: Need tires? . . DO NOT buy Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S

Berger 93
08-04-09, 10:17 AM
Well, the tires now have a lovely 4,000 miles on them and the car now sounds like it runs mudder truck tires . . . wa wa wa wa wa . .

I knew about the F1 GS-D3's getting noisey, but the All Seasons were pretty new to the scene when I bought them . . . Well they do it too!

GRRRR . . . .:rant2:

So save yourself the aggrivation, look to other brands . . . Just an FYI

bobs-sts-v
08-04-09, 06:37 PM
Thanks Berger. My GS-D3s are definitely noisier than the day I bought them. And the fronts are wearing almost twice as fast as the rears - anyone have any ideas on that? Wear is even across the tire, but there is little left in the way of tread to push the water out of the way. Kind of worries me with all the rain here in Chicago lately. I definitely won't be replacing the summer performance tires with the GY again.

Bob

CIWS
08-04-09, 07:06 PM
My rears had faster wear than the fronts. This has been the case with both sets of tires, although I blame the first set (runflats) on following the recommended pressure by Cadillac and getting bad center wear (32 psi cold).

WillySTS
08-05-09, 01:25 PM
My rears had faster wear than the fronts. This has been the case with both sets of tires, although I blame the first set (runflats) on following the recommended pressure by Cadillac and getting bad center wear (32 psi cold).

Yeah, those recommendations by Cadillac are definately generic. From my Showroon Stock racing days, a front engined,rear drive,relatively heavy vehicles on street tires should run at least a 5psi split...especialy if the rear tires are larger than the front. So...I run 35-36 front,which also helps to keep the edge wear in check and no more than 30 in the rear(cold). Besides evening out the tire wear across the tread a bit, it also balances the car's handling...understeers a little less,tail comes out a little easier, which make the car a little more tossable to me...I like it.:yup: