: Solution for brake dust problem

TNT V
07-22-04, 06:01 PM
I saw this post on the Corvette Forum...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=853634
....and decided to give it a try. After thoroughly cleaning the wheels I applied Rejex. Three days later the wheels still looked great. I waited 4 more days before washing in anticipation of the "black" wheels returning once again. They are still shiny after 7 days. This stuff is great! Highly recommended! :cheers:

StealthV
07-22-04, 07:11 PM
Zaino will do the same thing. Same concept, they are both polymers. :cheers:

TNT V
07-22-04, 07:41 PM
Sorry partner....Zaino did not work. Tried it among others before finding this product. This stuff is unbelievable! :cheers:

StealthV
07-22-04, 09:15 PM
How many coats of Z did you put on? 6?

TNT V
07-22-04, 10:30 PM
Actually I put 2 coats on. But just like dust sticks to the body with Zaino on it, the brake dust still coated the wheels. Although both are polymers, the Rejex obviously has some type of formulation that does not allow the dust to stick. I like my car looking top notch at all times and this product does a great job on the brake dust. Zaino is still the best for the body, however. :D

StealthV
07-22-04, 11:11 PM
Dust is bad with Zaino unless it is top coated with Z6.

TNT V
07-23-04, 09:59 AM
Used Z6 between waxings - brake dust still accumulated. Dust sticks to the body, though, even after using Z6 and likewise on the wheels. I've used it for years and nothing stops the dust accumulation from showing on a black car. I've been detailing my daily drivers and cars I show for many years. Everyone has their favorites just as I do, but this Rejex really does a nice job for the V brake dust problem. Stealthy...you seem to need to dispute that this stuff works. Why don't you try it and see what I mean? Don't bust my chops on this. Cars have been my lifelong hobby and I know what works and what doesn't. Enough said? Just trying to share new info with my forum friends. :cheers:

lasstss
07-23-04, 10:51 AM
Online, looks like good stuff.

http://www.aviationwest.com/view_product.php?product=1

x-autoproducts
07-24-04, 11:33 PM
hello all,

in response to the original post referencing my company's group purchase of RejeX on corvette forum, i'll be happy to address any questions you have here on cadillacforums.com. plus, we'll even offer the same group purchase price of $16.09 for a 16oz bottle plus $2 shipping to ANY ADDRESS to all cadillasforums.com members and vistors. please call us at 800-559-1192. i'd appreciate hearing from a site adminstrator about becoming a sponsoring vendor too.

in response to Stealth V

zaino may be a polymer, but there are millions of formulations of polymers and each has different performance characteristics. the analogy may be a little weak, but polymers are like different breeds of dogs. even though they're all dogs, different breeds look and behave differently.

RejeX was originally formulated to provide corrosion protection for the military by creating a super slippery surface. it proved to work so well that the manufacturer decided to offer it to the civilian market by adding a super-reflective ingredient. together, the protection and the beautification are virtually unsurpassed by any other product on the market. plus, it's completely safe for paint as it has ABSOLUTELY NO FREE SILICONES.

the reason why RejeX solves the brake dust problem is due to how slippery it leaves smooth surfaces. you simply have to try it to believe it.

if anyone has any questions about how to apply RejeX or it's benefits, please feel free to call me at 800-559-1192 or check out our website at

www.x-autoproducts.com

thank you,

barry
X-Auto Products

StealthV
07-24-04, 11:57 PM
Send me a sample. :)

x-autoproducts
07-25-04, 11:21 AM
Stealth V

call me and we can discuss

thanks

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

cadillac04
07-26-04, 11:40 AM
Taking the plunge! :) Just ordered some RejeX. Will let everyone know the results. Can't keep up with the brake dust, I'm tired of cleaning the wheels every other day. :banghead:

DgtalPimp
07-26-04, 12:51 PM
hello all,

in response to the original post referencing my company's group purchase of RejeX on corvette forum, i'll be happy to address any questions you have here on cadillacforums.com. plus, we'll even offer the same group purchase price of $16.09 for a 16oz bottle plus $2 shipping to ANY ADDRESS to all cadillasforums.com members and vistors. please call us at 800-559-1192. i'd appreciate hearing from a site adminstrator about becoming a sponsoring vendor too.

in response to Stealth V

zaino may be a polymer, but there are millions of formulations of polymers and each has different performance characteristics. the analogy may be a little weak, but polymers are like different breeds of dogs. even though they're all dogs, different breeds look and behave differently.

RejeX was originally formulated to provide corrosion protection for the military by creating a super slippery surface. it proved to work so well that the manufacturer decided to offer it to the civilian market by adding a super-reflective ingredient. together, the protection and the beautification are virtually unsurpassed by any other product on the market. plus, it's completely safe for paint as it has ABSOLUTELY NO FREE SILICONES.

the reason why RejeX solves the brake dust problem is due to how slippery it leaves smooth surfaces. you simply have to try it to believe it.

if anyone has any questions about how to apply RejeX or it's benefits, please feel free to call me at 800-559-1192 or check out our website at

www.x-autoproducts.com

thank you,

barry
X-Auto Products

Barry,
How often does RejeX need to be applied? I assume there is a "normal" wear factor and associated washing, raining, etc.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

StealthV
07-26-04, 01:29 PM
Another question for Barry - Should I apply it right over the 6 layers of Zaino I already have or strip it down first?

x-autoproducts
07-26-04, 03:17 PM
cadillac04

thanks for your order. i look forward to hearing your product review after you've used it.
thanks.

DgtalPimp

RejeX will last 4 months of daily driving, in all types of weather. there are guys who put it on every 3 months, i usually apply it a couple of times a year. either decision, you will be amazed at how long the protection and beautification lasts.
thanks for the post.

StealthV

6 layers of zaino... that must have taken 9000 man-hours to complete....
you can put RejeX over zaino without chemically stripping the old stuff off. i would recommend giving the car a good wash with a decent detergent that can remove things like road oil & tar. this will knock the zaino down enought that you shouldn't have any compatibility issues.
but, be sure not to use any wax or polish over RejeX. you'd be wasting your time and money as RejeX is clearer (more clear) than anything else you might use.

thanks for the posts.

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

Z06CADY
07-27-04, 04:55 PM
Received the RejeX yesterday and put on a coat last night. It goes on really easy, and if it works, what a deal.
Wheels sure look great, but will it last????????
Will the dust stick??????
Will they still hop?????

StealthV
07-27-04, 07:36 PM
It cures wheel hop too? WOOHOO! :bouncy: Where's my credit card?

KJTROT
07-27-04, 08:37 PM
I also took the plunge since the price seemed more than reasonable. Any polymer seems to be at least in this price range. The RejeX goes on quite easy once you get all of the old brake dust off the wheels. The prep work took about a hour with dish washing detergent first and then a good drying. I wanted to get any remnents of the ps21 wax from the wheels. The wheels look great but time will tell on the lasting effect and continued ease of cleaning.
Will keep all interested parties informed. :bouncy:

5CTRVET
07-27-04, 10:17 PM
I also placed an order. I intend on using on wheels, windshield, and exhaust tips. I am also going to try it on my truck paint and chrome wheels. I will update as needed.

x-autoproducts
07-27-04, 11:43 PM
to all cadillacforums members and visitors,

thanks for all the orders. i should offer TNT V a bigger discount to show my appreciation for posting my CF group buy over here.

as for a testimonial about RejeX and how well it works, here's a link to rennlist.com, which is one of the sites for porsche enthusiasts. they really love RejeX, and have posted a lot of testimonials in case you might be interested. this thread is 6 pages long, and it's not the longest....

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=146178&goto=newpost

there's also a really good discussion about the hazards of silicone oils in some car waxes and polishes. just to let you know, RejeX has no free silicone so it won't contaminate your paint making it difficult to repaint or other undesireable issues.

please feel free to call if you have any questions or to place an order.

thanks all,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

TNT V
07-27-04, 11:56 PM
i should offer TNT V a bigger discount to show my appreciation for posting my CF group buy over here. :worship:

Z06CADY
07-28-04, 04:35 PM
This is the second day, only 40 mils so far, all stop and go. Wheels still look good, but what is that I see. Looks like some break dust clinging to the shiny surface of my wheels. I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight.

Clintonwmills
07-29-04, 11:13 AM
Wanted to let everyone know, my brother has a Z06 and he had a lot of brakes dust (not as much as us V Drivers.) He switched to ceramic brakes and now he never does. The dust is clear and you dont see it. It is amazing. It suppose to make the car stop quicker and less noise. I tried to buy them from rockauto but they sent me the wrong stuff twice. Does anyone know where I can get some ceramic brakes???

Thanks!!

sefa01
08-01-04, 10:13 AM
I've had Rejex on the wheels for abot a week now. Not perfect, but pretty damn good. A quick wipe with a cloth every couple of days and they look great.

KJTROT
08-01-04, 04:30 PM
I also have had the rejeX on for about a week and the dust cleanup is quite a bit easier. All you have to do is just lightly wipe the light coating of dust away. It seems that the real haevy stuff must blow off. I'm sold on the product.

Z06CADY
08-01-04, 06:02 PM
I've had Rejex on for about a week now also. The wheels did look better than they had prior to the Rejex. They also cleaned up easier than before.
Good product and anything that makes the clean up faster, is a good thing!

Z06CTSV
08-01-04, 09:46 PM
I also have had the rejeX on for about a week and the dust cleanup is quite a bit easier. All you have to do is just lightly wipe the light coating of dust away. It seems that the real haevy stuff must blow off. I'm sold on the product.
:yeah:

X-Auto Products
08-03-04, 12:44 AM
safa01,
KJTROT,
Z06CADY,
Z06CTSV

i'm very happy to hear that RejeX is working to reduce your brake dust issues and that you're satisfied customers.

we're still offering RejeX at $16.09 plus $2 shipping. please feel free to give us a call.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

CTSVLS6
08-03-04, 06:58 AM
I put the Rejex on the whole car (Black) and I am impressed with the look and how easy it is to wash. I live in the country and the bugs are real bad. It takes about half the time to wash and the wheels seem to stay a lot cleaner. Thanks Barry for a great product.

CTSV OWNER
08-03-04, 10:57 PM
Add my name to the list. I purchased Rejex from Barry as well. I pulled the wheels and applyed it to the brake calipers even. I don't drive real hard and probably have pulled the least G's of anyone here. My V sits in the garage quietly waiting for me. It's all shined up and polished, as it is not my daily driver.

ctsvett
08-03-04, 11:02 PM
I ordered rejex too...Can't wait.

Thread Hijack (but on topic)

What does everyone use to clean their wheels? This was a question that was asked on the FAQ.

I use eagly one all Wheel cleaner before I wash the car (on cold brakes only!)

What do you use/ recommend?

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

benjet
08-03-04, 11:25 PM
Thread Hijack (but on topic)

What does everyone use to clean their wheels? This was a question that was asked on the FAQ.

I ordered some too got it in no time (whoohoo) and will put it on (hopefully) tommorow.

Wheel cleaning:

Spray Cold Dry Wheels with VERY LIGHT mix of SIMPLE GREEN (<10%) and water (>90%), scrub with a brush (apply more soapy mix if need be), rinse.
I've found some great brushes that get 100% of the wheel without the need to remove it. Allow ~5 mins per wheel to clean. Adding more SG concentrate to the mix doesn't accelerate the process any, continously spraying the wheel (with the soapy mix) while scrubbing does.

There are some other tricks the pros use I can suggest if anyone claims that the above doesn't work.

-Ben

cts-vette
08-03-04, 11:56 PM
:woohoo: Another happy customer! :woohoo:
Just got my order last week, applied it and one week later, a little compressed air and away we go!

This stuff actuall does a great job. Took the rims off, cleaned and applied two coats, so far so good. It even did a decent "cleaning" a spot or two on the rim...only time will tell.... but for now....:thumbsup:

urbanski
08-04-04, 03:59 PM
safa01,
KJTROT,
Z06CADY,
Z06CTSV

i'm very happy to hear that RejeX is working to reduce your brake dust issues and that you're satisfied customers.

we're still offering RejeX at $16.09 plus $2 shipping. please feel free to give us a call.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

I just ordered 2 bottles online, but I just now realized I didn't get the CF group rate :(

Barry, can you hook me up? My last name is Urban, and I put my cell # on the order.
Thanks

urbanski
08-08-04, 03:02 PM
^^^
Bump and a big THANK YOU to Barry....
got my Rejex yesterday, and you had adjusted the price for the CF discount!!!

I'll post my personal results ASAP, and I can't wait to get some on my V :D :)

Z06CADY
08-08-04, 04:45 PM
I ordered some too got it in no time (whoohoo) and will put it on (hopefully) tommorow.

Wheel cleaning:

Spray Cold Dry Wheels with VERY LIGHT mix of SIMPLE GREEN (<10%) and water (>90%), scrub with a brush (apply more soapy mix if need be), rinse.
I've found some great brushes that get 100% of the wheel without the need to remove it. Allow ~5 mins per wheel to clean. Adding more SG concentrate to the mix doesn't accelerate the process any, continously spraying the wheel (with the soapy mix) while scrubbing does.

There are some other tricks the pros use I can suggest if anyone claims that the above doesn't work.

-Ben

Will SIMPLE GREEN or ORANGE BLAST remove the wax (REJEX) just applied??

StealthV
08-08-04, 04:58 PM
With something like Rejex (or Zaino) on the wheels, something as aggressive as Simple Green is not necessary to clean the wheels. Just use your normal car wash soap + water.

joshdctsv
08-08-04, 05:20 PM
Probably overkill at this point, but Ill put in my results too. On for ~1 week. Car looks GREAT, super slick. For my money, the best use so far is on the grill which absolutly EATS bugs. So far, I've seen NONE on the grill which is unreal. I also saw a bug fly into and slide off of my treated windshield today.. no smack! This vs Zaino ~even in performance so far.. but this was a lot easier to apply. I'll see how it looks in two months to make the final call.

joshdctsv
08-08-04, 05:21 PM
For my money, the best use so far is on the grill which absolutly EATS bugs. So far, I've seen NONE on the grill which is unreal.
I should clarify, the entire front end, not just the "grill"...

urbanski
08-09-04, 02:04 PM
I should clarify, the entire front end, not just the "grill"...
great idea! wish it could makes small rocks slide off too :D

cadillac04
08-16-04, 11:55 AM
The product really works! After one week the wheels still look great, albeit there is some road dirt and some brake dust on them but you have to get close to see the dust. I no longer have to wash the wheels every other day. Tried some on the front grill and along side to see what it would do to bugs and there are no bugs on the car in the treated areas. This is after 250 miles mostly city start and stop with some rural highway trips. :yup: Rejex is recommended !

CadV
08-16-04, 01:22 PM
Has anyone tried a coat of this on the entire car over Zaino?

Cliff

benjet
08-16-04, 01:29 PM
Has anyone tried a coat of this on the entire car over Zaino?

Cliff

Yep, works very well. Didn't need to wash the car only rinse to provide the great look.Time is still going to tell how long it lasts. NXT which is VERY bad for paint only lasted about 2 weeks, Zaino 4-6. Since I'm not driving the car I have no idea how it's holding up (it's at the dealer).
-Ben

CadV
08-16-04, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the quick response benjet :)

How many coats did you put on?

2004ctsv
08-16-04, 06:38 PM
Yep, works very well. Didn't need to wash the car only rinse to provide the great look.Time is still going to tell how long it lasts. NXT which is VERY bad for paint only lasted about 2 weeks, Zaino 4-6. Since I'm not driving the car I have no idea how it's holding up (it's at the dealer).
-Ben

Not to thread jack but, what do you mean about NXT? As you could guess, I put a coat on and now I'm a little worried. Have you seen something wrong after Maguiar's?

benjet
08-16-04, 06:49 PM
Not to thread jack but, what do you mean about NXT? As you could guess, I put a coat on and now I'm a little worried. Have you seen something wrong after Maguiar's?

Check out the MSDS (Material Safety and Data Sheet) on it - if you can find one. It contains (free) silicones which if used continuously will cause a number of issues not directly in the paint, but if for any reason that paint surface needs repainting (you never know what will happen to it) somewhere down the line, there will be problems. One or 2 coats of it shouldn't be a big deal but repeated coats over time are nasty. My body shop guy was trying to educate me. I haven't gotten him the MSDS on RejeX yet but I will.

-Ben

2004ctsv
08-16-04, 06:58 PM
Ben - Thanks

x-autoproducts
08-23-04, 11:38 PM
benjet

you're right about the free silicone issue and it being a contaminant to car paint. it's hard to believe the one of the most reputable car care product manufacturers puts it in their product.

as for RejeX, it uses a proprietary siloxane which does not contain free silicone, therefore it won't absord into your paint, and cause the nasty issues.
and finally, regarding the MSDS for RejeX, it's a link on my product information page for RejeX...

http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/product_rejex.htm

take a look around my site, the RejeX MSDS link is in the left-hand margin. i've also just added a RejeX Uses, Benefits & Application page to my site listing all the info you'd ever want to know about applying RejeX and keeping your car shining for months. and if you've got a quicktime player installed on your computer, you should like the movie demonstration (well, sort of a demo). i've also posted a page containing the history of RejeX. hope you like the additional information.

my company is still offering the RejeX group buy on several car forums for $16.09 plus $2 shipping to any address. we continue to honor this price to all cadillacforums.com members as well (even though we're not yet sponsors of this site...maybe an admin will email me....).

please feel free to call if you have any questions.

thanks,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

bolvey.1
08-24-04, 12:26 AM
Hey Guys,
My solution?
Dig deep and buy the original MFG specified linings.
They’re ceramic and expensive.
I bought a set of Wagner’s.
Did the job my self.
No Dust!!!!
(And, they last!).
Mark

StealthV
08-24-04, 02:07 AM
Dig deep and buy the original MFG specified linings.
They’re ceramic and expensive.

:hmm:

2004ctsv
08-24-04, 09:40 AM
benjet

you're right about the free silicone issue and it being a contaminant to car paint. it's hard to believe the one of the most reputable car care product manufacturers puts it in their product.

as for RejeX, it uses a proprietary siloxane which does not contain free silicone, therefore it won't absord into your paint, and cause the nasty issues.
and finally, regarding the MSDS for RejeX, it's a link on my product information page for RejeX...
[/url]

For the record, I contacted Maguiars to ask about this.
Their reply was similar to yours - that no one reputable uses free silicone but does add silicone complexes - like your product. I believe he said that it helps in application.

Also, according to them, this was an issue with under-educated paint shops - the old style where you learned your trade (and mistakes) from the boss. Modern technology of car preparation taught in trade schools overcomes this even if there was silicone.

FWIW

jspridge
08-24-04, 01:38 PM
To Bolvey.1 - Did you find Wagner ceramic pads for the Brembo's on the CTS-V? If so, please let me know where you got them.

Thanks!