: Turbo v6 in a Coupe

Technochef
07-29-09, 07:31 PM
WOuld I be able to drop a buick turbo v6 into a coupe deville? car has a tired 4100 in it and needs something new.

i think the trans bellhousing is Bop pattern? buick olds pontiac Right?

or should i just take the motor trans and rear out of a buick and tuck it under the cadillac .

carnut
07-31-09, 07:35 PM
Yes it will bolt in. A Buick T Type used this engine on a Le Sabre I believe. But then you are going from a fuel injection system back to a carb system. Probably take longer to wire it properly than the install.

Aron9000
07-31-09, 07:53 PM
Yes it will bolt in. A Buick T Type used this engine on a Le Sabre I believe. But then you are going from a fuel injection system back to a carb system. Probably take longer to wire it properly than the install.

Those carbed turbo V6's were turds. He needs to make sure to drop in a turboed, intercooled, fuel injected motor out of a 1986-87 T-type Regal/Grand National.

It would definetly be a cool swap, but building a turbo Buick can be very pricey. They are great motors, but they need to be built right and tuned right. Its very easy to blow one up by not upgrading the fuel system, upping the boost, and running it way lean.

90Brougham350
08-01-09, 07:47 AM
Unless you've already got a Buick donor car, you might just want to consider finding a 350/700R4 to swap in. LT-1 would be very cool, but a little more work.

Brian