: 2003 Seville Radio does not work

pnewell
07-29-09, 06:07 PM
2003 Seville SLS w68K miles with standard audio system (non Bose with CD player in dash)

2 days ago the radio stopped working. Worked just fine on way in to work. Dead when I started the car up that afternoon. Here is what it does: Turn on Ignition and then I hit the power button on radio. Preset message comes on, radio station appears in display, and then after 3 seconds it disappears. Clock still works fine. Can load a CD and get it out. Just does not play. I assume the fuse is OK since it initially powers up. Can only repeat the messages if I turn car off then on again. Have not had any luck on seaching either the Seville or this Forum in finding this type of issue. I have also noticed the chimes no longer work for lights left on or key left in ignition. Related? Appreciate any help.

CadillacSTS42005
07-29-09, 06:36 PM
check amp fuse

pnewell
07-30-09, 06:22 PM
Thanks. Will do. I did find the older post on a 2000 Deville late last night on this topic but only when I did the search on Google. Internal site search engine never popped it up.

pnewell
07-30-09, 06:27 PM
Thanks. Will do. I did find the older post on a 2000 Deville late last night on this topic but only when I did the search on Google. Internal search engine never popped it up

pnewell
08-14-09, 05:01 PM
Here is an update for anyone else how has run into this issue.

The Amp fuse is a 25 amp fuse located in the fuse box under the back seat behind the driver. Cleanly identified in the Owner’s Manual. Back seat comes out very easily. Just pull up from the bottom and it comes out. Watch out for the heated seat connector on the passenger side. I just laid the seat down in the foot well. I pulled the Amp fuse and found it was not blown. I put it back in and turned on the radio and it worked fine. It has been working fine for 3 weeks. Have no idea what happened but before you run out and buy a new amp or radio, pull the fuse and reinstall and see if that works.

CadillacSTS42005
08-14-09, 05:45 PM
data class loss
you broke the connection and remade it
hence why i said check the fuse
glad all is well

mrny25
01-21-10, 04:28 PM
My 2003 deville did the same thing, I pulled the radio and have the proper voltage coming in, I can also put a cd in and take it out.. It has full power but doesn't power on with the switch... I will try that amp fuse trick, I also have a no amp data when I check the car for codes using the dashboard display.. I will post my results.

mrny25
01-21-10, 04:57 PM
So I just went out and cleared all my codes and then pulled the amp fuse out from under the seat and put it back in.. I then powered my radio on and it displayed a channel for about 2 seconds and then powered back off... I went back in and checked for codes and these 3 codes were set again on the dashboard display..... IPM B0429 Current..... IPC U1000 Current......and IRC U1000 Current and it also reads no amp data still... Everytime I pull the amp fuse and put it back in or if I pull the power from the back of stereo and reconnect the stereo works for about 3 seconds and then powers off...... Any ideas?

Locomotive Breath
12-13-10, 08:26 PM
This is my exact issue. Did anyone ever find a resolution?

Hairball
12-14-10, 12:21 PM
... I pulled the Amp fuse and found it was not blown. I put it back in and turned on the radio and it worked fine. It has been working fine for 3 weeks. Have no idea what happened but before you run out and buy a new amp or radio, pull the fuse and reinstall and see if that works.

This is quite common with lots of cars, any make or model. I've seen it a million times, even in many of my own cars. Something stops working so you pull the fuse and it's fine, so you put it back in and suddenly what didn't work starts working again! It's a mystery, but it's the first thing I do these days when something stops working. Pull fuse and put back in. More often then not, it solves the problem.

Of course there may be several more complex reasons something stops working, but this is the best place to start your troubleshooting. If something works "part way", it's NOT a fuse problem. Hence, if it doesn't work at all or power up, the fuse is a good place to start while you're scratching your head. :hmm:

longmere
12-09-11, 10:04 PM
My 2003 Deville does the same thing. I tried pulling the Amp fuse a number of times and got the radio to work a few seconds. I can reset it each time with the fuse, but can't keep the radio going. Can anyone five any additional suggestions?