: Changing front bulbs

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
07-30-09, 12:17 PM
My front turn signal went out and the little light by the headlight went out. Does anyone know the part number for these lights are? and do i have to take my whole bumper off or is there an easier way to do it?

MacMuse
07-30-09, 12:52 PM
Do you mean the little daytime running light inside the headlight case or the marker on the side of the car? Not to frighten you, but I just had the dealer change the DRL bulb and had a great time (NOT) with the deal... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/175479-change-bulb-scratched-paint.html

Wash the car & take before & after pictures if you have the dealer do it. Certainly they should be able to do the work without issue, but just in case...

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
07-30-09, 01:11 PM
The little light in the corner of the headlight and the turn signal under the headlight

STE_6000
07-30-09, 02:23 PM
that is a parking light, not a turn signal, and its a 192/194 bulb, also referred to and the small wedge bulb. to get to it, u need to remove ur bumper and then the headlights. so u might want to change them all out so you wont have to do it for another bulb later. I did led wedges in my headlights to make it longer lasting.

K STS
07-30-09, 03:21 PM
STE, u got pictures?

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
07-30-09, 03:48 PM
where can i get LED wedges?

STE_6000
07-30-09, 03:57 PM
i dont have step by step pictures of how to remove the bumper and all, but I got my LEDs from ebay. i got piaa brand ones, but anyone that sticks to standard size and shape should work fine. piaa is just a popular brand name that i known for a while.

K STS
07-30-09, 08:06 PM
i just wanted to see pictures of the LEDs inside the light.

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
07-30-09, 09:17 PM
What about the front turn signal bulb? Do I need to take off the bumper for that too?

STE_6000
07-31-09, 03:29 PM
I'll try to post pictures up of it K-STS.

Far as the turn signals, which are in the same housing as the fog lamps, you can take the mud covers off the bumper at the bottom and reach your hand up to hold them as you unscrew them from the bumper around the front. if you have to much trouble then you'll have to take the bumper off. I had the bumper off when I upgraded my headlight and fog lights so I dont know the true difficulty of it without removing the bumper.

K STS
07-31-09, 04:07 PM
I want to put LEDs in the front turn signals so long as they look good in the housing: I like it very bright orange. also, I dont want my turn signals to go crazy. any suggestions?

Thanks for getting me pictures STE_6000. I really appreciate it.

rb92gt
07-31-09, 08:25 PM
Search posts by me on here. You CAN do it yourself without removing the bumper. The driver side is easy. The passenger side a little more difficult because of a bolt/nut deep in the fuse box that needs to come off in order to free up the fuse box and slightly move it out of your way. As for the turn signals, remove front wheels and plastic liners and they are very easy to get to, as well as the fogs.