: Eldorado non-Bose help

midnightrider
08-03-09, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone. I need some help replacing me non-Bose speakers on my 2000 Eldorado. I did a search and could only find the speaker size. My questions are is there an external amp used on the non-Bose system or are the speakers powered by the head unit? How do get to the front door speakers, through the speaker grill or do you need to remove the complete door panel? And finally, what is the wire diagram from the head unit so I can add a high end LOC that includes an Auto-Trigger circuitry for my amp. If there is not an external amp than this will be easy with the correct wire diagram.

midnightrider
08-04-09, 10:12 AM
Any help?

N*Caddy
08-04-09, 07:36 PM
Non BOSE sound system does not have an external amplifier, as you suspected the speakers are powered directly from the HU (there is an amplifier chip on the right side of the HU). There is a sticky with the speaker size, first one listed is for Eldorado:
Non-BOSE Rear is 6x9’’ and front 5.25’’ (w/2’’ tweeter on top).
To get to the front speakers you NEED to remove the door panel no way around. You cans see the speakers if you remove the grille but that’s about it.
To get to the rear ones you have to remove the rear seat (both the seat and the back rest) and then the rear shelf cover (you can keep the cover in there, just lift from the middle enough to put your hand underneath) – no can’t be done thro the trunk do not insist!
The HU audio output wires are:
F12 – LH Front Speaker (+)
F13 – LH Front Speaker (-)
E15 – RH Front Speaker (+)
E14 – RH Front Speaker (-)
E12 - LH Rear Speaker (+)
E13 - LH Rear Speaker (-)
F15 - RH Rear Speaker (+)
F14 - RH Rear Speaker (-)
The easiest way to access the audio signal is from the rear speakers (connector can be accessed from inside the trunk).
If you need low level (either volume control dependent or constant line level) you need to open the HU and tap into the audio processor (a TQFP32 chip TDA7342EQ2N made by ST Electronics). I can provide you the schematics if you can’t find-it on the Internet.

midnightrider
08-10-09, 10:58 AM
Non BOSE sound system does not have an external amplifier, as you suspected the speakers are powered directly from the HU (there is an amplifier chip on the right side of the HU). There is a sticky with the speaker size, first one listed is for Eldorado:
Non-BOSE Rear is 6x9’’ and front 5.25’’ (w/2’’ tweeter on top).
To get to the front speakers you NEED to remove the door panel no way around. You cans see the speakers if you remove the grille but that’s about it.
To get to the rear ones you have to remove the rear seat (both the seat and the back rest) and then the rear shelf cover (you can keep the cover in there, just lift from the middle enough to put your hand underneath) – no can’t be done thro the trunk do not insist!
The HU audio output wires are:
F12 – LH Front Speaker (+)
F13 – LH Front Speaker (-)
E15 – RH Front Speaker (+)
E14 – RH Front Speaker (-)
E12 - LH Rear Speaker (+)
E13 - LH Rear Speaker (-)
F15 - RH Rear Speaker (+)
F14 - RH Rear Speaker (-)
The easiest way to access the audio signal is from the rear speakers (connector can be accessed from inside the trunk).
If you need low level (either volume control dependent or constant line level) you need to open the HU and tap into the audio processor (a TQFP32 chip TDA7342EQ2N made by ST Electronics). I can provide you the schematics if you can’t find-it on the Internet.

Hey N*Caddy, great stuff!:D Thanks for the information. I was hoping you would be the one to answer my questions. You seem very knowledgeable on this subject. How about one more question? Do you or anyone else have directions on taking off the front door panels?

N*Caddy
08-10-09, 07:46 PM
Hey N*Caddy, great stuff!:D Thanks for the information. I was hoping you would be the one to answer my questions. You seem very knowledgeable on this subject. How about one more question? Do you or anyone else have directions on taking off the front door panels?

I have posted the instructions several times, search for “door panel” or such…
1. Pry plastic trim around door handle (be careful it has 2 harnesses attached)
2. Push the window switches module forward and lift the rear edge (use a knife of plastic flat tool). No need to disconnect harnesses can be pushed down to the door panel hole.
3. In the bottom-rear corner of the door handle (deep) locate a Philips screw and remove
4. In the bottom rear of the door panel (in the pocket) is a similar Philips screw (normally pops with the plastic fitting along with the panel (I never remove-it)
5. Top-Front triangular black mirror trim is held with a plastic clip in the central-upper side. Pry it out grabbing from trim from the tip.
6. Now the door panel is free you need to LIFT about one inch then pull away. VERY IMPORTANT LIFT FIRST then pull or else you break the hooks. Again LIFT first!
7. Reverse steps to assemble back.

CadillacSTS42005
08-12-09, 08:24 AM
def no amp for the non-bose system
N* listed the correct wire colors
another way to always test is to connect a 9 volt battey to the speaker once removed to the speaker terminals

if you connect the + to the + on the speaker then the speaker will push up, if you mixed them up the speaker will suck down

then its just a matter of determining which wire came off of which terminal and your set

midnightrider
08-12-09, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone for your help.