: Shed a Tear

Angry Matt
07-29-09, 09:00 PM
I was in the u-pull it yard the other day and came across my favorite year/model cadillac, what a shame. 1980 fleetwood brougham d'elegance coupe with a moonroof. White with white leather and red carpet.The 80's rwd cars were always my favorite, and to me this is the crown jewel (with the exception of the color). I know a lot of you guys dislike the chrome accessories, but this had landau bars and a classic grill. IMO Les Dunham has great taste so I love to see this stuff. The car was about 90% complete and I got probably the only usable part off of it, a reverse light lens. I had to share this story because it bothers the hell out of me that someone let something this special rot away to a pile of crap.

jayoldschool
07-29-09, 09:46 PM
I'll take the moonroof and the headliner! Want to get it for me?

sven914
07-29-09, 09:52 PM
I was at my local junkyard one day, and some douche bag drove up in a 76 Fleetwood Talisman. He left because they wouldn't give him enough money for it; $500 I think is what he wanted.

They have a silver 67 Coupe De Ville in the back of the yard. From I can tell, there was nothing wrong with it (minimal body rot, no cosmetic damage, and the engine is still there and mostly in one piece). It's in the middle of a brier patch, which has kept the scavengers away. It has been in the yard long enough for an oak tree to growth trough it.

Angry Matt
07-29-09, 10:08 PM
A Talisman is on the top of my list of things to get before I die. Along with a sailboat and to see gwar in concert, but I've already seen them more times then I can count and met them so I guess I can cross that off, but a Talisman I might kill for.

The moonroof was actually aftermarket according to my buddy who worked a dealership for many years. I know I left that out, sounds better that way. Still..

I don't know how to copy quotes, anybody help?

CADDYDADDY13
07-29-09, 11:23 PM
I was in the u-pull it yard the other day and came across my favorite year/model cadillac, what a shame. 1980 fleetwood brougham d'elegance coupe with a moonroof. White with white leather and red carpet.The 80's rwd cars were always my favorite, and to me this is the crown jewel (with the exception of the color). I know a lot of you guys dislike the chrome accessories, but this had landau bars and a classic grill. IMO Les Dunham has great taste so I love to see this stuff. The car was about 90% complete and I got probably the only usable part off of it, a reverse light lens. I had to share this story because it bothers the hell out of me that someone let something this special rot away to a pile of crap.

I'll take the landau bars!!! I love them!!!

CTSV OWNER
07-29-09, 11:25 PM
Les Dunham..... one of my co workers knew him very well. Les needed help diagnosing a problem so my friend introduced me to Les. I went to his shop in Boonton and Les gave me a tour. In the showroom was the Scorpion he had done way back in the day. Les also had what he said was the last Stutz produced. It was based on a Camaro chassis and had some crazy conversion done to it. http://www.madle.org/ebclista.htm
As Les took me thru his shop there were many different project cars and the Corvette he used as a buck to design his modifications on.

If you have a chance here is a link a web site created for him. http://www.madle.org/edunham.htm

I drove past his shop in Boonton and much to my surprise the whole area was empty and cleaned up. I don't have any idea what happened.

I live in Northern NJ and the owner of the car in the link below takes it to local shows.

http://www.madle.org/ecorvorado.htm

CTSV OWNER
07-29-09, 11:38 PM
Hey I just had to highjack your thread but face it he made some cool cars and you mentioned him first. Yea I kind of got excited when you mentioned his name.

Les and his Scorpion http://www.retrocycle.com/images/Dunham/scorpion1_600.jpg

http://www.retrocycle.com/DunhamCoach.php

Bro-Ham
07-29-09, 11:43 PM
1976 Fleetwood Brougham came available new from the factory with both power astroroof (glass) and power sunroof (metal). The 1976 Cadillac brochure says astroroof and sunroof are available all models except Eldorado Convertible and Fleetwood Limousine. There is (or at least was when I saw it about 7 years ago) a 1976 Fleetwood Talisman at a junk yard in central Minnesota and it not only had the factory sunroof but also the air cushion restraint system (dual airbags). The factory power moonroof switch is combined as a 3-way switch with the rear defogger and the power antenna switch. I removed the moonroof/defog/antenna switch from that very unique car and sold it on eBay finally about a year ago.

jayoldschool
07-29-09, 11:53 PM
I don't know how to copy quotes, anybody help?

You mean like this? Highlight the text you want to quote, then CTRL C. Reply to the message, and click on the "quote" button (on the right of the little icons above where you type). Then, CTRL V to paste (it will automatically go in between the quotes on this site).

If you are back at that yard, take pics of the moonroof for me. Outside, inside, and the switch. If it is factory, I would like it! Did the switch look like this (if so, it is very likely a factory Astroroof):

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z33/skull562/Cadi%20moon%20roof%20map%20light/IMG_4885.jpg

Aron9000
07-30-09, 01:15 AM
You mean like this? Highlight the text you want to quote, then CTRL C. Reply to the message, and click on the "quote" button (on the right of the little icons above where you type). Then, CTRL V to paste (it will automatically go in between the quotes on this site).

If you are back at that yard, take pics of the moonroof for me. Outside, inside, and the switch. If it is factory, I would like it! Did the switch look like this (if so, it is very likely a factory Astroroof):

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z33/skull562/Cadi%20moon%20roof%20map%20light/IMG_4885.jpg

That's what the switch looks like on my 1991 with a factory roof. Amazingly, after all these years it doesn't leak either.

DopeStar 156
07-30-09, 10:33 PM
1976 Fleetwood Brougham came available new from the factory with both power astroroof (glass) and power sunroof (metal). The 1976 Cadillac brochure says astroroof and sunroof are available all models except Eldorado Convertible and Fleetwood Limousine. There is (or at least was when I saw it about 7 years ago) a 1976 Fleetwood Talisman at a junk yard in central Minnesota and it not only had the factory sunroof but also the air cushion restraint system (dual airbags). The factory power moonroof switch is combined as a 3-way switch with the rear defogger and the power antenna switch. I removed the moonroof/defog/antenna switch from that very unique car and sold it on eBay finally about a year ago.

My DeVille has the Astroroof and has that same switch panel you talked about. I prolly bid on yours as an extra.....

bicentennialcadillac
07-30-09, 11:06 PM
My DeVille has the Astroroof and has that same switch panel you talked about. I prolly bid on yours as an extra.....

That car is nicely optioned. Doesn't it also have the factory security system?

DopeStar 156
07-30-09, 11:52 PM
That car is nicely optioned. Doesn't it also have the factory security system?

Yep. That and the fuel economy tell-tales.....

Cadillac Giovanni
07-31-09, 02:02 AM
I know a junkyard that has a beautiful 89 Brougham that an elderly man dropped off simply because he didn't want to drive anymore.

At least it WAS mint until they stacked a Buick Regal on top of it.

Lazarus_Rooney
07-31-09, 09:32 AM
astroroof and sunroof are available all models except Eldorado Convertible

You mean I cant have a convertible with a sunroof? :tard:

jayoldschool
07-31-09, 10:43 AM
You mean I cant have a convertible with a sunroof?

Sure, all you need is a sharp knife :D

Stingroo
07-31-09, 06:18 PM
That would be a tad redundant. :P But a sharp knife oughta do it. lol

Angry Matt
07-31-09, 06:34 PM
I'll see if I can get back up there. I was going to take pics, but after the walk around the place in the humidity and my heavy ass tool box, it was too much to backtrack. It's about an hour and a half each way and the place is slightly overpriced so I don't make many trips up. I called my buddy and he's sure that it's not factory and trust me, if the landau bars were still on the car, they'd be on my coupe right now.

You mean like this?
Yes like that, if it worked. Thanks.

CTSV OWNER
08-01-09, 11:25 AM
Would that be one of Harrys U pull it yards or EZ pull in Tamaqua? I visit those yards on occasion. But I don't drive the caddy there.

http://www.wegotused.com/

Stingroo
08-01-09, 05:02 PM
Wow. Another sad depressing Cadillac story.

I'm watching monster jam at my house right now in the living room, and I'm on my laptop writing an article for work, and I look up, and at the top of the tall stack CLEARLY sits an all spray painted green 93-96 Fleetwood.

:( Makes me want to cry almost. lol

Angry Matt
08-01-09, 07:34 PM
Would that be one of Harrys U pull it yards or EZ pull in Tamaqua?
It sure would be. EZ is my favorite, but Harry's is OK once in a while. Little pricey. EZ pull jacked up the prices to pay for that stupid conveyer belt and the new outdoor dining area I think. They ought to be chopping up all those damn cats for burger patties to save money. You know any other yards in the area other than A to Z? I'm always looking.

CTSV OWNER
08-01-09, 10:22 PM
Matt those are the only ones I know of. If you look in the parking lot you see NY and NJ plates in the Hazelton location.
You sound just like me, I'll drive a hour and a half just to walk around and hope to find some good crap. After a few trips back and forth. I decided it was easier to just drive up to New Hampshire and meet our own thefleetwoodguy in person and get what I needed from him. He had what I wanted for the right price. If I had just gone to see him first I would have driven less.

Dave

sven914
08-02-09, 07:10 PM
Wow. Another sad depressing Cadillac story.

I'm watching monster jam at my house right now in the living room, and I'm on my laptop writing an article for work, and I look up, and at the top of the tall stack CLEARLY sits an all spray painted green 93-96 Fleetwood.

:( Makes me want to cry almost. lol

Yeah I just watched that one (was that an '80's RWD buried at the bottom of the stack).

A few weeks a go, there was a Fleetwood Brougham Coupe, painted yellow and used as a wheelie bump. Before they started, the only damage I noticed was that the trunk lid was off it's hinges; I stopped and deleted the recording as soon as I realized it was the Brougham Coupe, and not a Coupe De Ville.

Stingroo
08-03-09, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure Sven. lol I just noticed the Fleetwood because they had it in the highlights. lol

I love Monster Jam though, lmao

sven914
08-04-09, 12:57 AM
I do to. I usually only watch the freestyle's though (NASCAR is boring enough, I don't need to waste an hour watching monster trucks drag race, with no destruction), and I try to identify the crush cars, and count the Cadillacs. It was just that it was a Fleetwood Brougham Coupe (not a dime a dozen Coupe De Ville) that made me turn off the event. In my book, destroying a Brougham Coupe, for public approval, is equivalent to them running down a vintage Mercedes, Corvette, or Ferrari, just because some moron realized it got horrible gas mileage, and decided to trade it to the government for $4500.