: My 10 mm Spark Plug Wires!

dswanger
08-03-09, 11:57 AM
:thumbsup: Well here is so pic's of my 10 mm. Spark Plug wires. No engine wine! Great to look at, and matches the Vortec MAX Cover. Donald
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT043.jpg

dswanger
08-03-09, 11:58 AM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT044.jpg

ESCALADOR
08-03-09, 03:08 PM
Nice, where did you get them from? I am going to be doing a plug change here soon, and am looking at options.

What type intake do you have there?

sk7
08-03-09, 05:27 PM
Very niiiice!!! Also wondering where you got those from. I just replaced mine with cheapo brand wires, after measuring resistance on em they are all higher than the stock AC wires that were already there! Back to square one...

dswanger
08-03-09, 05:40 PM
Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors,Cadillac Escalade 2002 to 2006 10mm Spark Plug Wire Set I don't think I got this right, It's under Parts & acc. these are made very well and heavy. Donald

sillyboi
08-03-09, 06:38 PM
very nice.. How often do we need to replace spark plugs on these trucks?

dswanger
08-03-09, 08:25 PM
The best way is to check ohms resistance from end to end.The ones on my 06 have selves to protect the spark plug end from burning from the exhaust manifolds. Sometimes they look good but maybe causing a little misfire. My car has 26,000 miles on it, and if someone needs my Stock ones, pay shipping and I'll give them to you! Donald

luxurylife33
08-03-09, 09:23 PM
couldnt bring myself to pay $70 on wires... i went with the 8.5mm for $36.... my engine is bone stock until these goes in.

pcguy760
08-04-09, 06:04 AM
Ok, I know that these make a difference in my custom turbocharged car but what difference do they make in a stock Escalade besides inteference suppression?? Any other improvements?

hcvone
08-06-09, 01:15 PM
On a stock setup they don't make as much difference as the old days because the wires are much shorter with where the coils are located on the newer engines. I have done a ton of dyno testing on wires on my Z06's and almost no difference, but they do look great and will last longer than the stock ones, and they do flow better, but it's such a short distance. Wires will last different amount of time depending on if your truck is parked inside or out and how bad of weather you drive in, I usually replace mine after 3-5 years if I still have the car/truck :)

luxurylife33
08-06-09, 11:36 PM
My 8.5mm wires came in the mail today .... these also got rid of the engine whine! and they were $36 shipped on eBay. Also upgraded to the Bosch Platinum 2's, the plugs with 2 grounds on the end. Seems to be running really healthy! Pic for comparison to stock AC Delco's...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/luxurylife33/wire.jpg

Just for future reference to keep everything in one thread, those planning on changing their plugs shouldn't be afraid. You need a 8mm socket to take off the plastics. Then a 5/8's spark plug socket, universal socket, 3" extension and a 6" extension and it should be a breeze. I found the driver's side a little tougher. 30 mins to complete.... my first spark plug change on an Escalade.

dswanger
08-07-09, 05:43 PM
:welcome: Just to let you all know the 10 mm. are over KILL! I was going for the look that I Wanted. You need to test your wires first, or if you hear a wine they are bad and need to be replaced or it could be your alternator. If you have a hand held Predator you can look for misfire codes that could be the plug wires or coil. Also a rough idle could be plugs,wires and or coil. The other Pic also shows the differents in the 8.5mm. and 10mm. Bottom line is you get what you pay FOR! The question is do you realy need more, or want Heavy Duty or the Look? Donald
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT043.jpg

dswanger
08-07-09, 05:44 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT044.jpg

luxurylife33
08-07-09, 06:09 PM
I dont understand, are you saying the 8.5mm wires are no good? My idle is still perfect and sounds very healthy when I rev it.

ESCALADOR
08-08-09, 06:03 PM
I dont understand, are you saying the 8.5mm wires are no good? My idle is still perfect and sounds very healthy when I rev it.

From what I got out of the post is that he means the 10mm is over kill. He was going for the look. I am going to get the 8.5mm for my next change.

zerocarpileup
08-08-09, 06:15 PM
Hey, im wondering if those 10mm measured up to the originals? they look like a tight fit, and side by side they look a little shorter?

dswanger
08-08-09, 09:38 PM
Hey, I'm wondering if those 10mm measured up to the originals? they look like a tight fit, and side by side they look a little shorter?
:thumbsup: Yes! They fit as tight as the stock ones. The 10mm are a little long than stock because of there size. You don't want them moving around. I now have no little wine at all. You could tell when you were on the radio off station a little. It could have been the alternator as well. You can't compare the stock ones over the 10mm. You have to look at Both Wire Ends as to how Heavy Duty they are, and then compare them. The 8.5mm in the post have the stock ends on both ends. The 10mm have a stock coil end and the after market spark plug end that has a heavy duty silicone end to last long and take more heat without the Steel Sleeve that goes over it. Donald

luxurylife33
08-08-09, 10:35 PM
the stock metal sleeve fit fine over my 8.5mm wires, i wouldnt trust a wire that didn't have the protection. I think GM put it there for a reason. I'm sure the 10mm wires will be just fine, but a little added protection doesn't hurt.

dswanger
08-09-09, 12:24 PM
the stock metal sleeve fit fine over my 8.5mm wires, i wouldnt trust a wire that didn't have the protection. I think GM put it there for a reason. I'm sure the 10mm wires will be just fine, but a little added protection doesn't hurt.

Like I say in other posts the 10mm. are OVER KILL! The 7mm, 8.5mm, 10mm wires are all good! The Question is how are they made? The larger the Silicone the more protection you have, and then whats in the center for conductor? I Still USED the Sleeves as you can see in the post. At 25,000 miles I had a bad wire and things can go bad, it was a very little wine. For $70.00 I went with the ones that I thought would be the best for my car only. I like the Look under the hood with the larger wires I keep close detail to how things Look and work together as well. I just got this EXT and haven't even started tricking it out yet! Donald

GCOP
08-10-09, 03:34 AM
better to have more than you need....than to need more than you have.....looks good Donald!