: new guy

ramos7
07-28-09, 11:22 PM
hey everyone new here just introducing myself.i have a 90 cadillac brougham with 5.0. in it i just replaced head gaskets and intake gasket and now im currently looking for a set of motor mounts. i called all the auto parts stores around and they said they have none listed for this model of cadillac. any push in the right direction would be helpful. also if anyone on here is into the slabbed out cars i have some friends on another forum who can help ya out.

sven914
07-28-09, 11:32 PM
I've found that anything the part's store can't get can be found in a junkyard. You might get lucky and find a car where the engine has already been cannibalized. I think any Cadillac Brougham from 86-89 would have the parts you need. 1990 was the last year for the 307, and some of the cars got the Chevy 350 (5.7). Somebody has to confirm this, but mid '80's Chevy Caprice's also used the 307 and they may have had the same motor mounts.

If all else fails, go to the dealership and have them order a set.

Stingroo
07-28-09, 11:35 PM
The Cutlass used the 307. Caprice had a 305 I believe.

sven914
07-28-09, 11:52 PM
The Cutlass used the 307. Caprice had a 305 I believe.

1986-90: Standard for wagons

1987:Option for some sedans sold in Canada

The 307 was used in all GM full sized wagons to simplify production. So if the mounts are the same you can also check into Buick Electra's, Olds Custom Cruiser's, and Pontiac Parisienne wagon's (and sedan's).

jayoldschool
07-29-09, 12:05 AM
Yep, I owned an 87 Caprice with the 307!

Stingroo
07-29-09, 12:38 AM
Ah. Never knew that. Yay, I learned something. :D

ramos7
07-29-09, 06:23 AM
thx guys ill look into it some i thought that mounts from a diff car would work but i wasnt sure if the crossmembers were the same

75sled
07-29-09, 08:50 AM
Also, you can go to RockAuto.com and look up a 90 caprice classic with the 307, and there is a motor mount listed. Ironically it is only $3.07. I have used them several times in the past and they are good to work with and really pretty quick about shipping.

Stingroo
07-29-09, 09:21 AM
LOL $3.07. That's quite punny of them.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-29-09, 04:16 PM
Welcome. Rockauto should have what you need. For some reason many auto parts stores have issues finding info on the '90-'92 Broughams. Even Crutchfield has no idea what size speakers are in my car even though I am sure there is a market for aftermarket speakers in these cars.

Stingroo
07-29-09, 04:52 PM
Welcome. Rockauto should have what you need. For some reason many auto parts stores have issues finding info on the '90-'92 Broughams. Even Crutchfield has no idea what size speakers are in my car even though I am sure there is a market for aftermarket speakers in these cars.

Well Crutchfield fails, because two people there tried to tell me my car had a 1.5 din radio. :P

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-29-09, 07:37 PM
Its got a double din. I believe these were the only cars that ever had a double din, so it is an understandable mistake. All other GM cars are 1.5 din.

ramos7
07-31-09, 11:59 AM
u guys lookin for cheap car audio i bought 6 12s from this place for 300 bucks

Stingroo
07-31-09, 12:29 PM
Decent 12's? Or some off-brand? Does the place have head units?

ramos7
08-24-09, 03:04 AM
bump sorry guys been busy almost forgot about this place. the 12s were kenwood kfc w-3012 and they have head units amps batteries highs alarms
its onlinecarstereo. com i order a lot of equipment from them and sell them on the street here for a little extra profit. they always been good with me but i have heard of some people saying that they can take up to 3 weeks for shipping, but normally its about 10days. well i been working on this car for a while already and got it running but its just not wanting to stay working for me so im considering just buying a new motor. i was thinking about going to oreilly and asking them to order me a crate motor from a 91 brougham with a 350 but i wasnt sure what would need to be swapped out to get the job done. i know that engine is fuel injected but i was wondering if i could use the carb from my 307 i know this is a long post but id rather kill 2 birds with one stone. thx in advance

ramos7
08-31-09, 03:54 AM
can anyone help me. this 307 is crappin out on me left and right. went to change the motor mounts and found out the last idiot who swapped the motor broke the motor mount bolts off into the engine.:mad2:

how much trouble would it be for me to swap in an lt1 from a different car i know they used them in the 90 92 broughams but what other kinda cars can i look for to take one from.

help me prove to my girlfriend shes wrong and not all cadillacs are pos's

Stingroo
08-31-09, 08:54 AM
90-92 Broughams (and the 93) used another 350 dubbed the L05. The more powerful LT1 was used in 94-96 Fleetwood's. Also used in Camaro's and Firebird's up until... '97 I think, then they switched to LS power. Your 307 has a carb, so it might be a fair bit of trouble to swap in a fuel-injected LT1.

Then again (as is often the case it seems), I could be wrong. lol Hope it helps a bit. :)

ramos7
08-31-09, 03:44 PM
so where can i find an lo5 engine? is there a website that i can order one from?
and thanks for that little bit of info

Stingroo
08-31-09, 04:02 PM
Well that's fuel injected too, so it would be the same trouble as an LT1, but less power.

You could always go the crate engine route, but that'll probably cost you an arm and a leg. I don't really know where to shop for these kinds of things. Maybe someone else here would.

Or even better, maybe someone here would know what it would take to get you to a fuel injection setup so you could go with an LT1 like you planned before anyway, but I'm afraid this is about all I know. :(

ramos7
09-01-09, 02:53 AM
thx. i thought as long as i change the ecm to work with the distributor and fuel injectors i would be alright. i know anything is possible i once saw my stepdad take a 4x4 chevy 350 and put it it an 88 transam. no gauges worked but it cranked and drove fine

can anyone out there help push me in the right direction? i want a 350 either lt1 or l05 whatever will work. my girlfriend wants me to sell but i say income tax is right here just wait and put a new engine:thumbsup: