: 4-day-old V totalled

z06bigbird
08-04-09, 12:51 PM
Saw a while 09 V at a local body shop yesterday. Asked questions about it, and found out that owner had it for 4 days. Then someone hit him in back end and pushed him into vehicle in front.

No one said anything about serious injuries.

Word on the street is that insurance totalled it, and new buyer jumped on the bargain price. New buyer is now putting it back together. (New buyer probably bought it from orig owner at time of insurance settlement.)

The Tony Show
08-04-09, 06:32 PM
:moved:

neuronbob
08-04-09, 07:35 PM
Poor previous owner. Hope he/she wasn't hurt.....an accident sufficiently severe to total a brand-new V was pretty significant.
Even so...I suppose that is one way to get into a V, cheap. I wouldn't do that myself, though.

Nutz
08-04-09, 07:39 PM
What color?

RightTurn
08-04-09, 08:39 PM
Did urby buy an '09?? :ohnoes:

wfo
08-04-09, 08:50 PM
Poor previous owner. Hope he/she wasn't hurt.....an accident sufficiently severe to total a brand-new V was pretty significant.
Even so...I suppose that is one way to get into a V, cheap. I wouldn't do that myself, though.

What wouldn't you do?

Crash your 4 day old beautiful Cadillac CTS- V, just to go out buy another car of the same for cheaper? Of course you wouldn't, no one would. I'm not understanding the remark.:banghead:

neuronbob
08-04-09, 10:31 PM
What wouldn't you do?

Crash your 4 day old beautiful Cadillac CTS- V, just to go out buy another car of the same for cheaper? Of course you wouldn't, no one would. I'm not understanding the remark.:banghead:

The OP indicated that a second party bought the wrecked V from the original owner. I presumed it was for much cheaper than MSRP. :) Apologies if I wasn't clear.

RWFJR
08-04-09, 10:43 PM
There aren't that many V2's out there. I am really getting pissed about all these V's going down. Most of what I have seen and heard, the wrecked V's are listed as vehicle #2 on the crash report, meaning the "not at fault" vehicle. Hopefully that says something about OUR driving!:v:

asabase
08-05-09, 12:06 AM
It says the V brakes are better than the guy's behind you.

jwa999
08-05-09, 02:31 AM
I'm hoping crashed V's is'nt going to be a trend. Insurance for all V's will go up!

I Insured my Porsche 911tt for around $400/6months. Then a couple of years ago, it wen't up to $700. Not because of me, I never had a ding. No, the rating for the vehicle went up. So beware!

Hans.