: 1996 Fleetwood l.e.d. tail lights

96 Fleetwood
08-05-09, 03:10 PM
I have a question maybe somebody here could answer for me. Would anybody have an idea where I can purchase some l.e.d. tail lights for my 96 Fleetwood? I have a pic of what I'm looking for.(sorry it's kind of a dark pic) Thanks a lot for your time.

csbuckn
08-05-09, 05:19 PM
I would start at Dakota Digital. They make custom digital dashes but can make more. You may have to send them your tailight for reference

96 Fleetwood
08-19-09, 10:56 PM
I would start at Dakota Digital. They make custom digital dashes but can make more. You may have to send them your tailight for reference

Thanks a lot for the response I'm goin to look into this company. Thanks again for your time.

arnauts
08-20-09, 01:44 AM
A company named Custom Classics offers them, here's their site:
http://www.customclassic.com/
I can't really vouch for them, but the email response was quick.

Cadillacboy
08-20-09, 06:45 PM
Those look very cool

GizmoQ
08-20-09, 11:19 PM
I just installed my mods from Custom Classic and they look great. Very professionally done. I had them install 4 columns of LEDs in the existing housings (no small feat with sealed housings). As far as brightness, they are slightly brighter than the three bulbs (probably because I didn't update the diffusers so you can barely tell they're LED vs bulbs). Was it worth the cost: not yet, but I have some changes in mind to make the columns sequential that should make them stand out significantly. I'm also still researching chrome/clear lenses for the ultimate retro look.

rhall305
11-20-11, 01:43 AM
Hello Gizmoq I know it's late, I too am looking for led taillights for my 1995 fleetwood. Could you show pictures of your led taillights day & night. Do they light up evenly with the front turn signals? Have you had any problems with the LED's? Is it difficult to modify them for the factory fitment? After having them for awhile is it worth ownig them. I love to have the taillights on some of the newer cadillac's like the DTS, STS to make it a more high tech look.

GizmoQ
11-20-11, 11:01 PM
Hello Gizmoq I know it's late, I too am looking for led taillights for my 1995 fleetwood. Could you show pictures of your led taillights day & night. Do they light up evenly with the front turn signals? Have you had any problems with the LED's?

Been a few years now. The LED Tails are no longer being used. Mine had to be redone twice per side. Evidently, the LEDs used can't take the vibrations/bumps/jolts of my racing suspension and 20"wheels. Since getting the XLR, I've neglected the Eldorado, so no more mods in progress.

When they worked, they worked well - very bright. But they always had an LED or two fail within 6 months (I suspect the solder joints came loose). I paid to have mine done and the guys who did it said it was an experiment and I knew it going into this. I really appreciate them trying because this was anything but plug and play. The fact that they kept trying to fix the problems is truly a credit to their reputation. I was extremely satisfied with the product when it worked and it was never the companies fault for the failures it was the manufacturer of the LED strips.

Is it difficult to modify them for the factory fitment?
The company that did mine said it was a nightmare. The housings couldn't be dismantled without destroying the lenses. They bore a hole in the top of the rear bulb holders, gutted the holders completely, then inserted the LED strips and then glued them in place.

After having them for awhile is it worth ownig them. I love to have the taillights on some of the newer cadillac's like the DTS, STS to make it a more high tech look.

Maybe now that the LED technology has improved, but mine are unusable. I'll probably try again when I get my 2002 Collectors Edition Eldorado, but that won't be for a couple more years.

The ones they make for your car are rock solid! (http://www.customclassic.com/products/lights/caddy/93brougham.htm) Completely different process than mine. And they've been making them for years. If there were a problem with them, they would have stopped making them. I would gladly endorse their products.