: XM readout--non nav

next2pool
07-28-09, 07:22 PM
Once in a while when listening to XM, the station readout is missing--everything works including the other data on the screen, but no station info. Anyone else experience this? I'm not sure if it's the radio, or if XM isn't transmitting all of the required info.

EChas3
07-28-09, 11:28 PM
That doesn't happen to me. I have the Nav setup. I do occasionally lose the signal (standing still just North of a truck or building). This gets worse when I go farther North. I wonder the position of the XM satellite.

TSS
07-29-09, 09:50 AM
Once in a while when listening to XM, the station readout is missing--everything works including the other data on the screen, but no station info. Anyone else experience this? I'm not sure if it's the radio, or if XM isn't transmitting all of the required info.

I get that occasionally with the non-nav unit in my 07 Lade. Also, sometimes , the station name is different. Like abbreviated as if there was not enough display space for the characters, but the next day, the whole staion name is written out. I belive it is an XM transmitting issue. As you stated, all else works fine.

MacMuse
07-29-09, 01:23 PM
I wonder the position of the XM satellite.

XM has 4 satellites, 2 idle/backup and 2 active. They live in geostationary orbit at 85 West & 115 West Longitude over the equator. The original 2 satellites ("Rock" and "Roll") are now on standby as backup for the 2 more recent active units ("Rhythm" and "Blues").