: Water pump Purge line?

Samsix
08-04-09, 02:05 AM
:blonde: Can Someone Upload a picture that shows the water pump purge line for a 94 eldo touring ? My eldo is overheating in less than 5mn. I have replaced Thermostat and Hoses no water in oil or oil in water. :sadeyes:

Spencer's HIDs
08-04-09, 02:24 AM
t-stat wouldnt cause it to overheat in 5 minutes. definately sounds like the coolant isnt full. I cant help you with a pic, but i'd say your on the right track.

Ranger
08-04-09, 11:44 AM
Look for the 3/8" line at the side of the surge tank near the top. That's the purge line.

mikelawson
08-04-09, 12:18 PM
Sam, sounds like it may be time for a headgasket replacement.

Mike

Samsix
08-04-09, 03:31 PM
Thanks Ranger. I found it. It was plugged up big time.I un-plugged it with some wire i had laying around. now i have to Waite for silicone to dry. When i was putting the sparkplug wire holder back I broke the vacuum line connector on top of TB:banghead: And Mike I Hope i don't need a headgasket replacement ! If i do it will spell the end of my Beloved Eldo :arghh: I Hope you are just ttying to sell me Something. You are a vendor Right!:tisk: LOL

Mark C
08-04-09, 09:34 PM
Whats the silicone for? Except for their use in fake boobs, silicone has no place in a Cadillac.

Ranger
08-04-09, 09:57 PM
Hope that solves your problem. Let us know.

I remember our old Guru saying that silicone is instant death to the O2 sensors.

z06bigbird
08-04-09, 10:15 PM
Whats the silicone for? Except for their use in fake boobs, silicone has no place in a Cadillac.

There is a direct proportion between Caddies, silicone, and boobs. Believe me.

Samsix
08-04-09, 10:33 PM
Silicone is to seal Vacuum line connection I broke on top of TB. I Started car and let it run for 30mn. Temp got to 223 then went down to 217. So i think I'm ok for now. Any one know where i can buy that Rubber part on top of TB.

Submariner409
08-05-09, 09:26 AM
Samsix, The vacuum connector on the throttlebody - did it slip onto a metal nipple ? If so, you can replace the entire plastic line and connectors with a piece of the proper size rubber vacuum line, available in blister packs at any large parts house.

Otherwise I'll bet you're in the junkyard search business............

ThatDGuy
08-19-09, 10:18 AM
How do you purge line?

Ranger
08-19-09, 12:13 PM
Unless it is clogged, it's self purging. Just start the car and run the RPM up to 3-4K a few times.