: Dub City Fleetwood

Adam
07-24-04, 02:25 AM
A while back i was at the Lowrider show in Charlotte, NC. my friend and i were walking around and looking at all the stands and i noticed a huge table full of Dub City model cars. they had everything for sale. i read Dopestars forum a minute ago and that EXT was there. (hey bro im not trying to steal your forum or anything im just telling everybody my experience). they also had a CTS i think. one thing that stuck out was an impala sittin on 22 inch wires (well you know what i mean). i had never seen them in stores before. i asked the guy at the stand why they didnt make Fleetwood models, he told me he didnt know but that is the question he gets most of the time and that they would be a popular model if made. he told me it has been submitted to whoever and it is a possibility. if they are made they will probably be the 93-96 models. So how many people wanna see these made? :bling:

tru504187211
07-24-04, 11:35 AM
HAVE been looking for ANY Fleetwood or Deville between 1980-present with no luck...

DopeStar 156
07-24-04, 11:44 AM
No you didn't steal my forum dude, but instead gave me an idea.... I'll start a poll thread of who thinks DUB City should make a Fleetwood. Personally I'd like to se the 80-92 Brougham body made but I'm also a fan of the 93-96's. Then once the poll gets beefy enough I could email a link to Jada Toys and propose the idea with the proof of the car's popularity and the growing request for a Fleetwood or Fleetwood Brougham 1/24 replica. Also if Sal happens upon this post, I'd like to request sticky status for the poll so it doesn't get lost in the progression of the forums. Who knows? We might all have a little Fleetwood (Or DeVille to be fair) on our desks by the end of the year.

brougham
07-24-04, 04:52 PM
I want someone to make a normal 1980-1992 one. Forget the big wheels just make a normal looking one. I hate the way those dub ones look. I wanted to get a 1959 but didn't because they were all like that.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-24-04, 05:06 PM
im not a real big fan of the dub city cars but if they made the 93-96 fleet id buy one for sure

Adam
07-24-04, 09:48 PM
That would be great. the guy that was running the stand said he didnt know why they didnt make them. he said every show he goes to he's asked that. that would be great if you could start a poll. i would but i dont know how. that is what i was originally going to do with this thread. Oh to the other guys that dont like the dubs on them: they would probably come with wires on them, how would you feel about that, like the impala. it would give it a sort of classic look just with big wheels. IMO i think wires look better on them anyway. i got the 59 and it would look better with wires.

DopeStar 156
07-24-04, 11:59 PM
I wanna, but I'm waiting for Sal to Re-PM me on sticky status.

Adam
07-25-04, 05:32 AM
right right. maybe i should change the name to Hey Sal read this
oh well he'll stubble onto sooner or later. (hopefully sooner). you think we should have another poll on what body style year? i really dont care. the 93-96 model Fleetwoods are my favorite i like the 80-92 body style and all but MPO i think the newer body style would sell better. like i said earlier, the guy at the stand said if made it would most likely be the 93-96 body style.

DopeStar 156
07-26-04, 12:51 AM
Still waiting for Sal.....

CoupeDevilleRob
07-26-04, 05:34 PM
I'm with brougham, I've been wanting a model of car, or one close to it, for years. I think every muscle car ever has been made into a model, let's start making big old luxury car models.

DopeStar 156
07-26-04, 05:56 PM
I'm with brougham, I've been wanting a model of car, or one close to it, for years. I think every muscle car ever has been made into a model, let's start making big old luxury car models.

I would love a model of my Brougham, but I think there'd be a better chance of a DUB City one being made because they're popular with the lowrider community. I bet once the Brougham becomes a little older you'll start to see models. Companies are currently making cars from the 1970's into models and I'm sure the 80's ones will be debuting sometime.

Adam
07-27-04, 02:15 AM
I sent Sal a private message but i dont know if hes got it. 80 model body styles are starting to come out. i saw an 80 something grand national the other day. i personally hope they make a the newer body style.

DopeStar 156
07-28-04, 01:02 AM
I got my reply from Sal and the poll is up in this forum. Sal should stick it when he comes online next. Vote away rubber burners!