: OldRoadDawg Stopped by the House Today

rand49er
07-27-09, 10:33 PM
He was on his way home (six hours away) with this ...

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/PICT0362.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/PICT0367-1.jpg

On the surface, you may think he was being nice by letting me take it for a drive. Naw, he had other motives. He was planting a seed. :lildevil:

neuronbob
07-27-09, 10:48 PM
Looks just like mine, down to the Superior plate cover I had when I drove mine home for the first time. I see Scott sold another V.

Congrats, OldRoadDawg, and enjoy in good health!

rand49er
07-27-09, 10:53 PM
He should've just pulled into his driveway about now. I wonder how long it'll take him to see this thread. :sneaky:

CTSV_510
07-27-09, 10:59 PM
He should've just pulled into his driveway about now. I wonder how long it'll take him to see this thread. :sneaky:

Now that you've driven it, I wonder how long it's going to take YOU to buy one. :yup:

OldRoadDawg
07-28-09, 12:22 AM
Right about now. :histeric:
850 miles round trip in one day. I going to bed.
Thanks for the pics Randy! good seeing you again.
I would have got home sooner, but I made Scott take me on a tour around the GM Proving grounds. Saw 4 CTS-V coupes in poor disguise and had Scott buy me a steak. (OK... it was ground up inside a bun, but still pretty good)

Oh yeah.... the new V. LUV IT!!

V-Eight
07-28-09, 12:34 AM
Love the Superior plate cover, basically sums the car up in 1 word. And also means that Scott made another sale :D

vperl
07-28-09, 12:52 AM
I would have got home sooner, but I made Scott take me on a tour around the GM Proving grounds. Saw 4 CTS-V coupes in poor disguise and had Scott buy me a steak. (OK... it was ground up inside a bun, but still pretty good)

&&^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, Scott got you lunch, that is it.....

Scott, you'd better sweeten the pot, lunch at that restaurant behind your place

Caddyscat
07-28-09, 02:28 AM
Great color! Mine's finally thru with the break in period. Took my brother (the one doing wheelies) out for a ride on a twisty road, he didn't have much confidence in the V as his Cobalt SS struggles to keep up.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2504/3692472365_d766f2f68e_o.jpg

Krug Ford
07-28-09, 11:26 AM

Thanks again for the business and I'm glad you had a good time visting the GM Proving Grounds to take a look at the new V Series coupe.

If you need anything Please feel free to give me a call.

I'm glad you made it home safe.

Florian
07-28-09, 11:38 AM
dump that silly plate surround....nothing fooks up the looks of a car than advert plate covers....

F

OldRoadDawg
07-28-09, 12:56 PM
dump that silly plate surround....nothing fooks up the looks of a car than advert plate covers....

F

Yes suh Mr Dave, it be gone :worship:
(geez . . . I only had the V 30 min before I stopped at Randy's house)

Florian
07-28-09, 03:25 PM
ORD, you are the man!

F

LUVMY04V
07-28-09, 04:42 PM
I wanna se it next to randy's :crying: Why would you not do that?

ORD Thanks again for the Knobs!!! You ARE the man (as above ^^ stated)

Car looks sweet Btw

rand49er
07-28-09, 06:15 PM
I wanna se it next to randy's :crying: Why would you not do that? ...You know, I almost did that, but it was hot as hell standing in the driveway, the width of the driveway isn't wide enough to get 'em side by side, we would've had to pull them into the street, and ... all right, I'll admit it ... I was lazy! There, I said it!!! :rant2:

j/k You're right ... wish I had done it. :thumbsup:

(Geez, coming over here, now I know where Florian hangs out. :rolleyes:)

whisler151
07-28-09, 06:56 PM
Congrats OldRoadDawg! She is a beauty!

thebigjimsho
07-31-09, 04:50 AM
Damn Dave, I go away for a few days and you go and get this...

Gary Wells
07-31-09, 05:37 AM
Congratulations, OldRoadDawg, beautiful CTS-V.

Hawkeye2
07-31-09, 06:38 AM
Congrats and use it in the best of health! It looks fantastic!

OldRoadDawg
07-31-09, 10:32 AM
Damn Dave, I go away for a few days and you go and get this...
Well Jim, if GM's objective at the Monticello driving lab was to sell Vs. . . I'm a smiling example to demonstrate that the program was effective . :)
And the V1 got a good home with a new forum member.

So. . . when will you be taking delivery?

thebigjimsho
07-31-09, 12:03 PM
Well Jim, if GM's objective at the Monticello driving lab was to sell Vs. . . I'm a smiling example to demonstrate that the program was effective . :)
And the V1 got a good home with a new forum member.

So. . . when will you be taking delivery?
Hopefully within 12-14 months...

radix
07-31-09, 08:13 PM
I like a sunroof. My '04 V has one.
BUT... if I get a V2 it will not have one. I hate the loss of headroom.

I'm kind of long through the upper torso, so my head has about a 1/2" clearance, even with the seat all the way down and tilted backwards to the point where my arms are almost straight (I wish the V1 had a telescoping column).
On a track day, with helmet, I have to tilt my head sideways, which really sucks.

When I drove the V2 at Monticello I had the same problem and the steering wheel has a lot more adjustment vs my V1.
No more roofs for me.

So... is this thread a fake ?.... cause it sure looks like that car in the OP has a sunroof !

(above quote from the "to sunroof or not to ...." thread)

OldRoadDawg
07-31-09, 10:33 PM
So... is this thread a fake ?.... cause it sure looks like that car in the OP has a sunroof !

(above quote from the "to sunroof or not to ...." thread)

Keen eye you have.
No fake. Mine's got one. Superior didn't have any 'sunroof delete' 09s. Couldn't turn my back on the one I ended up with for the price.

Nice balmy evening, just got got back from a little cruisin' with the roof open. Have to admit ... it's starting to grow on me.

If I track it, I guess I'll just do like I did in my 04 and tilt my head when wearing a helmet.

radix
07-31-09, 11:41 PM
Keen eye you have.
No fake. Mine's got one. Superior didn't have any 'sunroof delete' 09s. Couldn't turn my back on the one I ended up with for the price.

Nice balmy evening, just got got back from a little cruisin' with the roof open. Have to admit ... it's starting to grow on me.

If I track it, I guess I'll just do like I did in my 04 and tilt my head when wearing a helmet.

So, (can't resist) I guess you really can't teach an old road dawg new tricks ! :yup:

Can't blame you a good deal is a good deal !

thebigjimsho
12-19-09, 11:38 PM
Hopefully within 12-14 months...
...or 4...

Tony407
12-20-09, 07:43 PM

Or just open it. Or is that against track rules?

Tony

thebigjimsho
12-20-09, 08:51 PM
Or just open it. Or is that against track rules?

Tony
That's usually outlawed...