mode on the downhill side. It's gonna save my brakes. Anyway, thought I'd share my experience and I'm thrilled to go from lurker to owner.

freshchops
08-07-09, 07:14 AM
Congrats.... Pictures are always gawked at (I mean appreciated)!!! I'm soon to join you w/ mine in route. I'm curious, what were your "few small disappointments?" I'm coming from an '05 STS V8, so hoping for a whole lot more of the same plus a little more torque, but you got me curious about what you found disappointing?

CIWS
08-07-09, 09:14 AM
Congrats on your new :v: and :welcome: to the Cadillac Forums.

06stsv
08-07-09, 04:02 PM
Congrats!! You are going to love it!!! Any mods in mind? I am waiting for my
D3 stage 1.5 to arrive. Suppose to be here Monday :).

WillySTS
08-07-09, 06:32 PM
A few small disappointments but just as many pleasant surprises..

Congrats..!

I picked up my car and drove it back to the dealership where I worked/purchased it. I volunteered to go on the dealer trade to pick it up in San Diego.

What things are you disappointed with?

nok
08-07-09, 11:26 PM
My disappointments mainly have to do with ergonomics. I was hoping to finally lose the "cruise control on a stick" and have the controls on the steering wheel. I don't think too much of the gps (yet). The heated seats don't separate the seat from the back (I have a bad back, but not a "bad a**"). My brother's DTS has ventilated seats; that would have been nice, too. Like I said in my original post, these (small) drawbacks are more than compensated for by the overwhelming power and beauty of the car. Don't get the wrong idea, I LOVE the car.

freshchops
08-08-09, 02:26 AM
My disappointments mainly have to do with ergonomics. I was hoping to finally lose the "cruise control on a stick" and have the controls on the steering wheel. I don't think too much of the gps (yet). The heated seats don't separate the seat from the back (I have a bad back, but not a "bad a**"). My brother's DTS has ventilated seats; that would have been nice, too. Like I said in my original post, these (small) drawbacks are more than compensated for by the overwhelming power and beauty of the car. Don't get the wrong idea, I LOVE the car.

Actually all really good points.... I agree on those. The steering wheel controlled cruise control would have been intuitive, but not really a thing for me. I don't use cruise control much at all though. My STS had heated and cooled seats so the "V" is a tradeoff, not having cooled seats. Again not such a big deal. The GPS feels very primitive to me on the 05 STS. It seemed like it was developed along with Windows 98. There's so much better stand-alone systems out there for a couple hundred dollars, that's kinda disappointing. ...... but, like you said, just all mainly little nuisances.

Sorry to drag out the gripes in you, but ya' never know what someone might catch on too. Otherwise, glad you're loving the car!!! Let's move on, shall we......

CIWS
08-08-09, 10:03 AM
Even on the new 09 CTS-V the only way to get the cooled seats is to purchase the Recaros, and that's an added 3400.00. Our car is still pretty much living off the original design (which isn't going to change now that it's done in production) with the exceptions of the 08 and 09 have a couple of tech items added (HUD, Lane departure, blind spot warning).

Kim'sSTS-V
08-11-09, 06:33 PM
The cooled seats are kinda nice. I had a 06 STS with the cooled seats and we traded it in for the 09 STS-V which does not have the cooled seats. Today when I got out of work it was 92 degrees and my car sat in the sun all day. Boy it would have been nice to have the seats cooled off when I got in. I did prestart the car to run to AC so that helped. The V does give me a nice ride home. I can't complain.

inurok
08-12-09, 12:03 PM
I miss cooled seats my BMW had them and also the sts loaner car I had and they worked very well especially for someone like me who sweats alot down there. The nav unit does leave alot to be desired and i hat having to stop the vehicle to do anything onscreen gm ever heard of passengers lol. I wished the tranny downshifted quicker on light pressure and it would have been nice to have HUD that the outgoing model even had. The power is great donet get me wrong but it in no way feels like 469 hp but i assume curb weight is killing all the fun sorta but then again my supercharged truck put out 445 hp and my bmw but out 325hp and they both felt almost as quick?

Still i dont think I will be giving up my STS-V for quite a while.