: Traded the CTS

DBeaSST
07-29-09, 08:07 AM
I've been researching for about a year now. Looked at, sat in and test drove CTS and STS's. I was really on the fence and leaning towards the CTS Sport Wagon as I LOVE the look of that car. But they kept pushing back production and then the current incentives on the STS came up and sealed the deal.

Picked up my 09 STS 1SC from Moore Cadillac in Chantilly yesterday. 12 miles on the odometer and now over 112. :bouncy: Thunder Grey with Ebony interior. I love it so far, beautiful car! I ordered the 'smoked' tail and trunk LED's and will have the windows tinted soon. Maybe some wheels, haven't decided on that yet.

I think it's going to take me a month to figure out all the gadgets though. :hmm:

No pics yet, got home late last night and today it's raining but will post soon!

mbnv992
07-29-09, 12:13 PM
Nice, I look foward to some pictures ! Your gonna love the STS over the CTS. I test drove the new 2008 CTS about a year ago, but was WAY too small, and when I saw/test drove the STS, it was so much better !
Good luck with your new car !

Superjim
07-29-09, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on your new car. :cloud9:

Enjoy.

inurok
07-29-09, 11:33 PM
Congrats
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/inurok/2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg

ROF08STS
07-30-09, 01:36 PM
Way to go with the 1SC !! Mostly you hear about the 1SG is king, I got my 1SC about a year ago, dealer hardly ever gets one, perhaps rare, many plain 1SB's however. Great engine, well equipped with performance equipment, 18's -spoiler etc. Thunder Gray is about as good as it gets, I lile my blk/blk but high maintenance. Good luck with your '09 !!

EChas3
07-30-09, 03:43 PM
It's a great car, Have fun!

DBeaSST
07-30-09, 08:31 PM
Thanks everyone! I was looking for a V6 RWD Platinum edition but they are next to impossible to find. This was the closest thing. The only thing it doesn't have is the Performance Handling Package which I would have liked only because I like those wheels better.

I'm hoping the smoked lights look like I imagine they will. That along with tint and wheels of some sort and I'll leave her alone. Maybe. :D

And yes, pics. Sorry it's taken so long. Couldn't show you a dirty car!

http://www.prosise.name/images/cars/sts/09sts1.jpg

http://www.prosise.name/images/cars/sts/09sts2.jpg

http://www.prosise.name/images/cars/sts/09sts3.jpg

Just past 200 miles now. :cloud9:

Superjim
07-30-09, 11:32 PM
I really like the wheels that are on it.
They look good.

Jim

cobra671
07-31-09, 07:17 AM
She's a beaut!!!! Congrats on your purchase!

Lifer
07-31-09, 11:21 AM
I really like the wheels that are on it.
They look good.

Jim

Agree. I hate the old stock 17" wheels. These are really nice.:cool2:

DBeaSST
07-31-09, 01:22 PM
By no means do I hate these wheels I think they are nice. I've always been a sucker for chrome though and I'm just not crazy about these. I've ordered a set of 18" chrome wheels which will be in a couple weeks from now. I'll take after pics of course. :)

Greg00coupe
07-31-09, 01:27 PM
I've not driven the new CTS but the original models rode pretty poor and chincy to me. What was your opion of the ride on the new CTS vrs the STS? To me the STS has a luxury, soild ride.........

OlManRivah
07-31-09, 06:11 PM
:yup:Nice ride......If Moore's there is as good as in Richmond, you got a great Dealer too.

DBeaSST
08-01-09, 03:17 PM
Moore treated me very well when I bought my CTS pre-owned. I've been pleased so far with their sales people. I'd prefer to deal with my local Caddy dealer as they are 12 miles away, versus well over 50 for Moore but GM has removed that option from me unfortunately. :(

I've not driven the new CTS but the original models rode pretty poor and chincy to me. What was your opion of the ride on the new CTS vrs the STS? To me the STS has a luxury, soild ride.........

My first Caddy was a 95 Fleetwood so comparing it's ride to my second (04 CTS lux) isn't really an apples to apples comparison. However, I found the CTS to be firm and and slightly stiff but not harsh. Now I didn't have the Performance package (FE3) and doubt I would have liked it.

I drove a 1SC STS back in February and then an FE2 CTS a couple months ago. I found the ride to be similar but the STS does have a (very) slightly softer ride feel without being floaty. I do think the new CTS as well as STS ride more nicely than my 04 did.

Honestly, what pushed me to the STS over the CTS are the seats. I felt comfortable in the STS almost right away whereas in the CTS, I was adjusting the seat during the entire test drive. Though I understand they break in after a couple weeks, this just didn't impress me.

OlManRivah
08-01-09, 08:32 PM
I bought a '73 Caddy convertible a few years ago. I pestered Moore Cadillac all the time for parts for that thing. Their Parts department treated me like it was a new car that I'd bought from them. Great folks.....;)