: STS NAV Disc/Manual

jwlund
08-01-09, 09:29 AM
I just bought an 05 STS and need a NAV disc and an owners manual. Any ideas? Hopefully I can just download the manual, but does anybody have a NAV disc (latest version, preferred)?

notso1951
08-01-09, 01:52 PM
There is an 800 number to call cadillac and request a new nav. disk. If you tell them your the original owner(which they don't check), they will give you a one time free nav disk($199.00 value).

BaTu
08-01-09, 02:05 PM
There is an 800 number to call cadillac and request a new nav. disk. If you tell them your the original owner(which they don't check), they will give you a one time free nav disk($199.00 value).

Good Luck with That ! ;)

trackbait
08-01-09, 02:32 PM

That just isn't going to happen. I tried everyway there was and they held their guns at $199 for a Nav disc. They DID say that if you bought from a dealer, they can file a warranty claim and get you one, but even that failed in my attempts. And I am a very persisent on things like that....was just barking up a tree.

Get on on the famous auction site, (make sure it's the right one), or you 'may' find some generosity on the forum here who will burn a copy for you. Then again, don't count on that either.

Good Luck on this endeavor.

OlManRivah
08-01-09, 09:37 PM
I picked up the v4 version on Ebay for $69.99 shipped. :worship:

widmann@hotmail.com
08-02-09, 09:39 AM
GO to

https://www.gmnavdisc.com/ put in your serial number and it will give you the disk disc listed with your car and the latest disk available.. currently #25976806 is the latest avilable for the STS but a new one should be coming out in september. From this site or the dealer a 2 disk set will run 199..

You can purchase these on ebay most one include a single disk east or west and the price can range from 99-139 for a single disk.. sometimes you'll see 2 disk sets go for around 150.

Some board members have older disks you may be able to pick up for less..

trackbait
08-03-09, 06:44 PM
From this site or the dealer a 2 disk set will run 199..

You can purchase these on ebay most one include a single disk east or west and the price can range from 99-139 for a single disk.. sometimes you'll see 2 disk sets go for around 150.

Some board members have older disks you may be able to pick up for less..

Tell us something we didn't already know. I got to tell ya folks... I've been on a lot of car forums, mostly on the Corvette site. Had I put a request out as the OP did, people would be falling over each other getting him a disc to use for NO CHARGE. Here... It's - This is where you can get stuff and this is how much you can PAY. Total BS.

AND.... IF I did have a dual/layer burner I would not hesitate to send him a copy.

Pathetic here...truly pathetic.

BTW - There is the link to manuals PICK YOUR YEAR (the Nav's are all the same) (http://www.c5dreamer.com/sts)

EChas3
08-03-09, 10:59 PM
Pathetic here...truly pathetic.[/URL]

Trackbait - Yes, it's pathetic. Tell me why you think it's right to steal. Anyone that can afford one of these cars can afford a disk.

Koz has the right idea. Members should provide hand-me-downs.

easande
08-03-09, 11:43 PM
I have several copies of 05 sts Nav disks. I made copies when I had a 05. They are from that period, but may work until you can get something else. Let me know if you are interested. The price is right.

widmann@hotmail.com
08-10-09, 07:44 PM
OK, this is a controversial topic but i'll tell you my story.. After reading many thoughts on the board about bootleg copies, I decided to go ahead and purchase the disk.. This is important to me because, my version 2 disk doesn't show my house or my 5-year-old development.. So, I get my new version 5 disk in today and guess what? The version 5 disk doesn't show my 5-year-old development either.. Looks like I'm still traveling with my Garmin Nuvi' which, by the way, came out of the box with my street listed..

EChas3
08-10-09, 10:50 PM
OK, this is a controversial topic but i'll tell you my story.. After reading many thoughts on the board about bootleg copies, I decided to go ahead and purchase the disk.. This is important to me because, my version 2 disk doesn't show my house or my 5-year-old development.. So, I get my new version 5 disk in today and guess what? The version 5 disk doesn't show my 5-year-old development either.. Looks like I'm still traveling with my Garmin Nuvi' which, by the way, came out of the box with my street listed..

If you report the new information to GMNavDisk.com now, your neighborhood may make it to the 2013 generation disks (by which time the disks will be obsolete.)

MacMuse
08-11-09, 01:09 AM
... I decided to go ahead and purchase the disk.. ... The version 5 disk doesn't show my 5-year-old development either.

With that fresh $200 receipt in hand, have you contacted them about the lack of relevant data? Try for a refund?

Simply a horrible product AT THAT PRICE. But I believe other car brands have the same situation. They definitely offer yearly updates at the same ridiculous price. I know I could a yearly update for my TomTom for less than $90 a year.

The integration with the car is the only reason I keep using it and even consider upgrading the disc, and I actually refer to my iPhone (Google) maps first unless I really need turn by turn in a new area.

trackbait
08-11-09, 01:31 PM
Makes you feel "violated" doesn't it! Government Motors has no clue how to interact with their customer base.

Another gleaming example of the "pride of the Flagship Caddillac" HAHA.,..

EChas3
08-11-09, 01:48 PM
Makes you feel "violated" doesn't it! Government Motors has no clue how to interact with their customer base.

Would anyone expect the new GM to be more responsive? Name the things that government does well.

OlManRivah
08-11-09, 04:24 PM
This Nav unit is OK in the city, but for country roads it's pitiful. I'm going down a major road in Eastern Virginia and at every intersection of a side road the Nav unit was telling me left turn or right turn and I'm still on the Main highway going straight.

Obsolete maps and clunky software. Why in the world would GM tolerate this outfit.....:alchi:

widmann@hotmail.com
08-11-09, 08:55 PM
I agree, but this isn't limited to GM, everyone I have talked to with an indash Nav unit has a similar experiance.. I was in a 353 xi today using the nav unit while driving down the road with full functionality but the owner loves his 3 year old Magellian (SP) unit better than the beamers.. Yeah, hard to suck up the $200 bucks and still be disappointed..

cad08stsv
08-14-09, 01:02 AM
A few years ago I bought a 03 STS that DID NOT have a nav in it. I called Cadillac and asked if they would install one for me ......NO.......was there answer, the reason is if it didn't come with the car than you were out of luck.
I then looked over the factory service manual and it showed the entire set up. The head unit I could buy from ebay auto parts reseller. That was the easy part. I thought all the parts would come with it ......NO ......
So back to Cadillac, asked if I had this equipment in the can how much would it cost to replace (Wiring harness, Digial radio receiver <XM> and everything I would need to install this equipment? $3500. but they would not sell it to me
because my vin number would not match. I did a search of wreaking yards and came up with a guy in Ohio that would sell me everything if I would come out and remove it from the car in Feburary ....Right.... So I went out and
purchased an Alpine W200 head unit, and xm receiver, and a Nav NVE 872 and had it installled Right around the same cost as the Cadillac unit would have cost. The surroundsound was unbelievable, more empressive was the Nav unit.
I am thinking of replacing my entire audio video Nav syetem in my STSV with another Alpine unit. I really don't use the Onstar and I would have to do some fiberglass work to mke it look Good but the Nav unit is so far above the
Cadillac system It is certinly worth considering. If done right you would never really know the switch to Alpine, except of course the STSV people. I will say once you see it in action it will change your outlook on Nav unit forever.
Research is the key to doing it right.