: Software. System Software.

EChas3
08-01-09, 08:01 PM
Who knows the STS System Software?

I'm really interested in this area. If one could get into the STS' Systems' Software, you could reprogram features to do what you like. Of course, it would kill your warranty. (But they could always reload the OEM configuration.)

But I'm sure it's not everything answering to a single unit, each sub-system is probably just doing it's own thing, unless... Triggered! Having access to transmission shift-points and coasting, etc. is one thing, Integrating Nav, Stereo, Headlights, doors, too, that would be cool.

And it's not a new and unkown issue. It was a big problem on the 2001 Aurora's where I first ran into it. Seems like it is only a software fix.

K STS
08-02-09, 01:35 AM
Dont even attempt unless you have a very late model 06 on forward.

Dougs06sts
08-02-09, 03:00 AM
Who knows the STS System Software?

I'm really interested in this area. If one could get into the STS' Systems' Software, you could reprogram features to do what you like. Of course, it would kill your warranty. (But they could always reload the OEM configuration.)

But I'm sure it's not everything answering to a single unit, each sub-system is probably just doing it's own thing, unless... Triggered! Having access to transmission shift-points and coasting, etc. is one thing, Integrating Nav, Stereo, Headlights, doors, too, that would be cool.

If you're really serious about this, send me a message outside the threadposts and I'll try to put you in touch with one of the newly unemployed GM software developers.