: How does the XLR-V comapre to Z06?

jwall09
08-06-09, 03:18 PM
The title says it all... Debating for my next "fun car" and want to know how they differ in ride and performance?

whisler151
08-06-09, 10:52 PM
The title says it all... Debating for my next "fun car" and want to know how they differ in ride and performance?

Have you driven them both yet? That will tell you a lot. What are your initial thoughts after driving them both?

jwall09
08-06-09, 11:09 PM
Have you driven them both yet? That will tell you a lot. What are your initial thoughts after driving them both?

I own a STS-V, but thats as close to the N* in the XLRV that i have driven. I know what to expect with the Vette and a manual trans, but wonder about the xlr and how close to the STS it is. The STSV has a lot of power, but no where near the UMPH of the Vette and LS motors..

The Tony Show
08-06-09, 11:52 PM
The XLR-V is slightly down on power compared to the STS-V, and isn't nearly as light as the Z06.

It's a fun car for sure and 10x classier and nicer riding that the Zed, but if you're looking for "UMPH" then you need to dial up your Chevrolet dealer.

ewill3rd
08-07-09, 06:25 AM
Vette has the guts, XLR rides better and its more comfy but still has enough power for most.

mighty_quad4
08-07-09, 06:57 AM
the XLR-V is about a second slower in the qtr mile compared to a ZO6. the only problem with the ZO6 is that its "just a corvette". theres NO exclusivity with it. the XLR-V is extremely rare and still fairly fast. if you can drive you should be able to knock off mid to high 12s. the rags cant get better than 13 flats out of it but we all know those retards cant drive very well.

Dr. Design
08-07-09, 09:16 PM
The XLR-V will ride softer than the Z as the spring rates are drastically different. Not to metion the weight of the two vehicles are very different as well. This certainly changes the dynamics of how each vehicle performs. There are performance upgrades for the suspension that will get the XLR-V close to the Z's performance in the corners, but there is nothing you can do about the additional weight.

I get the unlucky job of having to road test some of the vehicles we do here. Having driven both... The Z is much more raw and unrefined in its power. The XLR-V is buttery smooth and will respond if pushed. Make no mistake the V is no Z. But again the Z is no V either. There is something about seeing an XLR-V on the road. I see these things basically everyday at our shop. If I see an XLR-V on the road it automatically commands my attention. The Z on the other hand are pretty much a dime a dozen around here. I think I see more of them than I do standard C6's.

The acceleration and performance between the two have been documented by the magazines. From an aftermarket standpoint, you have to spend a good deal of money to extract more HP/TQ out of the XLR-V. The ZO6 makes power pretty easy and can be upgrade by just about anyone with a wrench.

What kind of "playing" do you plan on doing with this car?

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

whisler151
08-07-09, 11:51 PM
It goes back to test driving them both. As similar as they seem, they are two totally different cars.

Personally, if it were a weekend car, i'd go with a Z06 and drop a few thousand into it (big cam, headers, tune, intake). If it were a cruiser or daily driver go with the XLR-V. You still have the power to take most anything on the road, but it is more refined. Both will get you up front parking at the valet.

Aron9000
08-08-09, 12:39 AM
Z06 hands down, its a freaking rocket ship in comparison. Of course I've always been a fan of the raw, unpolished, loud, hairy chested muscle cars of yore. If you want luxury, look elsewhere.

As far as the dime a dozen Corvette thing, put some nice Fiske or CCW wheels on it. That'll make it stand out.

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/gallery/CHEVROLET/CORVETTE/C6%20Z06/SP500/01.jpg
http://www.ccwheel.com/files/gallery/CHEVROLET/CORVETTE/C6%20Z06/505a/04.jpg
http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/152227110.jpg?1231944583

Krug Ford
08-11-09, 03:32 PM
The XLR-v is a great car.. I tend to sell a few of them used.

V-Eight
08-11-09, 06:55 PM
Z06 will rape the XLR-V. The only thing is that the Caddy is rarer and will get more looks. Most people can't tell the difference between a Z06 and a normal Vette

thebigjimsho
08-13-09, 04:14 PM
The V is also severely undertired. It is obvious what its mission is. Although, the narrow rear tires make for a very lively car, one that is fun to chuck around at much lower speeds than teh Zed...

inurok
08-18-09, 11:41 PM
Z06 will rape the XLR-V. The only thing is that the Caddy is rarer and will get more looks. Most people can't tell the difference between a Z06 and a normal Vette

Exactly!!

HRDCOR
08-20-09, 04:24 PM
if you own a XLR V ... certainly you can afford to spend a little on upgrades ... intake ... Exhaust and a pulley ( with a Dyno-Tune ) and your at 500 h.p. to the rear wheels ...and you smoke the vettes in your area easily ...lol

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-26-09, 11:24 PM
He can do that in his STS-V if he did all those upgrades.. Same engne. I'd say keep your STS-V for the daily luxury/rocket and buy a Z to play with on the weekend. Why sell the STS-V for a XLR-V ? I don't get the train of thought. It can't be because of getting a drop top cause the Z only comes in coupe.

It's easier to mod your STS-V or buy a Z

And if you are looking for a 2 door luxury Z killer then wait for the CTS-V2 Coupe

Not hatin on the XLR-V, I love em... I just don't see the logic of going from a STS-V to a XLR-V (or the other way around) they are both similar (not the same) but similar enough I wouldn't consider switching between the two...
\ Z06= different animal completely,

Florian
08-26-09, 11:29 PM
plus you get the convertible with the XLRv!

YAY!

F