: Recaro seats

VetteOwner
07-30-09, 12:32 AM
Hopefully my first post here won't violate the rules (which I did read for a change) but I noticed a used set of black Recaro seats from a '09 CTS-V were being offered for sale at a popular auction site...JFYI

allklr
07-30-09, 10:49 AM
LOL I'm watching them now, Does anyone know if these can be installed easily and have the cooled seats work? I noticed they have the back seats also. Aren't the back seats the same in both??

GM-4-LIFE
07-30-09, 11:58 AM
That's a lot of cash to dump with no guarantees it will work on a non-Recaro equipped CTS-V.

I think the Recaro's need different wiring for the heated/cooled feature to work and you also need new buttons to purchase for the driver and passenger side in order to activate the cooling option.

SG

radix
07-30-09, 12:22 PM
Probably someone parting out a wreck - it might be useful to contact the poster if there were any other parts wanted ?

rjoffe
07-30-09, 01:05 PM
I also saw a set up uprights/rotors/calipers from the same place.

Florian
07-30-09, 02:38 PM
If I recall there was another thread discussing the swap a few months back and the conclusion was that you needed new wiring harnesses to install as they have more features, as well as more buttons on your panel to activate those features....it was a PITA to do.

F

wahala
07-31-09, 10:46 AM
The same site has a LSA pulled from a V2. Looks like they are parting out a wreck.

commander112
07-31-09, 01:52 PM
Actually, I was the one that started the thread asking how easy the swap was. There was nobody that actually knew what the process entailed. I mean when you look around a car there are plenty of loose plugs where options simply need to be plugged in (ie the connection for the Racaro's) but nobody knew for sure what the deal is with this type of swap.

trans78
08-25-09, 09:45 PM
well i was the one that bought these seats, and they bolted right into my cts with no problems and everything plugged right in. fyi

Caroutisine
08-25-09, 09:59 PM
Excellent! Did you add the button for the cooling feature?

commander112
08-25-09, 10:01 PM
Hey there. Thanks for posting. I contacted the seller as I also bid on the seats. I was told by GM engineering that the wiring harnesses we different, there was a flash, and that obviously the cooling switch needed to be added. Do you have full functionality of the seats?

Jpjr
08-25-09, 10:05 PM
I had a moment of clarity today. I realizd that paying 3k for special seats new is fu money. There is simply no way that cost will ever justify the look or function of the recaros over stock. Some rags even prefer stock. Like I said, fu money (but nice to have the option).

Caroutisine
08-25-09, 10:16 PM
The nav on my 2005 never paid for itself or added much at resale either. Now the 2010 V's have nav standard, maybe the seats will be next? BTW, I really like my standard seats :)