: winter tire talk & center cap needed

Silver04
08-06-09, 09:53 AM
Who runs them? I shop early for the best prices and have always had very good luck on craigslist. I just picked up yesterday a set of 4 blizzak dm z3's in 265/65/17 for cheap. The factory wrangler hps just do not cut it at all in the cold here in minnesota. I discovered while mounting them, I need a chrome 17" center cap...anybody help on that?

hcvone
08-06-09, 12:09 PM
For center caps check e-bay, they usually have a ton of them, probably steal them and put them on e-bay. I use winter wheels and tires on my 3 Escalade's, I live half the year in upstate NY where we ger snow by the foot, I have for many years been using Bridgestone Revo's 275/65/18 with great success, just great tires in real bad conditions. I just got a set of a new Goodyear's that looks good for the winter, we will see.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac

sk7
08-06-09, 09:29 PM
I'm gonna go with 265-75-16 for the winter. Winter tires here are mandatory starting in december. Can't wait to see how good AWD works when its slippery!