: Rain gutter cover strips

AllWheelEric
08-02-09, 02:43 PM
I have a question about the strip of inch-wide body colored plastic that runs fore to aft along each side of the roof. I think it's a rain gutter cover.

The rear-most portion of mine is loose on both sides. One of them is loose enough that I can look under and it appears it's supposed to snap in place into a metal piece that sticks up. However, I can't get it to snap in, and can't lift it high enough to see how it works.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this part? No, I'm not under warranty, so if there's no fix-at-home advice, I'll probably just let it be. I think it's only a cosmetic problem (until/unless a carwash makes it worse).

Thanks.

next2pool
08-02-09, 08:09 PM
Those strips cover the laser welds joining the side frame to the roof panel. I'd just glue it down with some RTV

AllWheelEric
08-03-09, 11:00 PM
Those strips cover the laser welds joining the side frame to the roof panel. I'd just glue it down with some RTV

Seems like a seam cover, then eh? Thanks for the information.

next2pool
08-04-09, 01:40 PM
Yup--they are "decorative" or a cover as you say--you won't have any leaks or corrosion problems. You may want to glue them down so a car wash doesn't rip them off.