: DRL's

JORB
07-31-09, 08:49 PM
As a three month owner 2006 sts w/HUD's, how do I get the DRL to come on?
I always see other CTS and STS with the yellow light on. On mine the light on dashboard comes on during daylight but it is the headlights that are on.
I turn the switch to off since I don't want them on all day. Is there something in personalizing that will allow them to be on?
Once in a while the DRL's are on reflecting from trunk in front but most of the time its just headlights with light switch on dash on.

ajmasala
07-31-09, 09:07 PM
I will hazard a guess - I think your automatic wipers are turned on. When the wiper stalk is set to "auto" the headlights will come on all the time - regardless of whether the wipers are actually running or not. And when the headlights are on, the DRLs (yellow lights) turn off.
Try turning your automatic wipers off and see if that helps.

next2pool
07-31-09, 09:09 PM
As a three month owner 2006 sts w/HUD's, how do I get the DRL to come on?
I always see other CTS and STS with the yellow light on. On mine the light on dashboard comes on during daylight but it is the headlights that are on.
I turn the switch to off since I don't want them on all day. Is there something in personalizing that will allow them to be on?
Once in a while the DRL's are on reflecting from trunk in front but most of the time its just headlights with light switch on dash on.

I suspect your rainsense wipers are set on automatic rather than off. The headlights come on when the wipers are set to on or auto. This has caused many owners a lot of confusion (me included).

EChas3
07-31-09, 10:09 PM
It really would have been a nice design decision to key the headlights to active wiper action rather than standby. The Intellibeam & foglights interact nicely.

next2pool
07-31-09, 11:06 PM
And it's not a new and unkown issue. It was a big problem o the 2001 Aurora's where I first ran into it. Seems like it is only a software fix.

JORB
08-03-09, 05:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied, it was indeed the auto wipers switch that I left in the on position. I turned it off and DRL's came on.
By the way don't leave that wiper switch on when using automatic car wash or the brush will desroy your blades.
Thanks again.