: sunroof

CADYSHAK
07-28-09, 10:46 PM
Sunroof is creaking , will greasing the rubbers help ? Or will I have to give it to the dealer ? What will the dealer do to the roof panels that I can't do ?
Thanks in advance -CADYSHAK

Gary Wells
07-28-09, 10:56 PM
CADYSHAK:
You might want to check out this thread. I believe that there were at least 2, maybe 3 peeps that are using a particular brand and / or type of grease that helped out in their cases. Will probably help in your case as well. I would see what I could solve on my own before throwing in the towel and taking it to the dealers.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/170456-anybody-regret-having-sunroof-09-cts.html

CADYSHAK
07-29-09, 12:02 AM
Thanks Gary , just wondering , where are the adjustmant bolts to align the panels ? Thanks gain - CADYSHAK

ericpd
07-29-09, 01:50 AM
Sunroof is creaking , will greasing the rubbers help ? Or will I have to give it to the dealer ? What will the dealer do to the roof panels that I can't do ?

Give it to the dealer. I had the same problem only weeks after my delivery. I must add though that I also had problems with it opening and closing with one button push,... had to keep on banging on the button to get it to completely open or completely close. They made two attempts and on the third visit installed a completely new unit and electrical stuff. Not one problem or noise since.

Gary Wells
07-29-09, 08:56 AM
Thanks Gary , just wondering , where are the adjustmant bolts to align the panels ? Thanks gain - CADYSHAK
Sorry, CADYSHAK, can't help there. I was afraid to get one with a sunroof after everything that I read for and against, and found a solid roof on a dealer showroom. Hope all goes well on your sunroof repair.

ericpd
07-29-09, 02:57 PM
Sorry, CADYSHAK, can't help there. I was afraid to get one with a sunroof after everything that I read for and against, and found a solid roof on a dealer showroom. Hope all goes well on your sunroof repair.

Yeah I hear ya on that one. For a while there, I thought I might have made a mistake. But honestly,... after the pretty much replace the entire ultraview, I don't know if I would enjoy the car as much without one. But you're right,... a solid roof reduces the probability of having a roof related problem to zero.

Hey,... do you know if there's a significant weight dif between a solid roof and the ultrview? I asked once before and never got an answer on that one.

Gary Wells
07-29-09, 04:25 PM
No, Eric, I don't know, and I remember your query a while back. I really don't feel that any 1 of the attributes / characteristics of having a sunroof versus not having 1 amount to much, but added / subtracted together the choice for me was clear. Part of my decision was based upon what I feel GM and the dealers might be feeling down the road on replacing big $$ items such as the sunroof and how knowledgeable the dealers were about fixing them. I just wasn't as brave as you. I would guess the sunroof option at coming in at about 80 lbs., but that is only a very uneducated guess.

CSX
07-29-09, 04:26 PM
Yeah I hear ya on that one. For a while there, I thought I might have made a mistake. But honestly,... after the pretty much replace the entire ultraview, I don't know if I would enjoy the car as much without one. But you're right,... a solid roof reduces the probability of having a roof related problem to zero.

Hey,... do you know if there's a significant weight dif between a solid roof and the ultrview? I asked once before and never got an answer on that one.

I thought the difference was about 100 lbs, I'll see if I can find a source to back that up.

Gary Wells
07-29-09, 05:11 PM
I would believe 100 lbs., but I did not want to add any fuel to the fire, so I rounded off to 80 lbs.

1BlinkGone
07-29-09, 06:29 PM
A good silicone spray on the rubber should eliminate any chatter.

kck
07-30-09, 07:36 PM

CADYSHAK:
Tony Pagano (Cadillac Tony at Plaza) has two excellent posts on this thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/159669-report-2009-cts-v-problems-here-6.html

As you probably know, Tony is a real “car guy” who is exceptional on maintenance issues and V issues in general – and he has an outstanding V-oriented dealership. He came very close to finding me the V I wanted, and he worked exceptionally hard in trying to track down what I was seeking.

Kyle

CADYSHAK
07-30-09, 09:26 PM
Thanks KcK - very helpfull , CADYSHAK

clubho
07-31-09, 02:54 PM
Give it to the dealer. I had the same problem only weeks after my delivery. I must add though that I also had problems with it opening and closing with one button push,... had to keep on banging on the button to get it to completely open or completely close. They made two attempts and on the third visit installed a completely new unit and electrical stuff. Not one problem or noise since.

ditto. I had the same problems with funky operations opening and closing and noise. dealer replace the motor for the sun shade and sunroof and some electrical as well. no prob now.

Bandit1
08-02-09, 07:39 PM

Me too. I have to adjust the driver's side glass.:banghead: