: 2001 cadillac deville small hesitations

JIMTON
07-28-09, 05:38 AM
About 200mi ago i replaced the plenum,intake gaskets, spark plugs, upper and lower crank shaft sensor. The plenum had a small tear and the car was shiftifting a little hard.Anyway the problem is while Im driving through town, maybe 35 or 40 i can feel little small jerks, nothing major, but i figure it will get worse.Its not sending any codes, or running bad otherwise. Thank you

blackonblacklac00
07-28-09, 12:29 PM
what kind of spark plugs did you put in?I heard if you use anything other then the original ac delco plugs you will get problems similar to what u got

steck
07-28-09, 12:51 PM
my plenum had a tear in it too...my mechanic couldnt figure out why they would all do this...but they all do eventually. this also threw a code regarding a 'lean right bank'

i fixed my upper and lower crank sensors too recently on my '01 DTS. fun fun.

as for your question, i dunno, but sounds like a tranny issue to me...(especially if it was already shifting hard)

Submariner409
07-28-09, 04:44 PM
Read the thread at the top of this forum's main page: "How to pull codes" and learn to use your car's built-in Diagnostic Trouble Code system. You don't need outside scanners or help. Use the URL in the thread which has "obd2" (OnBoard Diagnostics -II protocol) and write down your DTC's. Note whether each is Current or History. Then use the same link to decipher the P, B, U, and C code meanings.

Codes are hidden until you open the system - DIC messages are not the same.

JIMTON
08-04-09, 04:24 AM
I have used the dash for the codes and i do not have any.They were cleared when the plenum and crk shaft sensors were changed.

Submariner409
08-05-09, 09:47 AM
"Small hesitations" sounds like either a miss or some quick air/fuel correction. A miss will normally set a P0300 code, so look for a loose/dirty connector for the MAF, MAP, ISC, or TPS.

thebigtomster
08-10-09, 02:32 PM
I had a very similar sounding problem. Try disconnecting the EGR. It will throw error codes. But it may make the "hesitations" go away. Replacement of the EGR is simple and expensive. So make sure it is really the EGR. Also, the EGR system is extremely dirty. Try cleaning the EGR valve if it is the problem.