: 3 Months Ownership, 1st Problem...

Tony407
07-30-09, 02:49 AM
Pulled the car into the parking lot at work today and parked it. Before I shut the engine off I got a warning chime and now the Service Brake Assist, Service Traction Control, and Service Stabilitrak messages are displaying, along with the ABS and traction control lights. Re-started several times, drove it home tonight and still the same issues.

I really, really, REALLY hope this is an isolated incident. This was the sort of thing that started on my last car, which ultimately lead to it being purchased back as a lemon.

Tony

jwa999
07-30-09, 02:55 AM
Pulled the car into the parking lot at work today and parked it. Before I shut the engine off I got a warning chime and now the Service Brake Assist, Service Traction Control, and Service Stabilitrak messages are displaying, along with the ABS and traction control lights. Re-started several times, drove it home tonight and still the same issues.

I really, really, REALLY hope this is an isolated incident. This was the sort of thing that started on my last car, which ultimately lead to it being purchased back as a lemon.

Tony

Sounds like a ABS pump problem. All those systems depend on the ABS to work.

I had that problem on the porsche. And I could tell the ABS was not working at times.
It was out of warranty, so i finally broke down and had it repaired. $3000 later....

As long as the problem persists, it shouln't be to hard to find.

Hans.

cts_serenity
07-30-09, 01:00 PM
So sorry to hear about your experience! I can imagine how you feel. I hope the problem is nothing but a minor glitch - do let us know how it pans out with the dealer!

CadV
07-30-09, 01:07 PM
I got the same problem so gonna have to take my car in.

Tony407
07-30-09, 06:47 PM
I got the same problem so gonna have to take my car in.

Good luck with yours. I have my back seat and trunk liner removed right now because I'm installing a sub. I am reluctant to take the car in like this because I don't want them telling me I somehow did something inadvertently! I don't see any reason to stop driving the car right now other than the fact that I probably don't have traction control or ABS now. No big deal to me, other than having to drive around with all these warning messages and lights!

Tony