: 02 Escalade Problems

Angelico90000
08-05-09, 10:45 PM
I just picked up an 02 Escalade AWD, It has the following issues that are driving me crazy.. can anyone help me out, I would rather not spend my life savings at the GM dealer :) haha.

Problems:

1) It could nothing but it seems like when I start the car with the key there is a bit of hesitation, almost like it doesnt want to then it does. I took it to Autozone, and they tested it they said the battery had 12.5 volts so it was good. I just put a new battery in anyway with a higher crank rating and it does the same thing.... is this normal?

2) When you are in the drivers seat, right above your head there is a small 2" speaker looking plastic thing, this is buzzing like crazy and driving me mad! I have no clue what it is or what it does but its nuts. What I turn the car off it wines down like a fan, any clues?

Thanks for the help guys!

Angelico90000
08-05-09, 10:46 PM
Forgot to mention, Autozone tested the alternator and its fine

luxurylife33
08-05-09, 10:57 PM
I just picked up an 02 Escalade AWD, It has the following issues that are driving me crazy.. can anyone help me out, I would rather not spend my life savings at the GM dealer :) haha.

Problems:

1) It could nothing but it seems like when I start the car with the key there is a bit of hesitation, almost like it doesnt want to then it does. I took it to Autozone, and they tested it they said the battery had 12.5 volts so it was good. I just put a new battery in anyway with a higher crank rating and it does the same thing.... is this normal?

2) When you are in the drivers seat, right above your head there is a small 2" speaker looking plastic thing, this is buzzing like crazy and driving me mad! I have no clue what it is or what it does but its nuts. What I turn the car off it wines down like a fan, any clues?

Thanks for the help guys!

there is a fan in that bad boy.... its the cabin air temperature sensor, senses the cars cabin temperature .... mine whined for about 3 days and then stopped, thank god, but apparently its a common problem