: Keep clean wheel spray

tbss08
08-06-09, 09:50 PM
Anyone try this stuff from Eagle One. I saw it at Autozone today and thought I'd give it a try. It is suppose to repel brake dust for two weeks.

jwa999
08-06-09, 10:51 PM
Yes, love it. Only it's tricky to apply.

Apply too much and it's going to run.

I've got the technique down. Trick is to keep track of where you sprayed.
I spray around the edge in a circle, then spray each spoke, and finally give the inside hub one spray. The spray will spread by itself. It's ok if a small area is unsprayed. Your wheels will still get dirty, but from a distance will look clean.

Hans.

Caddyscat
08-06-09, 11:43 PM
Gawd damn! These wheels get dirty so freakin' fast! (But the beast stops oh-so-great! So it's all good!)

Nutz
08-07-09, 12:10 AM
It worked better on my painted V1 wheels much better than it works on my polished V2 wheels. :mystery:

tbss08
08-07-09, 08:32 AM
It will be nice to keep the wheels semi clean, one quick stop and the clean wheels are done! I'd much rather stop than keep clean wheels though.

chopmeat
08-07-09, 10:27 AM
I don't trust wheel cleaners. They always dull and stain.
I use car soap and polish!

musclesbmf
08-07-09, 10:30 AM

Agreed...
Still waiting on a full set of low dust brake pad options. Had on my Z06, and I could not clean the wheels for 2+ weeks there was so little dust. Was awesome.

Mark

Gary Wells
08-07-09, 11:20 AM

I agree with this statement also. I never have trusted wheel cleaners, especially those designed specifically for high brake dust applications. I wipe mine down with a damp microfiber towel everytime that the car is wiped down. This process would not work with a dd, but works great with an occasional driver / toy.

jwa999
08-07-09, 12:26 PM
^^^^^
This is not a cleaner. It is a spray-on after you clean your wheels.
The brake dust bounces of the wheels and keeps the polished wheels looking like there polished for over 2 weeks. Road grime will still collect, but in chunks.

It does make it a lot easier to clean your wheels next time.

OldRoadDawg
08-07-09, 12:36 PM
^^^^^
This is not a cleaner. It is a spray-on after you clean your wheels.
The brake dust bounces of the wheels and keeps the polished wheels looking like there polished for over 2 weeks. Road grime will still collect, but in chunks.

It does make it a lot easier to clean your wheels next time.
But.... I can't imagine going 2 weeks without washing my V (or even 1 week), so I guess I'm like some of the other posters.... mild car soap & water works best for me.

jwa999
08-07-09, 12:48 PM
^^^^^
Well, I get really tired washing the car and 3 days later the rims are dirty again.
I have a white diamond, parked outside. I can rinse the car of with water and a brush and she looks like new.

RWFJR
08-08-09, 09:21 AM
Started using Eagle One several weeks after I noticed all the brake dust on my wheels. Works great however, when you first use it, don't panic like I did when parts of the wheel ended up with a haze. I thought I had ruined them. I just put too much on in one location. A little spray from your hose and it is good to go.