: Question for Jesse about the manuals and a boost actuator

haterinc
08-03-09, 01:04 PM
We all know the autos don't lose boost between shifts and you can power shift the manuals to retain this boost as well. My question is why couldn't you put a 1 second actuator on the boost blow off valve that will hold the boost in that <1 second between shifts? The concept would be pretty simple as it would really only need to be tied into the clutch and brake. Are there any engine issues I'm not thinking of? Again, I came from a turbo world where a Blow Off Valve was used to keep the wheels in the turbo housing moving. Opposite here but curious if that 1 second would be harmful. We're talking about an extra 266 turns for the average V owner in the sc housing...

wait4me
08-03-09, 01:40 PM
Just press a .022 nitrous jet into the v Valve on the boost valve. It will do what you are asking but still come back down and work normally when not in boost.

wait4me
08-03-09, 01:45 PM
Another thing to note is, That the supercharger dont care if it is making boost or not. It is just bypassing the valve to allow for less heat build up. At wot, that isnt a big deal, as the boost is being used. You can run a supercharger with the bypass unplugged but it creates unwanted power loss while boost is not needed and is always heating up the incoming air for no reason....

Think of the old 8-71 and 6-71 blowers. They had no intercooler and had no boost bypass valve. "well besides the really big spring loaded safety one in the back when things get out of hand "BOOM""