: I guess I spoke too soon (some minor issues)

mbnv992
08-02-09, 01:07 AM
Good day all,
I guess I spoke too soon. In the last thread I posted (yesterday) that my car had 20,000 trouble free miles. Well, today I guess I should've knocked on wood lol. I go to start the car, and two messages flashed across the DIC. One was "Service Brake Assist" followed by "Service Stability SYS". Now, I looked in the manual, and they really didn't give in explanation what could be the problem besides the obvious (bring it to the dealer for service, resetting the system by turning the ignition off, and back on (which I did)). So, any idea what I'm up against? I'll be calling my dealer first thing Monday morning for an appointment on Wen. (the earliest I can get the car in). And yes, my car IS still under factory bumper to bumper warranty, and the car is a 2007 STS4 V8.
Sorry for the long post, but any light shed on this topic will be greatly appreciated ! Right now, I'm even afraid to take it for a spin for a few miles (or am I just being paranoid?

Thunder Gray STS
08-02-09, 02:18 AM
My mother's 98 did that. It was the EBTCM (Electronic Brake/Traction Control Module) that was geeking out. It corrected itself after 50 ignition cycles. The car is fine to drive, you just won't have anti lock brakes or traction control.

Greg00coupe
08-02-09, 12:01 PM
Might try to disconnect the battery and see if something resets..........

ddgm
08-02-09, 01:38 PM
If it's under warranty, don't reset it. Take it to the dealer and get it fixed!

Doug

Caroutisine
08-02-09, 03:09 PM
My 2005 did something simalar, except I was just driving it at a low speed through snow. I stopped, shut down and restarted it and it never did anything like this again. I had it for 2+ years and never saw any problem like this again. Could have been a fluke. If your warranty is good for some time, I guess I would save a trip to the dealer and just see if it happens again?

mbnv992
08-02-09, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the replies all !
Yes, the message pops up on the DIC everytime I start my car, so I'll definitely be bringing it to the dealer to have it looked at. I'll post a follow-up with the results on Wed. (when I get back from the stealership).