: Considering an 05 STS Have a few questions

osiris83
08-06-09, 09:51 AM
I'm looking at a 2005 STS V6 and i was wondering if there is any thing major i should look out for on these cars. My previous cars were a 94 Concours and a 99 Seville STS.

The one I'm considering has 72,000 mi and they are asking about 14k.
I've test driven the car and the only thing i found a problem with is the driver's door window switch, which they are replacing. I wanted the V8 but this one had nav and a moonroof, I'd like to have ACC and the hud but also im looking to stay under 15k so this seemed like a nice compromise.

Thank You in advance for all your help, don't think i could have kept my previous caddy's going as long as they did with out everyone on the cadillac forums help. :thumbsup:

Unique Distributing
08-06-09, 10:14 AM
Man to be honest with you keep looking... You forsure want a V8 there is a major diff in the perforamce. Also the 2 options i LOVE about my car is the ACC and the Nav. I am sure if you keep looking around you will be able to find one with all the options and everything for around that price.

BaTu
08-06-09, 11:02 AM
I agree... Unless gas mileage is a major concern, pay a little more and get a low miles, loaded-up, car that cost $20K more than the one you're looking at. It should only cost a few thousand more now and they ARE two, completely different, cars.

ACC/Nav/HUD all MAKE the car!

DBeaSST
08-07-09, 08:17 AM
Hold out for the car with the options you want!

While I wanted the V6 over the V8, not everyone would, nor be happy with it. ACC is (and this REALLY annoys me) only available on the V8 cars. I wouldn't buy one without the Nav either even though my Garmin is easier to use. HUD is a cool feature but I could live without it.

My point? Hold out for the car with the options you want! ;) May take a while to find but you'll be glad you waited.

Superjim
08-07-09, 09:29 AM
As the others have said...find the one you "REALLY" want. :stirpot:
Don't just "SETTLE" for one that is not "EXACTLY" the way you want it.
You will never be happy with it. :stirpot:

Texas Jim

MacMuse
08-07-09, 10:04 AM
I agree - once you know what you want, don't cave in for less.

On a related point, I believe the economy is really turning the corner. Every time a glance at the local used STS market the last couple weeks I'm seeing higher prices on older cars (lots of '05s) with more miles compared to my February purchase.

osiris83
08-07-09, 11:31 AM
Thank You to every one for their responses, I'm still on the search for the one i want. Haven't found one's in my price range with the options i want, i know they're out there. I have been test driving newer one's out of my price range just to get a feel for the options i want.
I did find one online but it seems a little too good to be true, really low miles and a great price. Seemed a little fishy so i passed, plus I didn't want to drive 4 hours each way to find out its a flood car or something worse.

freshchops
08-07-09, 03:23 PM
Hold out for the car with the options you want!

While I wanted the V6 over the V8, not everyone would, nor be happy with it. ACC is (and this REALLY annoys me) only available on the V8 cars. I wouldn't buy one without the Nav either even though my Garmin is easier to use. HUD is a cool feature but I could live without it.

My point? Hold out for the car with the options you want! ;) May take a while to find but you'll be glad you waited.

Agree here. And I would also REALLY recommend holding out for the V8. From what I've seen the NAV system is available on most 05 models.... at least more often than not, so you should be able to find yours. I saw a lot of second hand options for 06's with around 20-30k miles for around 20k. It's not 14k but you won't regret the extra into it. I would HIGHLY recommend finding one still within the manufacturers warranty (under 50k) miles..... even if it's 40k, that could give you a year to work out all the kinks on GM's bill.

I agree with DBeasTT too, the NAV systems aren't even as user friendly as say, a Garmin. My wifes Garmin is far more pleasant and intuitive, but as you know the NAV screen offers so much more.... so worth it too!

306stang
08-10-09, 06:33 PM
i'm in the same boat but looking at 06's and wanting to spend around 18K but if it's the right car i would spend up to 20k. it has to has v8 and nav.

yes i'm new to these, sorry, but what is ACC and HUD? acc have something to do with traction?

anyone got any good leads on a car similar to what i'm looking for? and yes i've combed through autotrader and the like

BaTu
08-10-09, 06:38 PM
Adaptive Cruise Control (radar controlled CC that maintains your distance behind cars in front)

Head Up Display (fighter pilot like display on the inside if the windshield)

Try Oodle.com, put in your parameters and let it search for your car (that's how I found mine)

306stang
08-10-09, 09:07 PM
any ideas why this, web2carz.com/15087833/2006/cadillac/sts/used-cars/for-sale?w2caf=de2dc1d2868f92e6 , is much cheaper than this, 2006 Cadillac STS
4 Door Sedan
Engine: V8, 4.6L; DOHC; SFI
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
Mileage: 64801
Stock #: U16267
VIN: 1G6DC67A460140509
Price: $19,975.00