: Just bought! 02 Cadillac Escalade

Angelico90000
07-30-09, 09:48 AM
Hello ALL,

Ive been looking at getting an Escalade for a long time now.... just waiting for the right deal to come along. Last night I just picked up my 02 AWD!

Its Black on Grey, with 55k miles. VERY clean and looks like its very well kept.

I was wondering whats the first few things people do with them as far as mods, or upgrades? Can anyone suggest anything?

I was looking to improve the gas mileage if possible, and then just start working on the look :)

Thanks! Ill post some pics soon.

zerocarpileup
07-30-09, 09:56 AM
Congrats! Well aside from mods, i would recommend you change the fluids in the differentials and you might want to clean your throttle body for starters.....

Silver04
07-30-09, 11:44 AM
Tint, wheels, debadging...those are typically my first 3 on any vehicle I acquire. this is beside going over the mechanics of it with a fine tooth comb. Very very good advice from zerocarpileup. Transfer case as well.

sk7
07-30-09, 11:52 AM
+ 2 on the rear diff fluid change and transfer case. Cheap insurance since your truck got low miles. Consider yourself lucky with the 2WD fuel efficiency must be a lot better than the AWD model! :crying2: I have yet to see a 2WD model in Canada. Any issues with auto level suspension? I cleaned the TBI on my 02 this morning, wasnt that dirty but it sure improved idle. My first mod on my truck was Corsa 14220. Then Audiovox rear flip down DVD player for the kids. I'll leave it at that for now.

CEPMAN
07-31-09, 10:14 PM
In any car I get, my first mod is always the stereo, then the speakers. But it's all a matter of personal taste. What is the best upgrade or most important factor of the vehicle to you? To me, it's the sound system.

Congrats on the vehicle purchase!

I also for the first couple weeks or so right around with the radio off listening for any strange noises, and feeling for any irregularities in the ride.

shore
08-01-09, 01:56 PM
Do you guys even read the post...it's an AWD...lololol.

How much did ya give for her?

sk7
08-01-09, 04:41 PM
You're right! Heck I'm sure I saw 5.3 2WD in there sumwhere... :bonkers: Guess those garage fumes WERE somewhat harmfull! Drop everything and change that front diff oil!!

Angelico90000
08-01-09, 06:24 PM
I scooped her up for $14,000.

I think it was a really good deal, condition is VERY VERY clean and drive great with no issues. Just got it back today, I had new brakes and rotors put on.

Any clue what all the fluids you guys suggest are going to run me?

sk7
08-01-09, 06:53 PM
Depends which kind of oil you are gonna use. I bought cheapest synthetic lube I could find for front and rear diff, knowing I'm going to replace it again in the fall (the back plates on the rear axle are shot, will have to remove the axles for that one so out the oil goes). I will be replacing with Amsoil severe duty gear oil next time around. Check out pic of my front diff drain plug in the sticky. Can't wait to see if there's more metal shavings upon next oil change. Front diff needs about 2 quarts, 3 for the rear, less than 4 quarts ATF for the transfer case. I still have the tranny do to, waiting to find the right filter to stick in there (apparently theres 2 models depending on pan depth?). Its a good $100 invesment, especially since your truck has low miles, don't wait! And a very easy job to do (once you manage to remove that darn fill plug on the rear diff! Mine was rust welded in there, broke my adaptor trying to remove it... 30 minute job turned into 3 hrs lol) :helpless: