: Newbie here.

lewster01
08-06-09, 07:23 PM
I will be driving off the lot in my new '09 CTS-V, Friday Aug. 7th. whoohoo
Just hope I can make it a few blocks before I get a ticket:tisk:

Silver
Titanium Recaros
polished wheels
sunroof (why I don't know...oh yeah the wife wanted that)
Nav

I guess I will have to update my Caddy ownership tomorrow.

aburd
08-06-09, 07:33 PM
welcome.

ab

SlvrBullIT
08-06-09, 07:43 PM
WooHoo... have fun!! I waited a full month before I got caught.....

Gary Wells
08-06-09, 07:44 PM
Welcome & congratulations on your new purchase.

zr1vet
08-06-09, 08:05 PM
Congrats. You will love it. There's lots of information on this forum should you have any questions.

tbss08
08-06-09, 08:48 PM
I had mine 4 days and got the warning ticket. Congrats on the new V.:):thumbsup:

neuronbob
08-06-09, 08:53 PM
Welcome! So who's going to teach the noob the secret V2 handshake? :)

commander112
08-07-09, 06:49 AM
Welcome. You forgot to mention the transmission. I will assume an auto.

Mark

RWFJR
08-07-09, 09:14 PM
Sweet...You will have the time of your life this weekend...Welcome...:bouncy:

Short-Throw
08-07-09, 09:52 PM
Remember to go easy the first 500 miles so you break in the differential properly and avoid noisy chatter later on.

Enjoy!

Mike

Caddyscat
08-08-09, 04:21 PM
Put up some pics! I wanna see the silver with the titanium! Congrats on your new ride! :D

lewster01
08-09-09, 04:18 PM
Yeah it's an Auto. The wife can't drive a manual...and...I shouldn't admit it, but it is her car.

lewster01
08-09-09, 04:24 PM
We used to own a Corvette, and all the owners wave to each other. Since, our salesman referred to the CTS-V as a 'four-door' Corvette, not to mention sharing the drive
train, can I still be a nerd and wave to other V owners? :wave:

Hawkeye2
08-09-09, 04:41 PM
Congrats, enjoy the ride and use it in the best of health. Arizona, hmmm... would make a nice spot for a gathering of the V's one day!

//ZZ//
08-09-09, 05:18 PM
Welcome. I wish you and the wife many miles and years of safe and fun driving in the V. I'm at 6 mos and 15,000 miles later, and I still love the feeling of getting into the V and driving as much as the first time I drove her home from the dealership.

Keep the wave alive. Many of us here had or still have (as is my case) a vette. I live in the middle of nowhere in NE Iowa, and I have not seen another CTS-V. My son saw another black V in LaCrosse, WI recently. I like the idea of an Arizona gathering, especially if its in the winter. Anything to get away for a bit.

kck
08-09-09, 05:19 PM
Remember to go easy the first 500 miles so you break in the differential properly and avoid noisy chatter later on.

Enjoy!

Mike

Mike:

Thanks for providing the reminder (and for your many other informative posts). I have followed your recommendation regarding the ďgentle break-inĒ for the rear differential religiously. Since reaching the 500 mile mark, I have started to use the throttle more heavily, but still not WOT yet. Iím dropping the differential fluid tomorrow (at 1,000 miles), and will refill with 2 quarts of Amsoil Severe Gear Extreme Pressure Synthetic 75w90 and a pint of GM Limited Slip. Iíll also have my dealer install a FilterMag internal magnet that the company makes specifically for the differential.

Question: GM recommends not exceeding 70 mph for the first 1500 miles. I assume that this is mostly to help the break-in of the differential Ė and Iím guessing the transmission too. You clearly recommend following the GM break-in procedure for the first 500 miles. Am I correct to assume you also recommend adhering to the 1500 mile recommendation to not exceed 70 mph?

Kyle

Caroutisine
08-09-09, 07:02 PM
The wave seems to definately be a Vette thing.

lewster01
08-09-09, 07:17 PM

Enjoy!

Mike

Thanks for the info on the diff. I was not aware of the noise issue until I joined this forum. Also thanks for all of the welcomes. I have gone easy on the throttle...so far. It is hard to resist the temptation when on a long empty freeway entrance ramp. Key word 'empty', safety first.

Tucson and Southern Arizona are great during the winter months. Sometime in the Nov-Mar time frame would provide great weather for a get together, especially for all the northern tier folks. Summer time is really no fun, my outside activities this time of the year are mostly limited to the walk from my backdoor to the pool. However, the Flagstaff area, or Show Low area are nice this time of year, the elevation in both are + or - 7,000 feet, not great for engine performance though, but great drives through mountain pine forest.

Harold

commander112
08-09-09, 08:39 PM
As for the wave, around here us V drivers wave at each other. Problem is there are really not that many V's out there to wave at. I have only seen four other 09 V's on the road around here and still rarely see a V1.

lewster01
08-11-09, 10:23 PM
Put up some pics! I wanna see the silver with the titanium! Congrats on your new ride! :D

IMO the titanium w/the silver looks great. Let me know if you want to see a different view. I'll have to find a place to upload the full size pics, and not these neutered ones.

OldRoadDawg
08-11-09, 11:33 PM
I like it!
But I better, since my V is identical to yours.
And the saguaro & maguey make me homesick

nynd
08-11-09, 11:34 PM
Ditto... except I've got the ebony!

Dr. Design
08-12-09, 05:52 PM
Congrats and welcome!!!
Since you guys have been experiencing some pretty warm weather of late, how is the car running so far?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

lewster01
08-12-09, 09:38 PM
We got the car in Phoenix. Our local dealer here in Tucson, is losing their dealership...GM's decision. :mad: They are a nice group of people (the dealership). Anyway, back to the question. The car ran at normal temps in Phoenix, it was 106 degrees the day we got it. We sat in the parking lot of the dealership at idle with A/C on for about a half hour while he went over all the features of the car, which as you all know there are alot. The cars operating temps stayed normal. We only have about 250 miles so far, so I can't compare WOT in the heat to a cooler day. It is such an awesome car to drive!!