: Goodbye to an STS-V

PSRmark
08-04-09, 12:09 PM
The STS-V below belonged to a friend of ours here at D3, luckily he was ok but as you can see his car is done! On the up side, within hours of being rear ended by a Land Rover he was looking in to purchasing a CTS-V...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/d3mark1/0803091249b.jpg

CIWS
08-04-09, 01:05 PM
OMG :eek: Hope he is OK.

AllGoNShow
08-04-09, 03:05 PM
Ouch, any chance of part out or is insurance taking the whole car?

PSRmark
08-04-09, 03:19 PM
OMG :eek: Hope he is OK.

He said yesterday that he was pretty jacked up in his back and neck, but he said he would be fine.

PSRmark
08-04-09, 03:21 PM
Ouch, any chance of part out or is insurance taking the whole car?

I'm not sure whats going on yet, but we may look in to getting it so we can get the drivetrain out of it.

CIWS
08-04-09, 03:23 PM
He said yesterday that he was pretty jacked up in his back and neck, but he said he would be fine.

I hope he goes to a Doc and gets checked out, just to be sure.

AllGoNShow
08-04-09, 03:24 PM
Let me know if you guys pick it up and what you plan on doing with it, Id be interested in a load of parts from it :)

Berger 93
08-04-09, 03:37 PM
So sad . . . :( Glad the driver is OK.

CIWS
08-04-09, 03:51 PM
Was there any idea of estimated speed of the L.R. when it hit him ?

leija_01
08-04-09, 04:00 PM
got dibs on wheels.

freshchops
08-07-09, 03:33 AM
Oooooh, I'm sorry for him! I was recently in his position. Here's to hoping it all works out for the best!
I hate to see such a waste of a good car :(

PSRmark
08-08-09, 01:29 PM
got dibs on wheels.

I spoke to him on Fri, he says his neck is messed up and his back is uncomfortable.

As far as the wheels are concerned, he's looking to sell them for 3500 with new tires all the way around, he is also taking the wheels to a rim shop to make sure that all of the wheels are in perfect shape.

other than that, I'm not sure if he is in the right mood to talk about the fate of his car. If it was mine I wouldn't be.

2Vast4U
08-10-09, 02:12 PM
Who cares about the car and it's parts? A member of the forum is injured and all you can think of is "how much for his rims?"

I hope his neck and back start feeling better and he gets some great medical attention and a lawyer. Neck injuries are no joke, mine is still messed up after being rear-ended 5 years ago.

CIWS
08-10-09, 03:24 PM
Who cares about the car and it's parts? A member of the forum is injured and all you can think of is "how much for his rims?"

I do not believe the owner was a forum member, but one of D3's customers. Of course forum member or not shouldn't be a factor in showing some concern for their health. However I think several members here have/did express concern for his condition.

WillySTS
08-11-09, 05:29 PM
Wow, what a small world...that car is out back at our dealership now, it belongs to the insurance co. Turns out, this is the car I test drove home over the weekend when I made my decision to buy a V. This car also has a NEW differential in it, which we installed less than a month ago, he is a regular customer at our dealership.
He was buy the shop today and we were talking, he said he was no longer a V owner as his got totaled...I said "another one?"...He said,"what do you mean?"...I then told him about this thread and he said hedidn't know if it was the same but it's out back if you want to go see it, so I go out back and there it is...

WillySTS
08-11-09, 08:24 PM
Well,the owner had us to take those wheels off the car and put the stock ones back on as the car is leaving today. But not before calling dibs on 2 of the stock wheels to replace my 2 curb rashed wheels. I would have gotten all 4 but the one of the rear tires was too far gone.

Then I said goodbye.

Platinum06
08-13-09, 01:04 AM
James?

WillySTS
08-13-09, 11:56 AM
James?

No, the car actually bellonged to a close associate of the D3 crew. It does have a lot of D3 stuff on it and would be a real find in a wrecking yard.

Dr. Design
08-13-09, 12:22 PM
Yes, that car had a bunch of stuff on it. I don't know if anyone still has access to the car, but there were a good deal of performance parts installed. We were actually getting ready to install the rest of the stage 2 system on the vehicle.....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

No, the car actually bellonged to a close associate of the D3 crew. It does have a lot of D3 stuff on it and would be a real find in a wrecking yard.

thebigjimsho
08-13-09, 02:46 PM
got dibs on wheels.
Did you really think calling dibs on a forum makes a binding contract? My guess is that was a bad joke..

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-14-09, 07:35 AM
Did you really think calling dibs on a forum makes a binding contract? My guess is that was a bad joke..Im not so sure. Other car forums respected "calling dibbs". Ifsomeone parted out a car the "dibbs" post was respected and first in got first shot. I parted out my S2000 to return to stock and I respected the dibbs posts... What's so wrong with that?
Actually when I read his "dibbs" post my first reaction was SHIT someone called them before I did.
Now for it to work the seller has to be an active member of the forum. I understand why he posted it. In hopes D3 would read it and pass on the info to the owner that there is interest on the boards for his wheels.

WillySTS
08-14-09, 10:26 AM
I believe he already had a buyer.

thebigjimsho
08-14-09, 06:41 PM
Im not so sure. Other car forums respected "calling dibbs". Ifsomeone parted out a car the "dibbs" post was respected and first in got first shot. I parted out my S2000 to return to stock and I respected the dibbs posts... What's so wrong with that?
Actually when I read his "dibbs" post my first reaction was SHIT someone called them before I did.
Now for it to work the seller has to be an active member of the forum. I understand why he posted it. In hopes D3 would read it and pass on the info to the owner that there is interest on the boards for his wheels.
If they are a hot item, I sell to a respected or particularly needy buyer. And it's usually the first with money at the ready, not just someone who luckily stumbled upon a post first...

leija_01
08-15-09, 04:09 AM
Im not so sure. Other car forums respected "calling dibbs". Ifsomeone parted out a car the "dibbs" post was respected and first in got first shot. I parted out my S2000 to return to stock and I respected the dibbs posts... What's so wrong with that?

word.
btw, dan, I've done some improvements on the STS V Tune. Let me know if you are interested.... :)

Rolex
08-15-09, 09:28 AM
No way a person can get rear ended like that and not have a few days of head/neck/back aches. I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured, and I hope your friend's aches and pains heal quickly. It's a shame such a beautiful car got smashed up like that, but things will happen. I agree that would be a nice find in a scrap yard if it it kept whole. I bet this thing will be auctioned off and end up being stripped and sold by one of these big parts re-claim businesses. There's big money in that sort of thing now days.

CIWS
08-16-09, 09:25 AM
I'm still kinda curious what kind of impact speed it was to slam the trunk all the way up to the rear seat. :eek:

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-16-09, 10:46 PM
word.
btw, dan, I've done some improvements on the STS V Tune. Let me know if you are interested.... :)YES!:bouncy: