: Hit a pothole lost a center cap

CTSV OWNER
08-06-09, 10:30 PM
Dangnabit, so as I'm in the far left lane and getting ready to merge into the lane for the freeway enterance. (yes the exit is on the left, it's NJ ok) I see a pothole a rather large one at that. I attempted to miss it but Noooo nailed it. Then as I look in my right side mirror I spot what looks like a center cap passing me and heading to the right lane. I'm doing about 40 with cars all behind me so no stopping now. I watch it go all the way to the shoulder but could not watch long enough to see where it ended up.

I guess I'll head to work early and see if I can find it and if I do how bad it is.

Here's a pic so you can see the style of center cap on my car. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=477&pictureid=2245

Wish me luck.. Thanks, Dave

Stingroo
08-06-09, 10:50 PM
Man that sucks. Losing hub caps and center caps is so annoying because then your car just looks weird. And that's a NICE car. Hope you find it in good shape.

I had to do that when we moved to the house we're at now. Lost a couch cushion from the bed of a friend's truck. Wasn't a fun search.

pompste
08-06-09, 11:11 PM
Beautiful ride! Hope you find the center cap.If not, check e-bay-----i found a beautiful set of 4 center caps that look brand new for my 1995 Deville.

sven914
08-07-09, 12:50 AM
When I replaced my wire wheel hubcaps with a set off a 76 Seville, I didn't know anything about them. I had a very hard time bending the clips to just get the caps on the rim, but after two hours, I got the entire set on. About three minutes into the first time I drove with the new hubcaps, I heard a loud pop, and saw the front passenger hubcap fly up over the car and land in a feild on the other side of the road (I was only going 15mph).

So I removed them all and re-bent the clips and made sure that they wouldn't come off. A few months later, in November of 06, I was driving on the highway, and heard the same loud pop (lost the driver's rear cap), and pulled over. I couldn't find it after three days of searching, and it was snowing so I dismissed it as gone and replaced it with a cap from a 76 De Ville. In May of 07, I was passing the area where I lost the cap, and decided to check one more time. It was laying on the other side of an overpass, still if perfect, unbent, untarnished, and usable condition.

I keep the De Ville cap in my trunk on the (full-size) spare tire in case I lose another hubcap. I also still have the factory wire wheels that can be switched in at any time.

caddeville89
08-07-09, 07:40 AM
Somebody ripped my center cap off. Luckily, I had a spare. You can get them on E-bay, but they can be pricey.

Submariner409
08-07-09, 08:50 AM
www.ehubcap.com

CTSV OWNER
08-07-09, 10:12 AM
I looked this morning and could not find it. Gm still has a few in stock. Although it'll be almost $80.00 I can't ride without it so there gos 80 Smackers

Dave

sven914
08-07-09, 02:29 PM
www.ehubcap.com

Damn, they want $80 for 1 used Seville hubcap. I got my set of four for $0.01 + $5.00 shipping. The De Ville cap only cost $20.00 (shipping included) and it was NOS and I didn't bid on it, I got "Buy It Now" from a store!

last generation Fleetwood center caps on eBay. (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?Model=Fleetwood&Model%2520Year=1993&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C 72%253A1171&_nkw=cadillac+center+cap&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1)

Angry Matt
08-07-09, 04:10 PM
There was a '95 hearse and two broughams at EZ pull and I think there was a set of your wheels. I'm going on monday weather permitting. You want me to look?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-07-09, 04:11 PM
Check Ebay. When I lost a center cap for my FWD Fleetwood I got a set of 4 that looked brand new for only $20.

thefleetwoodguy
08-07-09, 07:22 PM
I looked this morning and could not find it. Gm still has a few in stock. Although it'll be almost $80.00 I can't ride without it so there gos 80 Smackers

Dave

hey dave
do you have a close up of the cap?
I know its the base wheel. but I may have one for ya,
shoot me a pic if possible