: Cold Idle

tbss08
08-05-09, 08:09 AM
I hate to even think of bringing the V back to a dealer but I've got a weird thing at idle while cold. Right after you start the car while all the electronic gizmo's are doing their thing, the car has a stumble to it like it is trying to find the right idle speed. When I first put it into gear the car lurches a little then recovers, it almost feels like a choke would be sticking on a carbed car. No codes are thrown or anything like that and once the initial start is done it idles just fine. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks.

Caroutisine
08-05-09, 08:29 AM
I have nothing like that. How long has it done this? Could be just a bad tank of gas?

tbss08
08-05-09, 11:10 AM
I've only run Shell gasoline 93 octane. It has been doing it for a bit but I just brushed it off. It only stumbles when it is first started cold.

Caroutisine
08-05-09, 02:05 PM
If it's consistant, now is the time I would bring it back to the dealer. Easier to find and fix a problem that happens all the time. I also run Shell 93. Just noticed you have the same 2 vehicles I have. 2009 CTS-V for summer, 2008 TBSS for winter :)

tbss08
08-05-09, 02:25 PM
Yeh,
I'm getting ready to take the trek back to the dealer on Friday. I just hate to bring the car back for some clown to screw it up.
The TBSS is my wife's DD, we also have a 96 Impala SS and a 94 3/4 ton Suburban. I get to drive the TBSS every now and then if the weather is bad enough not to take the Impala. Both are fun vehicles to drive.
:cool2: