: my friend lock keys in trunk 90 fleetwood

coaster
08-02-09, 01:28 PM
the trunk switch does not workin the glovebox check all the fuse under dash on driver side is there any more fuses to check. can anybody tell me what number on the fuse box is for the trunk switch tried to get in the trunk threw the back seat but cant tring to save him some money.

sven914
08-02-09, 02:17 PM
Unfortunately, the ignition has to be on, to open the trunk with the glove box switch.

Angry Matt
08-02-09, 02:22 PM
Touch a hot 12v positive from the battery to the switch wire that runs to the trunk. Try to bypass the switch and jump it. I don't know if it will work, but I'd try it. You probably have to take the glove box out to get to the switch connector.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-02-09, 05:59 PM
The ignition has to be on for the glovebox button to work. As stated above, you can apply 12 volts from another source directly to the wire running to the trunk mechanism to pop it open. However, don't short it on anything by accident or you will have many more problems to worry about.

When you get your keys out, make some spares. This is a rookie mistake that could have easily been avoided by spending $1.50 to have keys made. I have three full sets of keys to both my cars (I keep a spare at each parent's house). I also have a spare of just the door key in my wallet in case I am away from home and lock the keys in the car.

DerMann
08-02-09, 07:32 PM
This exact thing happened to me in my 1995 FWB. I was at Autozone buying oil, and I go to put the oil in my trunk. I accidentally let go of the keys as I let go of the bags and I locked my keys in my trunk. Asked around at Autozone and they tried to open my door with one of those door look jimmy things, but they couldn't quite angle it.

Ended up calling a locksmith. He tried the same time, but eventually just unlocked it with a rod. The glovebox button wouldn't work either, so I just had him pick the lock on the trunk and bam I got my keys back.

If you have access to a lock picking set, you could do that. Otherwise, might have to call the professionals in.

gdorell
08-03-09, 04:17 PM
yeah i did this one morning in the winter. the only locksmith that would come out said he couldnt make it out there for 3 or 4 hours. i had just bought the car and didnt make keys yet. so i opened the glove box, used my pen to pop out the trunk release button and the lens cover to the pass door light. removed the spring from the pen and clipped it around one end of the light holders, then jumped the switch. worked great and only took less then a min to do....thank god. i think it was about 25 degrees out that morning.

coaster
08-04-09, 04:14 PM
thanks for advice what we did was went threw the back speakers he had aftermarket speakers took them out from the top got a flashlight and one of those magnet antenna things you pick up screws if you drop in engine andgot them out good thing my friend keeps a clean trunk made it easy. thanks again for the input.

1980coupe
08-06-09, 01:25 AM
same thing happen to me many years ago in my 80 FWB Coupe, keys left inside and just by chance I turn the ignition and it turned without the keys being inserted! So I open the glovebox and touched the two exposed wires (no Button) and trunk opened. Never happen again to this date even with my 2nd Coupe.

Maverick87
09-27-09, 05:25 PM
There are online locksmithing schools all over, the one I went to was less than $500 for the ENTIRE program. Buy your tools from cheaperthandirt.com and others, take the state exam (100 questions with a 65% to pass), and you're a certified locksmith.

DopeStar 156
09-28-09, 08:55 PM
yeah i did this one morning in the winter. the only locksmith that would come out said he couldnt make it out there for 3 or 4 hours. i had just bought the car and didnt make keys yet. so i opened the glove box, used my pen to pop out the trunk release button and the lens cover to the pass door light. removed the spring from the pen and clipped it around one end of the light holders, then jumped the switch. worked great and only took less then a min to do....thank god. i think it was about 25 degrees out that morning.

Wow, nice job McGyver. Haha....

Slacker
09-29-09, 09:56 AM
Touch a hot 12v positive from the battery to the switch wire that runs to the trunk. Try to bypass the switch and jump it. I don't know if it will work, but I'd try it. You probably have to take the glove box out to get to the switch connector.

This is what I did when I locked the keys in the trunk. Pulled the back seat out and ran a wire from the battery to the wire under the seat. Popped the trunk open fine.

...Now that my trunk's auto open no longer works anymore, and works like a regular trunk so I'm not sure what I'd do at this point if it happened again. (Stopped working later and unrelated to popping the trunk.) Luckily I have spare sets now. :)

sven914
09-29-09, 04:23 PM
...Now that my trunk's auto open no longer works anymore, and works like a regular trunk so I'm not sure what I'd do at this point if it happened again. (Stopped working later and unrelated to popping the trunk.) Luckily I have spare sets now. :)

Well if you get a trunk monkey security system, the trunk monkey can pop the trunk for you, with no wasted effort of having to get the spare key out of your pocket :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUBxgdKZ_Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUBxgdKZ_Y