: 2006 sts vr

dhac
08-04-09, 12:05 PM
Has anybody out there with a 06 STS been successful in getting the VR system to work. Or know of a dealer who has been able to fix one to work correctly. Been to my dealer twice for the VR system. First time they updated some software, but really didn't work any better. So I figured I'd just give up and live with it. But, my daughter brought a 09 Honda CR-V with nav and all the goodies including VR. I tried the VR in the Honda and it worked every time. So, went back to the dealer, showed him and even had him to try giving it a command, getting the same results as me. Pardon, Command not recognized, no phone connected, no speech detected and etc. Got car back and the technician's report said system is working as design. Guess conclusion would suggest I take a speech course. I know I'm not the only one having this problem from reading replies in forums here on the STS Forum. So, just wondering if anybody has been successful in getting the VR to work right or any pointers to help me. Thanks.. dhac

WillySTS
08-04-09, 12:49 PM
While it is not the epitome of VR's, mine works fair after I took the time to print out the commands and practice the ones that I use most. The windows and S/R must be closed and the fan speed should be lower, other people in the car should not be talking and under those conditions it works 75% of the time. I use it mostly for phone names and simple nav commands that aren't allowed while driving.

EChas3
08-04-09, 01:47 PM
The windows and S/R must be closed and the fan speed should be lower, other people in the car should not be talking and under those conditions it works 75% of the time.

The Name Dialing works better than the rest of the system because you record your own voice. But you do need to have the phone matched as default & working beforehand.

I believe I get better results when it is set to Male US English and set my wife's to Female US English. (She preferred to hear a man's voice but is OK with the change.)

It improves with practice but I don't use it much.

[The point is not how gracefully the bear dances. It is that he dances at all!]