: CEL code: 1101

ctsv5005
08-06-09, 06:55 AM
CEL 1101 is related to the MAF sensor correct? what is the fix for this one? i have 4" W4M CAI. how to fix the maf issue?

Thanks.

wait4me
08-06-09, 11:13 AM
Make sure the sensor is placed at 3 o clock if you look at it from the driver side fender. Also make sure when you put all the pieces together, you dont have the elbows pressed really far into the silicone pieces. if you have any edges inside the tract, it will throw that code saying there is a corruption of flow.

musclesbmf
08-06-09, 02:15 PM
good info on the elbows and silicone pieces...
thanks for that tidbit.

Mark

tedcmiller
08-06-09, 03:07 PM
To whom it may concern: The codes generated by the computer system are called DTCs (for Diagnostic Trouble Codes). I personally have never seen them referred to as CELs. There are three classes of codes. Those beginning with B are body codes, those beginning with C are chassis codes, and those beginning with P are power train codes. Referring to a code such as 1101 without the preceding letter would not normally be enough information, except the body and chassis DTCs don't go that high so it must be a P code.

P1101 is a DTC generated by the failure of the airflow in the intake system to match the prescribed model which is determined by throttle opening, barometric pressure, etc. The fix suggested by wait4me might work. I hope so. Otherwise, there are numerous other factors that can cause that particular DTC.

Florian
08-06-09, 10:46 PM
CELs = check engine light
DTC = stored diagnostic trouble codes

Ted- FTW!

F

tedcmiller
08-07-09, 12:14 AM
Actually, I made a mistake when I said that body DTC numbers don't go as high as power train DTC numbers. They do, but because there is no 1101 number in the body DTC list, it means that 1101 is a power train DTC. The factory service manual never refers to CEL codes - only DTC codes.