: Best tire pressure?

Gary Wells
07-27-09, 09:00 PM
What's the best tire pressure for stock tires & stock rims general all around spirited driving?

jwa999
07-27-09, 09:10 PM
What's the best tire pressure for stock tires & stock rims general all around spirited driving?

Well, make sure you don't have the front tire pressure to high. My left front tire lost the outside rubber a couple of weeks ago. Going about 140 in 105+ weather, I found myself looking at a white ring afterwards.

I had adjusted my tire pressure, but i don't believe I went over 35lbs.
My rear tires are close to threadless. So, I suggest you keep it to the 32lbs that GM suggests.

I'm going to try the hankook tires next. C/D gave it a reasonably good rating in their tests of PS2 alternatives.

Hans.

Gary Wells
07-27-09, 09:29 PM
OK, sounds reasonable, thanks. As from the factory / dealer, mine are between 31.5 to 34.5.

SlvrBullIT
07-27-09, 10:25 PM
Here in 100+ texas I do 29 cold, as it heats up it goes to 33-34, in about 2.37 secs lol!!!

Gary Wells
07-27-09, 10:41 PM
jwa999:
How many miles were on the tires?
Do you feel that one went from pressure or factory defective?

jwa999
07-27-09, 11:01 PM
Here in 100+ texas I do 29 cold, as it heats up it goes to 33-34, in about 2.37 secs lol!!!

Yeah, my DIC readouts went upto 37.
Even now, it varies from 29-30 all the way up to 35.
My passenger front wheel does get a lot of torture... love those 1.2+ g left turns. Will get a new alignment. The car felt ok from the factory, but I can see from the wear it wasn't that good. I can recommend any new owner to get a alignment. I tried to prod my service advisor to get me a free one, but no sigar.

I do have to figure out the proper pressure and tire that's going to work for me in the long run. The car can put so much load on the front tires, i don't wanna keep replacing them every 8K. And the fricking thing gets to 140 so fast, I even have to work to get the 996tt up there. Makes me rethink my upgrade path for it. My Ruf guy just expanded his business to racperformance.com, and they have a lot of goodies. 600+ hammer.

Hans.

jwa999
07-27-09, 11:10 PM
jwa999:
How many miles were on the tires?
Do you feel that one went from pressure or factory defective?

i'm at 7800 miles. The dealer had provided N2 which did reduce the pressure variations a little.

On my fronts, both outside edges where starting to show a lot of wear. The inside edges and rest of the tires are ok. So i'm thinking I had too much tire pressure. Will ask for a little front toe in on the alignment. The goodyear alignment guy here in the colony does a good job. I had 2 other cars aligned and i was very happy with those.
The back tires where wearing pretty evenly, don't do burnouts, but my quick takeoffs and general aggressive driving did them in.
I'm now following a strict regiment of non-sport tranny below 3000 rpm driving until the new set comes in. And i'm still enjoying the heck out of the car at low speeds.

Hans.

SlvrBullIT
07-28-09, 02:56 AM
If the outer edge wore more on the fronts and not from cornering then I would think:
A:) To much camber (Wears outside edge excessively)
B:) To much toe in (plowing)
C:) Under inflated (if both the outside and inside edge wore down more then the center)

Silver -V-
07-28-09, 10:19 AM
85 degrees at the road course - 41 lbs., they never got over 43 after a 20 minute session on a 13 corner track
Daily driving in 95 degrees - 32 lbs. - the tire likes to turn in a little better at high pressure around town, and under heat it will go up to 36 or 37 lbs.

104 degrees at the track - started at 38 lbs. on a 2 mile track with 16 turns, and after 1-20 minute session, I was up to 46 lbs. I bled down to 42 lbs. hot, and they had no issue. When cold I had to re-pressure, as I forgot on one session, and It felt like a sidewall was rolling over. I rolled almost half way down. Always check before going back out oon the track, and don't trust the TPMS.

Hans - I heard the same things about the Hankooks, and the new Yokohamas. I will give them a try in about a month, as this set will be done after one or two more track days.

CadV
07-28-09, 10:43 AM
Granted I have 20's but I run 33 cold in the front and 31 in the back.

marcw
07-28-09, 10:48 AM
I like to run a bit higher...around 37-ish....reduces wear on the outside edges of the tires. If you like to do twisties and higher-g turns on a regular basis, then your driving style should be considered into your tire pressure decision. Also, for our friends who have access to the autobahn :) there is a warning in the owners manual that higher tire pressures are needed for sustained high speed driving.

JFJr
07-28-09, 11:02 AM
What's the best tire pressure for stock tires & stock rims general all around spirited driving? I keep all 4 tires 33 - 34 psi cold, but don't run the car hard very often.

SlvrBullIT
07-28-09, 08:21 PM
Anyone try the Nittos?

RWFJR
07-28-09, 08:31 PM
Anyone try the Nittos?

Yep...No moisture in the tires (which can damage the inside of the wheel and tire) and less fluctuation in pressure. Great for a hot climate.

Gary Wells
07-28-09, 08:31 PM
OK, dumb noob question time:
When you say cold, do you mean car has not been run, or do you mean cold as in temperature.
I just dropped mine to 32 PSI all of the way around, and I am going to try that for a while. It is about 80* out, but the car has not been run since Sun morn.

RWFJR
07-28-09, 09:13 PM
When you say cold, do you mean car has not been run, or do you mean cold as in temperature.
I just dropped mine to 32 PSI all of the way around, and I am going to try that for a while. It is about 80* out, but the car has not been run since Sun morn.

First of all Gary, don't believe your DIC (Driver Information Center) on tire pressures. Buy a good digital tire guage (about $25-$30) and use that to determine pressure. Cold tires are when the car has been sitting for some time.

Gary Wells
07-28-09, 09:26 PM
I haven't even figured out how to get into the DIC yet, I am using a proven mechanical tire pressure gage and a proven digital tire pressure gage, and they read within .5 of each other. Thanks.

aco
07-28-09, 09:27 PM
Yep...No moisture in the tires (which can damage the inside of the wheel and tire) and less fluctuation in pressure. Great for a hot climate.

It seems you are referring to nitrogen to fill the tires, but SlvrBullIT asked about Nittos. Not sure if he meant nitrogen or the brand of tire.:confused:

RWFJR
07-28-09, 09:32 PM
It seems you are referring to nitrogen to fill the tires, but SlvrBullIT asked about Nittos. Not sure if he meant nitrogen or the brand of tire.:confused:

OOPS...:canttalk:

jwa999
07-28-09, 10:59 PM
PS2 replacement tests.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/tire_test_nine_affordable_summer_tires_take_on_the _michelin_ps2-comparison_tests

The nittos don't come out very well. I hear the sidewalls are kinda soft.

The hankook frontsare rated 100y, a little stiffer than the 96y of the PS2.
The rears are the same weight.

Nutz
07-28-09, 11:25 PM
What's the best tire pressure for stock tires & stock rims general all around spirited driving?I asked a seasoned tech/track enthusiast to educate me on the proper tire inflations. I will omit name and location to avoid incrimination. His response:

Daily driving is suggested to 34 p.s.i. to accept 1 or 2 p.s.i. increases in warm tires and ambient temperature and still maintain the optimum 35 p.s.i. range to prolong wear.

Spirited to performance driving should be set at 40 p.s.i. to avoid understeer and still allow heat absorption nearing 43-44 p.s.i. from not only the tire friction but the brake system heat dispersion. Not suggested if wear is an issue.

For those bold enough to play at the 1/4 mile, 44 in the front to reduce tire surface friction, and 40 in the rear for maximum footprint on the starting line.

Anything over 44 could throw a sensor warning at an unwanted time in your fun.
:thumbsup:

SlvrBullIT
07-29-09, 02:26 AM

I was talking about Nitto brand tires, I'm still looking for Nitrogen fill here in New Braunfels Texas.

jwa999
07-29-09, 02:32 AM
I was talking about Nitto brand tires, I'm still looking for Nitrogen fill here in New Braunfels Texas.

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/WarehouseDetails.aspx?WarehouseNumber=1006

Has a Tire Service Center, might support N2.

Hans.

lavaman
07-29-09, 12:46 PM
Yeah, my DIC readouts went upto 37.
Even now, it varies from 29-30 all the way up to 35.
My passenger front wheel does get a lot of torture... love those 1.2+ g left turns. Will get a new alignment. The car felt ok from the factory, but I can see from the wear it wasn't that good. I can recommend any new owner to get a alignment. I tried to prod my service advisor to get me a free one, but no sigar.

I do have to figure out the proper pressure and tire that's going to work for me in the long run. The car can put so much load on the front tires, i don't wanna keep replacing them every 8K. And the fricking thing gets to 140 so fast, I even have to work to get the 996tt up there. Makes me rethink my upgrade path for it. My Ruf guy just expanded his business to racperformance.com, and they have a lot of goodies. 600+ hammer.

Hans.
^^^^

I second the recommendation to have the alignment checked early. At 1100 miles on my V I took it to my brother (Goodyear shop owner and car enthusiast)

My car had no handling concerns....I just wanted to help insure as many miles as possible from these expensive tires. The print out from the alignment machine revealed a couple angles to be less than optimal. Caster is a non tire wearing angle so I won't go into detail about it. The front camber spec is -1.1 +/- .1 degree and total toe of 0.00 to +.40 degree. My car was at the low end of the camber range (Causing inside edge wear) and the total toe was out of spec positive (Causing outside edge wear.) The combined effect was that each angle was counteracting the other and tire wear (Across the whole tread) was being sacrificed.

Since I am not intending to track my car and don't usually corner terribly hard we set my camber to -.5 degree (.5 degree closer to straight up and down than spec) and total toe to +.20. This will reduce tire wear and still provide enough stability for me.

The rear angles were close and needed less tweeking to make them just right.

I also have N2 filled tires and keep them at 32psi cold (Ambient temp)

1BlinkGone
07-29-09, 03:21 PM

If you have a local Costco, they should have the nitrogen.

kck
07-30-09, 02:12 PM

Gary:
Would you report back to us regarding your impressions of running your tires at 32 PSI vs. the higher pressure you were using previously? My V arrived from Scott’s Superior dealership with 35 PSI at all 4 corners. The V corners like a go-kart (Whee!!!). But I am picking up a little harshness and occasional “tire noise” on some freeway road services. I realize, of course, that the (wider) performance tires and sport suspension are not going to make the V ride like a limo. I’m just curious if you notice any softer/quieter ride and corresponding reduction in cornering ability.

On the other hand, Nutz’s subsequent post would seem to make a compelling case for 34 PSI for “daily driving.”

I have to admit that maximizing tire life is not my highest priority, given that tire technology appears to advance so rapidly. I understand that there is or will be a PS-3 upgrade to the PS-2. Has anyone heard whether the 2010 V will have these more advanced tires?

Kyle

nc09v2
07-30-09, 05:49 PM
I've had best results with 32 cold all around. They all get up to 35 after they warm up, and the car rides/handles very well.

I've found that increasing rear pressure above 32 results in less traction, as in big time wheelspin, under 30 mph, while going under 32 does not help traction much, if at all, but results on less crisp handling.

SlvrBullIT
07-30-09, 06:06 PM
http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/WarehouseDetails.aspx?WarehouseNumber=1006

Has a Tire Service Center, might support N2.

Hans.

Went to costco but they would only do N2 fill on tires you BOUGHT from them...grrrrrrr

Gary Wells
07-30-09, 06:30 PM
Kyle:
I will keep the forum posted, and I am aware that I owe you an E-mail. I haven't forgotten.

Gary Wells
11-25-09, 09:01 AM
Update:
As I only drive the V every week or so, I kept lowering the pressure in the tires all of the way around until they seemed to me the most comfortable. I abruptly forgot what the recommended pressure should be, and I also forgot what everybody else on here recommended or was running for average street / highway driving. I found that the comfort zone for my tires for my driving style ended up at 28 PSI, cold, and measured in early AM when the ambient temperature was about 60˚F. Then last week I received my OnStar E-Mail that my pressure was 28 PSI on all 4 corners, and the nominal tire pressure warning for mileage. I increased the pressure back up to 32 PSI, and I noticed the expansion joints in the freeway, the small bumps, and irregularities. Lowered it to 31 PSI, and that was better. lowered it the next week to 30 and that was an improvement. I am considering lowering it back to 29 PSI? What are you guys thoughts on this. Am I really going to suffer tire mileage running the pressure below the recommended 32 PSI?

JFJr
11-25-09, 09:45 AM
I just dropped mine to 32 PSI all of the way around, and I am going to try that for a while. It is about 80* out, but the car has not been run since Sun morn.When we talk about "cold," we mean tire pressure when the car hasn't been driven for a while. I good time to check is in the morning after the car has sat overnight without being driven.

saintnickatnite
11-25-09, 04:40 PM
Dont waste your money/time on the Nitrogen myth. First of all, plain old air is close to 80% Nitrogen. Second, Nitrogen molecules are no less likely to leak out of tires. Third, the ideal gas law, which illustrates the principle of pressure as a function of volume and temperature, the difference that 100% nitrogen has from air is negligible. Fourth, at the pressures we are talking about (very low) ignoring the particle component is pretty safe.

Caroutisine
11-25-09, 08:09 PM
32 psi

Gary Wells
11-25-09, 09:28 PM
I currently have mine set at 30 PSI, I believe, as even that seems awful bouncy whether in sport or touring mode. Cali streets and highways, freeways have gone to he** in a handbag it seems.

mpouls1
11-26-09, 03:03 AM
Third, the ideal gas law, which illustrates the principle of pressure as a function of volume and temperature, the difference that 100% nitrogen has from air is negligible.

Lol, take physical chemistry and use non-ideal gas laws. I try to forget those questions that take 2 pages to solve. Oh to be in college again...

Mike 09 V
11-27-09, 10:30 AM
The owners manual says " If you plan on driving over 100 mph then fill the tires to the maximum shown on the sidewall." If my old eyes are correct it says 51 psi on the side of mine. Begging the questions: if you take your car to the drag strip should you air up instead of down? Will that make traction worse? Staying at the lower around 30 like on the door sticker, will that put us at risk at the high trap speeds we run? What about on a road course, where both might happen? What about around town where we won't likely go that fast, would it improve our gas mileage and increase our tire wear at a higher psi? Ride would be harsher I bet, but it's a race car and I will love it anyway. So many questions!

Gary Wells
11-27-09, 11:12 AM
Generally less pressure in the rear *tires* than one would normally use for all around driving conditions will result in lower elapsed times (ET's). More than likely, GM would disclaim any knowledge or approval of any racing when proposed with the statement regarding 51 lbs. I am sure that some of the trackers such as Short-Throw will post up. I find it hard to believe that even any of the trackers inflate to 51 lbs, but that's just a guess on my part.

Gary Wells
12-19-09, 08:30 PM
Aha, I'm back for more punishment & torture. Just received my "On-Star Diagnostic Report" by E-mail this Am and naturally they reported that my tires are all too low at 29 lbs. PSi and to inflate them to recommended tire pressure of, well, whatever it is. The last time that I went through this, I inflated all of the tires to 31 or 32, whrtever is recommended, and the car rode like squat. SXo every time that I had the car out, over a period of a couple of weeks, I dropped the tire pressure 1 lb PSI at a time until the car rode socially acceptable. Ended up again at 29 PSI on all tires measured cold in the AM. Is the worst fate that I am going to suffer less tire mileage due to more / improper wear?

Mike 09 V
12-19-09, 09:10 PM
Went to costco but they would only do N2 fill on tires you BOUGHT from them...grrrrrrr

My Costco tops them off as a courtesy to their customers at no charge. I'm guessing they charge for a nitrogen fill if you buy the tires there but no charge otherwise. I guess the store near you has a manager with a different attitude. You might tell him that other Costco's do it for free and see what he will do for you. Hopefully he will take care of you rather than complaining to corporate and then all the stores will charge for a top off!
Mike

JFJr
12-20-09, 03:53 PM
I dropped the tire pressure 1 lb PSI at a time until the car rode socially acceptable. Ended up again at 29 PSI on all tires measured cold in the AM. Is the worst fate that I am going to suffer less tire mileage due to more / improper wear?How does your steering response feel at 29 psi cold vs. 32 psi cold? I try to keep my tires at 33 psi cold and get better steering response, but don't care if the ride is a little harder.

wfo
12-20-09, 05:38 PM
32 lbs front and rear. Just like the Tire MFG recommends.

lavaman
12-20-09, 07:36 PM
Ended up again at 29 PSI on all tires measured cold in the AM. Is the worst fate that I am going to suffer less tire mileage due to more / improper wear?

Gary,

Yes... not only will you use up the tire tread faster but you'll also use more gas.

While inflating above the recommended tire pressure (32 front & rear)...(but not above max inflation) does not alter expected fuel use or tread life, under-inflation does. Running lower than recommended tire pressure will result in increased rolling resistance in the tires. This uses more fuel, heats the tires more and wears tread more.

I run mine about 35 psi. I prefer the feel of the car at that pressure than 32.

HTH Doug

Gary Wells
12-20-09, 08:12 PM
JFJr, wfo, & lavaman:
It's becoming apparent that I don't pay enough attention in the corners as compared to paying attention to general overall driving. Unfortunately, this is only a every other weekend toy as it shares toy duty with my turbo Buick for the alternate weekends. I am off for 2 weeks and I think that I had better spend at least 1 week of almost daily driving and put the tires back up to 31-32 and pay a little more attention to it's handling characteristics in the corners.
Roads out here are getting pretty bad, and that does not help much. This thing feels like a Mack truck on the bumps, potholes, & expansion joints. I know that you guys know best though and I do really appreciate the responses.
BTW, are you guys taking your tire pressure readings when the ambient air temperature is less than what it's at during the day. I measure mine not only when the car has sat for at least overnight, but also very early AM when the ambient air temperature is down too.

lavaman
12-21-09, 09:06 AM
32 lbs front and rear. Just like the Tire MFG recommends.

With all due respect, the 32 psi recommendation is from Cadillac engineering and not Michelin.

The only psi numbers provided by the tire manufacturer are max pressure not recommended pressure.

Only the car manufactures know the tire load requirement at each corner of the car and so only their recommendations should be followed.

HTH Doug

lavaman
12-21-09, 09:31 AM
JFJr, wfo, & lavaman:
It's becoming apparent that I don't pay enough attention in the corners as compared to paying attention to general overall driving. Unfortunately, this is only a every other weekend toy as it shares toy duty with my turbo Buick for the alternate weekends. I am off for 2 weeks and I think that I had better spend at least 1 week of almost daily driving and put the tires back up to 31-32 and pay a little more attention to it's handling characteristics in the corners.
Roads out here are getting pretty bad, and that does not help much. This thing feels like a Mack truck on the bumps, potholes, & expansion joints. I know that you guys know best though and I do really appreciate the responses.
BTW, are you guys taking your tire pressure readings when the ambient air temperature is less than what it's at during the day. I measure mine not only when the car has sat for at least overnight, but also very early AM when the ambient air temperature is down too.

Gary I often check the inflation via the DIC in the morning as I am departing my neighborhood. (I have compared the DIC to my handheld gauges and the DIC is "spot on".) If the pressures are low I'll stop sometime during the day and add the needed amount. If the morning readings were low by say... 3 psi, I add 3 psi to whatever the readings are at that time.

We get some pretty good temp swings in the Chicago area (effecting tire pressures). I do not set the pressures daily but usually look at them every couple of weeks.

BTW, I thought of another downside to running pressures lower than what's recommended... You have an increased risk of bending a rim and/or damaging a tire when you encounter larger pavement variations... (pot holes...)

HTH Doug

Gary Wells
12-21-09, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Doug, I am going to reverse the process of what I went through a while back lowering my *tire pressure* 1 lb. PSI at a time until I get to 32, and then try that for a while. I am wondering if the characteristics of too low tire pressure might feel similar to that of too high pressure. I check my tire pressure generally in the early AM with a what seems to be 1 of 2 very accurate hand held gages, and when I get my On-Star report, it is always spot on. If they are not accurate, then all three of of the readings are off in the same direction, which does not sound logical.

lavaman
12-21-09, 12:00 PM
Have you tried playing with the DIC to display the tire pressure readings in the dash? I am not near my car to check but I think it is the top center button that is used to toggle between several different info readouts. It's quite simple to bring up the tire pressures "On the fly" if you wish. Once you verify the accuracy of the DIC display to your handheld gauges you can keep the gauges in the toolbox for your other cars and simply rely on the Caddy's built in system.

I'm quite sure the DIC readings are what Onstar reports to you monthly. I would encourage you to use the DIC. You'll learn to trust it's readings with confidence. I find it quite interesting to see how ambient temps, spirited driving and speed effect tire pressures. I love to have that info provided while in the drivers seat enjoying the car's performance.

JFJr
12-21-09, 12:20 PM
I've found that the tire pressures displayed in the DIC are 1 - 2 psi below the correct readings, using an accurate tire gauge, but the system is still very useful.

GMX322V S/C
12-21-09, 01:19 PM
^^--Same here. My VDO dial gauge agrees with my digital gauge, but the DIC is consistently 1-2 PSI lower. It's easy enough to keep the offset in mind, but has anyone recalibrated their TPMS and found the accuracy improved?

Gary Wells
12-21-09, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't want you guys to fall out of your chairs laughing, but I have always been afraid on playing with the DIC, so ever since I have had the car, it has been set on the mileage. Thew worst part of this story is that my DD is a '02 ZO6, and I am sure that the DIC's are very similar, or close. From me getting a "tire pressure too low" notice on the On-Star report I would also bet that they get their readings from the DIC also. I am increasing the tire pressure all around to 31 lbs PSI, and I will try that for a while. Thanks for the info, and I think that I will look into learning to use the DIC. Thanks again for everybody's help.

lavaman
12-21-09, 02:20 PM
^^--Same here. My VDO dial gauge agrees with my digital gauge, but the DIC is consistently 1-2 PSI lower. It's easy enough to keep the offset in mind, but has anyone recalibrated their TPMS and found the accuracy improved?

Interesting! I am/was unaware of a re-calibration process. Are you referring to the process used to reset the positioning like after a rotation or is there something else?

lavaman
12-21-09, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't want you guys to fall out of your chairs laughing, but I have always been afraid on playing with the DIC, so ever since I have had the car, it has been set on the mileage. Thew worst part of this story is that my DD is a '02 ZO6, and I am sure that the DIC's are very similar, or close. From me getting a "tire pressure too low" notice on the On-Star report I would also bet that they get their readings from the DIC also. I am increasing the tire pressure all around to 31 lbs PSI, and I will try that for a while. Thanks for the info, and I think that I will look into learning to use the DIC. Thanks again for everybody's help.

Yep... there is a lot of fun stuff waiting in there for you!

I usually leave the digital spedo on the display. Its much easier to see as the position I have my steering wheel hides the analog spedo pretty well.

JFJr
12-21-09, 02:36 PM
You can also set the right button to display front tire pressures when it's pushed, then toggle down with the down arrow to get the rears and then push the middle button to display the speedometer (if it has been set to that function) to finish.

supratovcoupe
07-04-12, 01:23 PM
I am going to the track thursday I always ran my Hossiers R1's @ 28 cold on my Supra told to me by a 3 time SCCA Champion made a big diff on grip will start my Michey's there and see w happens when they warm up.

Any One have more time on the stockers? I just dont believe those high preasures are better for grip bringing shoe polish.....Mark B.

supratovcoupe
07-05-12, 05:11 PM
Went to ECR today temp 95 Went with my gutt and started @ 29 psi (perfect)
Still no roll over on shoe polish was able to pull a 1.1G all stock but cooked my brake fluid on 2nd run done for the day. First time out in 3 1/2 years felt great
Car did over heat because a milion grasshoppers clogged my grill and Rad.
Definetly change brake fuid to racing spec. No rear end light came on for me?
Mark B.

pmsteinm
07-06-12, 11:18 AM
I find that ~32PSI cold gets them to around 34-35 when driving, which seems the best to me. Of couse living in NC means I have to mess with the pressure almost every time I want to drive that car...100 degrees one day, 75 the next, then 85, back to 95, etc, etc

On the track, its usually <30 cold because when they get hot they end up around 34-36. I'm surprised some of you run them at 40 on the track. The few times I've gotten them higher than I want I noticed a lot of squirly braking from 130 when they are 38PSI+, which didn't make me feel good. However, at 35 the front shoulders wear a lot more. Can't have everything I guess...

I know nitrogen would reduce the amount of screwing around needed, but then I can't fill them myself. Not being able to DIY is more annoying to me than having to change pressures often.

supratovcoupe
07-06-12, 03:40 PM
I did try 32 cold went out they heated up to 39-40 quick. I drive hard
Came back in lowered them back to 28-29 they ran 34ish hot
alot more grip and feedback...Mark